SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Administration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Administration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Maintain version history when copying files in Sharepoint

When copying files in Sharepoint (https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Move-or-copy-a-folder-file-or-link-in-a-document-library-00e2f483-4df3-46be-a861-1f5f0c1a87bc) it should retain the version information of the files moved rather than just creating a new version of the file, basically making the latest version, 1.0.

This is a useless feature at the moment as it only serves as another method to copy files between sites and is no different than downloading them and uploading them to another site.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Exchangeの連絡先として登録済みのアカウントをSPOで招待可能にしたい

Exchange の連絡先に登録済みのアカウントで SharePoint 側で招待を受け、該当アカウントでSharePoint サイトにログインする際に、エラーが発生することを確認いたしました。

Exchange の連絡先に登録済みのアカウントでも SharePoint の招待を受けてサイトにログインする際に、正常にログインできるようにしたいです。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Storage Metrics

To fix the issue where Storage Metrics does not show correct storage breakup. It shows completely wrong data when compared to Web analytics page or using a PS script.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Old Microsoft Logo

Update the Microsoft Logo at the bottom of the SharePoint admin center.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Regarding the auto created site collection while creating Office365 group

I am aware that site collection is created automatically when I create Office365 group, but I do wish not to have it auto created while making Office 365 group.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Provide an option to turn off SP Designer caching while developing..or remove it entirely as it's pointless.

I've turned off the caching option in SPD settings but I still don't see changes that are made to js/css files unless I add a query parameter to the referenced url. This is a very tedious multistep process because master pages have to be checked out, and then approved all over again.
    Msft tells me "not all caching can be turned off" but can't explain why which is utterly absurd. The caching process seems to be poorly thought out: it seems to cache "some" files to a local machine (at %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WebsiteCache) only when working in SPD which would be the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Certificates Created by SharePoint

Since 2010 there are a set of SharePoint Deployed Certificates for SharePoint Security Token Service, SharePoint Security Token Service Encryption, and SharePoint Services. When a Farm is Created, the SharePoint Root Authority is not set to be trusted. When a farm is created or when a server is joined into a farm the SharePoint Root Authority could be added in as trusted to potentially mitigate slowness that may be experience per this KB:https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2625048/site-slowness-because-of-sharepoint-sts-certificate-crl-checking

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Let me connect with the same engineer on various problems.

I have talked with several support engineers. Although I have not been dissatisfied with any of them, there is one in particular, Doron Friedlander, who has been exceptionally beneficial for the level of marketing that I am doing. I would like to have the option of reconnecting with him regarding future challenges.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Need to have the ability to protect individual folders with confidential documentation eg for HR team

At the moment all global admins can access our HR documents that include details of salaries and bonuses etc. There doesn't appear to be a way to prevent this. In our case we have created a separate HR folder in Google Drive which is of course not ideal

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Eliminate the ability to delete/edit required objects

It is currently possible to delete/change objects such as SP Groups and Content Types that SP depends on. When these items are changed, it is very difficult to troubleshoot and fix. MS needs to prevent us from accidentally breaking the software. Examples of this are the new SharePointOrgHome groups in SPO, the Title field for Items, the default Members group for a site etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant

The Outlook team has already made this tool super handy for troubleshooting client-side issues when interfacing with Exchange.

My end users are running the tool themselves and loving it. Why not throw in some basic troubleshooting scenarios for SharePoint?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bug: SharePoint Timer Job "job-timer-recycle" without function

The last Sebtember 2016 update for SP 2016 has, unfortunately, still a serious bug in the “SPTimerRecyleJobDefinition”. The job is never executed correctly!

public override void Execute(System.Guid targetInstanceId)
    {
    try
    {
    Process currentProcess = Process.GetCurrentProcess();
    if (System.DateTime.UtcNow.Subtract(currentProcess.StartTime).Minutes < 60)
    {
    ULS.SendTraceTag(7436320u, ULSCat.msoulscatWSSTimer, ULSTraceLevel.Medium, "Skipping timer recycle since the process has been running less than 1 hour.");
    return;
    }
    }….

TimeSpan.Minutes is the Minutes part and can not be greater then 59 (TotalMinutes is correct)! This Job is never executed!!!!
    The next Bug is Utc. The Process.StartTime is local time (Kind=local)

Please remove the term review so that you…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Shared file Data should available on local drive

Data for the share folders are only available on cloud. When We sync the shared data didn't download on local drive on other's computer.
    Therefore data is not available offline to other users
    It is an extremely important bugg need to be get fixed

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add SharePoint bug area to uservoice or similar

Please add a SharePoint bug area or other method to report problems to the SharePoint product team. I'm a Microsoft Gold Partner but not have a method to report bug. I try with Microsoft Support but without premier no method to report bug, also with Microsoft Partner Support but same way.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. utilize lync meeting instead of outbound call only support

I posted rescue request from Office 365 Admin page and Microsoft Japan team provided me for their good support, but their way of communication is just through outbound only call and Microsoft Japan does not accept my call-back which is very inconvenient.

While I understand that Microsoft does not want to accept inbound call because of resource allocation difficulties, I don't understand why Microsoft forces them to call and not allow them to use Lync meeting.

Since all of us use Lync, if they want to communicate with us to make sure that their support is sufficient, why not set…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. How about a Fix for SharePoint 2013 installer.

Come on, guys. This just won't do:

Attempting to install any variety of SharePoint 2013 on a machine that has the .NET Framework 4.6.1 on it fails because the SharePoint installer says that it can't find .NET Framework 4.5.

Yeah, seriously.

The prerequisite installer happily accepts 4.6.1 (as it should), but the product installer makes a newbie mistake in wanting "4.5" but not "4.5 or later".

Trying to downgrade 4.6.1 is a nightmare because it's inexcusably poorly documented (Aaron Stebner's blog post at https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/astebner/2016/03/04/mailbag-how-to-revert-to-older-versions-of-the-net-framework-4-family/#comment-37506) gives the only clear idea of what you have to do - uninstall a KB.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Update Audience in Navigation Heading

I went to People and Groups and renamed a SharePoint Group from Fun-Together to "Fun Together" and went I went to Navigation and changed the Audience for a Navigation Heading (A document Library) in SharePoint 2013 Enterprise Edition SP1, it did NOT update the audience, it has a red underline. I had to update it by deleting it and adding the correct one "Fun Together." I do NOT think it is the spaces, I believe it is that it is different and audiences are not updating it. I don't know if a timerjob fixes this, but I noticed this after…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. In SP2013 MySite profile page header names are not consistent

In SP2013 MySite profile page when we click on "Documents" it launches documents page but in the left pane it shows as "My Documents" confused by many users because the header name is not consistent. can you please fix this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base