SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Dev Platform

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Dev Platform.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

I suggest you ....

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. REST API citizenship! (surface, roadmap and change log)

Besides the lack of detailed documentation around the REST API, given its importance as a major entry point for apps, it needs to be treated with more respect as a service offering. It's currently being updated in CUs and on SharePoint online without any notification of the changes being made (such as the $metadata endpoint appearing - was it in the August 2013 CU for on-prem?). We either need it to be released in a non-breaking change model (URL versioning such as the Twilio model), or messaging needs to be improved so we know when things are going to be…

248 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

We are actively working on the REST API and Graph API documentation improvements, but as this issue does not have clear explicit delivery criteria, we are closing it to ensure that it does not hide any other critical gap with more specific delivery details.

We are highly interested on improving the documentation and are absolutely open for suggestions, but also want to ensure that the votes are available for more concrete submissions.

Setting status as closed as we definitely are not declining this and are actively working on it, but would not consider it also as “done”.

2. Need SharePoint Online Web Service Support AppOnly Token

The SharePoint Online Web Service doesn't support apponly token, please help support it, then we can call web service API which is not available in CSOM.

Thank you.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. استفاده از ویندوز10 رایگان

برای راه اندازی ویندوز 10 میشود با Any Disk کمک کنید

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Site Scripts & Site Designs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Classic to Modern Page Migration

There are issue in migrating the classic page to modern using .Net based SharePoint PnP Modernization framework.

I get below error. It is random, sometimes i get this error and sometime not. Tried 'Include(WelcomePage)'.Nothing works. Any suggestion please

Error Description:
    The property or field 'WelcomePage' has not been initialized. It has not been requested or the request has not been executed. It may need to be explicitly requested.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. UserProfile.BatchUpdate.API is not working anymore. Please fix.

I am using the UserProfile.BatchUpdate.API for like 2 years without any problem. I have accidentally noticed that the API is not working anymore. It is not important, if i trigger the sync job with one user or multiple in the JSON file or if i try to sync multiple attributes or one attribute, i am just getting an internal error like this one:

Job ID: 07bb3ef9-60a2-46d0-a467-396b9428abf5
    Job State: Error
    Error State: InternalError
    Logged errors: Failed to import the custom properties due to an unexpected error.

Please fix the api!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

As this is an issue report, we are closing it from UserVoice, which is targeted for new enhancements. We would recommend using following routes for any issue reporting:
    - Premier Support – if possible
    - Non-development support through tenant admin support channel at the tenant admin UIs
    - Developer support through http;//aka.ms/spdev-issues

Sorry for the inconvenience.

6. Menu = feedback(slide) on list= ...

We need a betherthan interface.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Sharepoint filtering not working in Chrome as of last week and the response is to that Sharepoint only optimized for IE

At the direction of your help staff we use Chrome as our main browser. As of last week, filtering is not working, and when I spoke with two different support from 365 they told me that Chrome will no longer be supported and that we need to switch to IE, which we continually have problems with...locking up constantly.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

As this is missing actual details, we’ll need to close this. There are no details on what filtering this is actually referring to and how it’s not working properly.

Chrome is absolutely supported browser in SharePoint Online and there are no optimizations for IE. This is unfortunately false information which should be corrected.

On the supported browsers in SharePoint Online, please have a look on following article https://support.office.com/en-us/article/which-browsers-work-with-office-online-ad1303e0-a318-47aa-b409-d3a5eb44e452

8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Why not sharepoint can be edited with dotnet using C# or VB using

if SP pages allow to edit using C# or VB language it depends heavily on java and json why not MSFT own languages

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Site Scripts & Site Designs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can create and manage modern pages in SharePoint using remote APIs which are also available through C# and VB. SharePoint does not use Java.

Modern SharePoint has been built using JavaScript in same ways as classic SharePoint and you can extend the UIs using JavaScript capabilities, like using TypeScript with SharePoint Framework.

10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is not unfortunately actionable for us as there are no actual details. Closing this as we can’t really do anything with given information.

