SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Administration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Administration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remove SharePoint Newsfeed

Remove SharePoint Newsfeed as an option from the SharePoint Admin Settings page and totally shut down SharePoint Newsfeed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Maintain version history when copying files in Sharepoint

When copying files in Sharepoint (https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Move-or-copy-a-folder-file-or-link-in-a-document-library-00e2f483-4df3-46be-a861-1f5f0c1a87bc) it should retain the version information of the files moved rather than just creating a new version of the file, basically making the latest version, 1.0.

This is a useless feature at the moment as it only serves as another method to copy files between sites and is no different than downloading them and uploading them to another site.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Regarding the displaying of external sites in the page viewer

I would like you to create an option that allows to display external sites embedded in site collection on the page viewer web site.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Exchangeの連絡先として登録済みのアカウントをSPOで招待可能にしたい

Exchange の連絡先に登録済みのアカウントで SharePoint 側で招待を受け、該当アカウントでSharePoint サイトにログインする際に、エラーが発生することを確認いたしました。

Exchange の連絡先に登録済みのアカウントでも SharePoint の招待を受けてサイトにログインする際に、正常にログインできるようにしたいです。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Regarding the versioning within OneNote Online.

I hope that I will be able to set the storage limitation of version history with each version or storage version.
    Additionally, I would like to delete all the version histories with some kinds of tools in Powershell enable to cut them all at once because I currently feel that it is inconvenient if I click the function of "Delete All Versions" through storage metrics for each of the OneNote with which I am using.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Storage Metrics

To fix the issue where Storage Metrics does not show correct storage breakup. It shows completely wrong data when compared to Web analytics page or using a PS script.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Old Microsoft Logo

Update the Microsoft Logo at the bottom of the SharePoint admin center.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Navigation problem using Managed Metadata

While using Managed Metadata, users that aren't not admin CAN see every sites even if they don't have the access. This could be quite a problem when you have many users that are trying to reach their site and when they don't know where to go and if they have access.
    The security is OK, users will be redirected to a page telling them they don't have access to but is there any ways to simply hide these sites where they don't have access like Structural Navigation do.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Regarding the auto created site collection while creating Office365 group

I am aware that site collection is created automatically when I create Office365 group, but I do wish not to have it auto created while making Office 365 group.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Provide an option to turn off SP Designer caching while developing..or remove it entirely as it's pointless.

I've turned off the caching option in SPD settings but I still don't see changes that are made to js/css files unless I add a query parameter to the referenced url. This is a very tedious multistep process because master pages have to be checked out, and then approved all over again.
    Msft tells me "not all caching can be turned off" but can't explain why which is utterly absurd. The caching process seems to be poorly thought out: it seems to cache "some" files to a local machine (at %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WebsiteCache) only when working in SPD which would be the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Let me connect with the same engineer on various problems.

I have talked with several support engineers. Although I have not been dissatisfied with any of them, there is one in particular, Doron Friedlander, who has been exceptionally beneficial for the level of marketing that I am doing. I would like to have the option of reconnecting with him regarding future challenges.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sharepoint online admin: display creation date & date modified

Please display in the SharePoint admin area where SP sites are displayed the date of cvreation and date of ast modified and modified by.
    It makes it easier to see redundant sites

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. For SharePoint Online, we need a way to share the site with external users without requiring a MSFT account

For SharePoint Online, we need a way to share sites with external users without a MSFT account. Some businesses (aka our customers) security policies do not allow their employees to have a 3rd party account, even if it’s associated to their business email.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Need to have the ability to protect individual folders with confidential documentation eg for HR team

At the moment all global admins can access our HR documents that include details of salaries and bonuses etc. There doesn't appear to be a way to prevent this. In our case we have created a separate HR folder in Google Drive which is of course not ideal

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bug: SharePoint Timer Job "job-timer-recycle" without function

The last Sebtember 2016 update for SP 2016 has, unfortunately, still a serious bug in the “SPTimerRecyleJobDefinition”. The job is never executed correctly!

public override void Execute(System.Guid targetInstanceId)
    {
    try
    {
    Process currentProcess = Process.GetCurrentProcess();
    if (System.DateTime.UtcNow.Subtract(currentProcess.StartTime).Minutes < 60)
    {
    ULS.SendTraceTag(7436320u, ULSCat.msoulscatWSSTimer, ULSTraceLevel.Medium, "Skipping timer recycle since the process has been running less than 1 hour.");
    return;
    }
    }….

TimeSpan.Minutes is the Minutes part and can not be greater then 59 (TotalMinutes is correct)! This Job is never executed!!!!
    The next Bug is Utc. The Process.StartTime is local time (Kind=local)

Please remove the term review so that you…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Eliminate the ability to delete/edit required objects

It is currently possible to delete/change objects such as SP Groups and Content Types that SP depends on. When these items are changed, it is very difficult to troubleshoot and fix. MS needs to prevent us from accidentally breaking the software. Examples of this are the new SharePointOrgHome groups in SPO, the Title field for Items, the default Members group for a site etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant

The Outlook team has already made this tool super handy for troubleshooting client-side issues when interfacing with Exchange.

My end users are running the tool themselves and loving it. Why not throw in some basic troubleshooting scenarios for SharePoint?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 利用状況レポートの欠損データ再取得について

10/10 ~ 10/17 まで、SharePoint Online サーバー側の問題で「人気の傾向」のデータが採取できませんでした。社内で様々な用途に使用しているため、データが採取できていない (カウントが 0 となっている) 期間のデータの再取得可否についてサポートに尋ねたところ、再取得はできないとの回答でした。

サーバー起因の問題により採取できなかったわけですし、欠損期間のデータについては後日再取得が可能となるようなバックアップ体制を将来的にぜひ確立いただきたいと思います。

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Delete acocunt of users

We've just realised that we have to reassign or delete tasks of our colleague who had left the company. 5 of them has left the company and each of them had had hundreds ot tasks assigned to them. There was also projectmanager among them that is also an extra to reassign settings manualy. I suggest to develop a new function for global admins to make it easier or rather automatic to delete account of colleagues who leave the company of customer. Actualy depending on the position of leaving colleague this process takes dozens of IT working hrs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base