SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Dev Platform

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Dev Platform.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SPFX ListView Command Set: Add option to trigger list view update

Currently we need to use location.reload(); in the onExecute(...) to trigger an update, which obviously reloads the whole page.
    Please add a funktionality to trigger an update so its possible to update the comands after the exicution.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  SharePoint Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add UseAccessRequestDefault Rest API or CSOM when receiver is the team site owner in Access Request Settings.

Environment: SPO

There is a new option to allow the team site owners to receive the access requests email, but there is no Rest API/CSOM to support this, Please have add this into CSOM API, Thank you.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Make triggering a Power Automation flow from site script free again

Recent licensing changes for Power Automate has made the Request - When a HTTP Request is received trigger a Premium action. This essentially removes the ability to call a Power Automate Flow from a Site Script since every user making the call would now require premium licensing.

Whats worse, is any Flow that was previously configured to use this trigger from a site script can no longer be updated and saved. You are given an error message about inaccurate licensing and prevented from saving. So anyone who had been using it for Site design and site script automation can no…

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Site Scripts & Site Designs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make sure everything that is available from the SOAP api is available from CSOM

Currently you cannot get some things from the CSOM/REST api that you can get from the SOAP API.

• For SharePoint Lists - Getting the AnonymousPermMask property requires the Lists.asmx soap web service.

• For SharePoint Sites - Getting the NoIndex, AnonymousViewListItems, and AllowAnonymousAccess property requires the Sites.asmx soap web service.

• Listing all site collections in a web app also requires SOAP.

We definitely need to go through everything in the SOAP API and make sure that all still-relevant properties and operations can be done with CSOM/REST.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. JSON formatting: Add .parse() and .split() operands

JSON formatting is nice and dandy, I would like some more operators though.

Specifically .parse() to interpret the contents of @currentField as a JSON object, and split() to interpret is an an array, split by whichever operator is provided.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  SharePoint Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make SPFx projects compatible with TSLint VSCode extension

Make SPFx projects compatible with TSLint VSCode extension by either moving the tslint.json file to the root folder or by creating a new tslint.json at the root that instructs the VSCode extension to look for rules on the config folder

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow spfx webparts to be added to classic publishing pages

When trying to add SPFX webpart to classic publishing page, sp.runtime.js is trying to load twice which is causing a conflict and resulting in the page to breaking, I have tried a few workaround but hasn't solved my issue.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. View Existing Assigned Permissions to SP AddIns

Once permissions are applied to a Service Principal name via _layouts/15/appinv.aspx, it is not possible to see the permissions applied there after. Please build some functionality via the GUI so we can see each (XML) permission applied per Client ID and at what scope it was defined. These service principal names do not appear as 'SharePoint Apps' in the site contents page like other AddIns do, hence we can't click permissions and view them.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. In Place Records Management: Provide the ability to declare/undeclare a item as a record using REST API

Currently we don't have any API to declare a item in list/library as record or undeclare a item. We need an Rest API to use in SPFx or other development tools being developed.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Column formatting Office URI

Can you please allow the JSON column formatting to support the Office URI schemas - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/client-developer/office-uri-schemes?

This would allow simple links to open documents from a library as templates.

At the moment, if I construct an <a> tag then it will reject anything that does not start with http.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Upon deleting a site collection redirect user to other URL

HI Team,

Can we get a feature where a user will be redirected to some other URL(Custom) instead of SharePoint default URL once the site is deleted from any place ?

Thanks & Regards,
    Pavan.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please Fix - Adding calculated lookup column breaks Lists when creating new List from existing List.

I created a List in Teams and opened in SharePoint Online to customize it.
    I can create a 'calculated column' and set information type as 'Lookup' and point to data within the list I'm creating.

This works as expected however, if I want to reuse this List (Create new list from existing list) the creation breaks. I get an error "Parameter targetListName references a resource that could not be found".

If I take out the calculated list 'Lookup' column, I can reuse the List.

Please Fix.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Adding multiple users with email address in modern views in People picker and office UI fabric people picker

Enable the functionality to add multiple users with email address in modern views in People picker and office UI fabric people picker which is currently not available.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Linked to item lookup column (from a different list) pops up dialog box - but JSON button/icon/href display doesn't open dialog box

I created a column that is a linked to item lookup field to a different list and pops up a dialog box to that item when clicked. I only get @currentField.lookupId or @currentField.lookupValue for the JSON formatting - and would like to have the "@currentField.lookupUrl" so that I can display a button or different link text - yet have it act like the "linked to item" link which inherits whether or not it opens in a dialog box from the "advanced settings" or the list.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  SharePoint Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow assigning user profiles a subtype through an API

It would be nice if an API would be added which would allow changing the user profile subtype of users in SharePoint Online. As far as I could find at present only through the SPO Admin WebUI you can make those changes. That won't fly for large amounts of users.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Set Default Column Values using a Site Script Verb (Site Design)

I am a fan of Site Designs; however, I would like to be able to set Default Column Values on lists and folders.

You could complete this action using the UI or the Set-PnPDefaultColumnValues PowerShell complete. Sadly, this is not in acceptable to the average “business user” and required administrator input.

Please add a verb called setDefaultColumnValues to SharePoint Site Scripts?

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Site Scripts & Site Designs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. view formatting support click to call using href=tel:

Expand the SharePoint View formatting schema to support click to call URLs. This would allow a url such as <a href='tel:555-555-1212'>555-555-1212</a> to be created using SharePoint's json view formatting. Today 'tel:' protocol is not supported. The following is an example of the requested syntax to create a click to call url from data in a "Phone" column.

{

&quot;elmType&quot;: &quot;a&quot;,
    &quot;txtContent&quot;: &quot;[$Phone]&quot;,
    &quot;attributes&quot;: {
    &quot;target&quot;: &quot;_blank&quot;,
    &quot;href&quot;: &quot;=&#39;tel:&#39; + [$Phone]&quot;
    }
    }

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Increase the size limit of 50mb for zip file generate while using built-in document set downloader page

While using the /_layouts/DocSetExport.aspx?List={ListId}&ID={ItemId} link, we found that the zips created for documents whose total size exceeds 50mb is corrupted, in the Sharepoint online environment. It would be nice if this limit is increased

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow Property Pane Groups and Group Fields to be hidden

Richer editing experiences can be written when group fields and groups can be hidden via property pane configuration - much like group fields can be disabled by passing true to the disabled property.

The 'disabled' property is not enough for building rich and dynamic editing experiences. Especially when groups of fields need to be disabled based on other properties. We need 'hidden' as well as 'disabled' and preferably the ability to hide groups as well as group fields.

The current solutions for dynamically showing property pane controls involves creating wrapper controls and frankly when it comes to developing SharePoint sites…

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Modify gulp tasks to support node_modules in a parent directory

As per described here https://github.com/SharePoint/sp-dev-docs/issues/4853
    It would be very useful that gulp tasks support that the node_modules folder is in a parent directory, so that we can use pnpm shared-workspace-lockfile = true

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base