SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Administration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Administration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. mailto link in the global navigation

Allow SharePoint administrators to use "mailto:email@xx.com" links in the global navigation.
    This was possible in SharePoint 2013 and I can't see a reason, why this shouldn't be possible in Office 365 environment.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  SharePoint Upgrade  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Audit who and how many people visit a site / blog on SharePoint Online (Office365)

It would be great to audit who and how many people visit a site / blog in SharePoint Online (Office365), in case we make a T.I blog what is my case, we want to know how many people visit it and who gets in. Also we send emails to make users visit the blog and our intranet.
    It's good to know the impact that the site is causing to the users.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  SharePoint Upgrade  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add "All Owners" column to new Site Management Page

Add column for displaying all site collection owners within the SP Online site management page. There is a column displaying the primary site collection administrator. However, "Group Owners" is being shown for many site collections in this column. That is not very helpful. If we could see everyone in the site collection's "Owners Group," that should provide at least one person as a contact. AND/OR require that site collections provide a person as a the primary Site Collection Admin and prevent the "Group Owners" group from being assigned to this role.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. No Check Permission alerts

immediate alerts send mail without permission check.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. SharePoint Online 些細なアップデートも確認したい I also want to check for small updates to SharePoint Online

SharePoint のメジャーアップデートではなく、些細なアップデートや修正情報についても私たちユーザー側で確認出来るようなサイトがほしい。
    サポート チームにお問い合わせをしてアップデートを待ってと言われても、いつアップデートされるかが分からないので、とても不便です。

開発に時間がかかるのは分かるけど、アップデート情報はサイレント修正ではなく、告知してほしいです。

We want a site where we can see trivial updates and fixes, not major SharePoint updates.
    If you contact the support team and ask them to wait for an update, it's very inconvenient because you don't know when they're going to be updated.

I know it will take a long time to develop, but I'd like you to announce the update information, not a silent fix.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Labels to appear in Metadata Columns in SharePoint

Sensitivity Labels, Sensitivity Types and Retention Labels should be able to appear in Metadata Columns in SharePoint especially since Sensitivity Labels causes documents to be non-searchable

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Recycle Bin Permision Options

Please consider allowing permission options for the Recycle Bin within the Online Version of SharePoint, similar to the same permissions in a typical SP list or document library. One add on would be that if a user creates a list item or uploads a documents to a library then it should be seen only by the user who created it in the Recycle Bin if they deleted it. Site Admin should only see the event and have the capability to clear the entry.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Quick Links: Toggle to open in same window or new tab

When editing Quick links, create a toggle to Open in the Same window or in a new tab. We have links to external sites and we want those sites to open a new tab rather within the same window.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Threshold Limit Permissions

So I did a data migration from Egnyte to Sharepoint separating folders to specific team site document libraries. Some of these folders had over 5,000 items so now some of my libraries are over the threshold which is giving me some very big headaches. For starters setting permissions is HELL. If there is a folder with over 5,000 items and you try and assign someone permissions to that folder and sub folders then it doesnt replicate it. This caused me to have to go through over 300 individual folder granting permissions. Just horrible. You need to be able to set…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Users are unable to return to new SharePoint view after selecting 'return to classic view'

One user is my tenancy has clicked on 'return to classic view' his colleagues are now using the new view but he is unable to "revert to the new view"

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add direct upgrade paths from previous versions (2010 and 2007) to Office 365

Most on premise customers have not upgraded to SharePoint 2013. Traditionally upgrades are only supported from the previous version. However, if we want people to adopt Office 365 we are going to need to make it easy to migrate from 2007 & 2010

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  SharePoint Upgrade  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. wiki ページを他のサイト コレクションにコピーしたい I want to copy a wiki page to another site collection

チーム サイトにはテンプレート機能でサイト コレクションのコピーが出来るのに、Wiki ページのコピーが出来ないのは納得いかないです。
    業務上、Wiki ページのコピーが必要不可欠となっています。
    早期的な解決、改善をお願いいたします。

I can't be convinced that team sites can copy site collections using the template function but cannot copy wiki pages.
    A copy of the wiki page is essential for business.
    Thank you for your early resolution and improvement.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Move .aspx (wiki) page to a different library

The ability to move (not copy) pages from one library to another. This functionality exists for documents but not for wiki pages.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Notification of SharePoint page comments to go to site Admin or selected user.

Comments on site pages to go to site Admin or selected user.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. SharePoint Server 2016 Feature Pack 3 updates

Expectation was it will be released in year 2018 itself and feature pack 3 is not released yet even after two successful months completion of year 2019.

These are not expectations we end users/organizations set with Microsoft SharePoint team.

Please gear up and send out the release of SharePoint 2016 Feature Pack 3

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Manage Site Page Permissions at Group Level

Please enable permissions for Site Pages to be managed using Permission Groups in the same way that document libraries are.

Where there is a requirement to expose some pages to a subset of users and not to others, the only current way to manage it is to create a linked site or subsite for the distinct permission groups, which is an enormous overhead for perhaps one or two pages.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sharepoint - File Versioning

Sharepoint is a great application however there is one feature which so many people would love to have which is missing. The ability to have one document in different places on your Sharepoint site, and if the information on one copy of that document is changed, then it changes on all versions of that document.

Would be a great addition to the versioning feature.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Do not get rid of Sharepoint Classic. I do not want to lose the drag and drop to email capability or the work in exploered capability

Do not get rid of Sharepoint Classic. I do not want to lose the drag and drop to email capability or the work in Explorer capability

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Public sites

Reverse this decision or explain it better than you have.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base