11. Auto -installers /Wizard based installation for SharePoint Framework / Project

If I need to deploy Simple Hello world webpart using SPFx, I have to install 4-5 installables,

can it be done with autoinstallers/Wizards, and when developer create new project , automacally default files will be created in project.. I have new to SPFx,in case if it already in place please share the links.

Regards,
    Swati

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

When you deploy a web part to SPO, only item you need to deploy is the sppkg file to app catalog. When you create a new web part, only item you need to execute is the Yeoman generator for giving you the default starting point. Please see more details on the Getting started guidance at http:/aka.ms/spfx.

Installing node, gulp, yo etc. has to be only be done once per environment.

12. Could you add a sample with angular routing in a webpart ? Because with every page that is loaded through routing , angular is not working

Could you add a sample with angular routing in a webpart on GIt (https://github.com/SharePoint/sp-dev-fx-webparts) ? Because with every page that is loaded through routing , angular is not working in my case

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Although we appreciate your time and effort to give us this feedback, it’s not something we’re planning to do right now from engineering side. We do understand that there is a need for different kind of samples for the community, but we are not prioritizing them through the UserVoice process, so closing this one from here.

13. Opção de Ponto de Restauração de um Conjunto de Site

Só eciste opção de voltar pastas/arquivos mais não a opção de restauração total de um site apartir de uma data determinada.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. web part jquery datatable with add new row

I saw this tutorial https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/spfx/web-parts/guidance/migrate-jquery-datatables-script-to-spfx.

And I wonder how to add new row to jquery datatable with data enter from right pane!

Can I do this?

Thk

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Adding the helloworld webpart does not work in Edge but works in Chrome

This sis an issue I am facing, not an idea. Adding the helloworld webpart does not work in Edge but works in Chrome.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Since this is an issue, not an idea, we would suggest submitting this from the http://aka.ms/spdev-issues. Please also include additional details on which sample you were using, what are the versions of your browser and also which operating system you are using.

16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Closing this as there’s no context of the request, so submission is unfortunately not actionable. If you have an issues with provided documentation, please report details using http://aka.ms/spdev-issues.

Also please provide following details, so that we can investigate and react on your feedback.

- What code are you referring to?
    - Where is this code located?
    - Where in the VS are you pasting the code?
    - Are you following some tutorials or what are you trying to do?
    - What is not a “full definition”?
    - What are the values you are referring to?
    - Which VS version you are using?

Thanks for your submission and additional details advance, so that we can make things work the way they would.

17. What does ODSP stand for?

What does ODSP stand for? Acronyms are vital, however only if they are explained in the footnote.

This comment is in regards to this artical: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/solution-guidance/multigeo-introduction

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The referred article starts with following line – “The OneDrive and SharePoint Online (ODSP)”. ODSP means OneDrive and SharePoint.

We are happy to adjust the documentation as needed and feel free to add documentation suggestion feedback or even submit a pull request in GitHub for update suggestion.

18. Is there a way to associate a Hub site into another Hub site?

I'm trying to create a network of sites collected under regional hub sites and in turn associate those regional hubs under a bigger hub site.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not supported. Site collections can be associated with hub sites, but you cannot associate hub site to hub site. In general, we would recommend using our community forums for these kinds of questions as this is not really a feature suggestion.

See for example http://aka.ms/sppnp-community.

19. fix the bug when a list is created in sharepoint, where the names of list elements do not appear in the modern vision.

Fix the bug when a list is created in sharepoint, where the names of list elements do not appear in the modern vision.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. idea screenn asoll GITHUB user projects before they are relleased for the use by the public for hidden permissions to monitore and interfer

stop win 10 shared experiences access from unauthored access to home computer being remotely managed and used as a GITHUB repository. With developer IT recoding TD AMERITRADE landing login page creating a virtual account. Allowing my siister Leslie Hammond access to the real account. She is quit the developer of worms and their Home network Monitoring everyone that uses it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base