SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Administration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Administration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Differentiate between what settings apply to Modern vs. Classic SharePoint

It appears some of the SharePoint settings are not applicable to both modern and classic, but doesn't note that anywhere in the settings. For example, allow customer script seems to only apply to classic and modern SharePoint. There needs to be some type of way to discern between what applies where. Any reasonable admin would assume that if the setting is set to allow, then is applicable to both classic and modern.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Office 365 SharePoint Tenant Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Comments filter

Is there any way to display last 2 (X) months comments on modern pages? I want to display last 2 or 3 months comments rather than all comments posted by users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Office 365 SharePoint Tenant Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I would like to send Notifications and Alerts to Kaizala

I would like to send Notifications and Alerts to Kaizala

Thank you,
    Jorge Gallego

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Need to have Idle Session Time Out for SharePoint Online Site Collections based on IP Addresses and Location.

We want to have the ability to have Idle Session Time Out for SharePoint Online Site Collections based on IP Addresses and Location.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow creation of custom views for site lists

Currently in the "new" SPOnline Admin Center, there are several "built-in views". I'd like to create my own. For example, I want to view all non-Team sites... I can't manage Team sites as I'm not an Office 365 Global Admin, just a SharePoint Admin, and if I can't manage them, I don't want to see them in my default view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Monitoring, Reporting and Management of Site Collection App Catalog

No current Site Listing, Reporting or Monitoring capabilities available within SharePoint Online Admin Center on Site Collection App Catalog.
    This is currently only possible by using PowerShell scripts to interrogate the entire Tenancy Site Collection list and inspecting each Site Collection for the presence of an "AppCatalog" library and respective Feature Definition ID which is not sustainable against a growing large volume of Site Collections within Tenancy.

Seeking interest consideration for SharePoint Admin Center to have UI capabilities to report or list Site Collections that have Site Collection App Catalog enabled as well as Reporting drill-down capability from App /…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Enable control LookUp Column threshold in SharePoint Online

Allow SharePoint Online Administrators to control their farm's Look-Up Column threshold and List View Thresholds. Throttling these down to 8 or 12 Look-Up Columns for a list/library prevents basic functions from working after merely a few Person Column or Managed Metadata columns are created after the two that are created by default (Created By, Modified By).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. SharePoint Admin Center Preview Message Center

In the SharePoint Admin Center Preview it offers the SharePoint Admin the ability to view messages in the Message Center. However, when they click on a given message to get the full details it denies them access stating that they don't have permissions to the requested page. This is because it redirects them back to the O365 Admin Center, which they do not, and should not, have permissions to. I would highly recommend that this be addressed. If it is in the SharePoint Admin Center, Preview or otherwise, the SharePoint Admin should have access to it, otherwise why even have…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When user open the sharepoint file, the autosave will triggle the alert even the file not changed.

When user open the sharepoint file, the autosave will triggle the alert even the file not changed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please remove Server Resource Quota if no significance

Hello Team,

Please remove Server Resource Quota from SharePoint Online Central Admin if it is of no significance. As I understand this was applicable to allocate processing power and resources when working in SnadBox mode. But SandBox Env no longer exists.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please make this new preview w site mobile phone friendly as it's currently Not

Please make this new preview site mobile phone friendly as it's currently Not

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. remove/disable "Create" sub-site when using Modern Team Sites

When using Modern site templates the ability of not allowing Users to create a sub site either globally or per site collection.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Have read-only admin roles

Having the option to set read-only admin roles in a tenant makes it easier to investigate problems without having to run the risk to make any changes in the tenant settings. This option would make it easy to just check the settings, but prevent making any unwanted modifications.
    For example, when partners are part of the admin team for a tenant, they might not be able do modify any setting, but are able to give hints for a better configuration.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Office 365 SharePoint Tenant Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Option to create and extra site location besides /sites/.. and /teams/...

I want to be able to create an extra site location besides /sites/... and /teams/...
    I like to create a /archive/.. location.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Separate Admin only option for Site and SubSite creation

Create a separate Admin only option for Site and SubSite creation. Having Site and SubSite creation either opened or closed to ALL users (admins and end users) allows end users to create their own collections/subsites, which is difficult for administrative support going forward in an Enterprise size organization.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Devolution money

Shoes devolution pleas

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Office 365 audit log does not pull out the logs properly under the specific condition.

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Office 365 監査ログでサイトやフォルダを指定して検索を行った場合に特定の期間のログが検索結果に表示されない事象について

Office 365 audit log does not pull out the logs properly under the specific condition.

■Description(内容):
    Office 365 監査ログで SharePoint Online の 9 月 1 日から 9 月 17 日の期間のログが検索結果に表示されない事象が発生していることを確認しました。
    この事象は検索対象にサイトやフォルダの URL を設定して検索を行った場合にのみ発生し、検索対象を設定しない場合は正常に検索結果が表示されます。
    来年度の 9 月 1 日から 9 月 17 日の期間でも同様の事象が発生しないよう、この問題の改善を希望します。

We confirmed that the SharePoint Online logs in the period from Sep.1st to Sep.17th cannot be shown in the results of Office 365 audit log.
    This happens only when specifying sites/folders URL as the search target. Unless we don’t set the search target, the result will be displayed as usual.
    We…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base