SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Administration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Administration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. One Drive File Type restrication

To Restrict user from uploading heavy files or some specfic type of files on One drive we need a soulaiton for this we need , because in corporate world having more then 1000 customers online , saving having media files on one drive may have impact on overall network.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. In SP2013 MySite profile page header names are not consistent

In SP2013 MySite profile page when we click on "Documents" it launches documents page but in the left pane it shows as "My Documents" confused by many users because the header name is not consistent. can you please fix this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Drag Columns to Organize them

In Quick Edit, allow me to drag the columns left and right to alter the views for what I want instead of having to go to a horrible view where I have to check and select and click and it's a WASTE OF TIME!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Fix "Critical Errors" noise "Table SPDistributedCacheCalls_Partition has ... exceeded the max bytes"

Please fix this noise: "Table SPDistributedCacheCalls_PartitionXX has XXXXXX bytes that has exceeded the max bytes"

We fix it manually and the problem comes back a few days later. It seems more like a bug in the SP2013 code somewhere.

And it shows up as CRITICAL in the event logs and ULS logs.

Log Name: Application

Source:        Microsoft-SharePoint Products-SharePoint Foundation 

Event ID: 8319
    Task Category: Usage Infrastructure
    Level: Critical
    Description: Table SPDistributedCacheCalls_Partition3 has 461668352 bytes that has exceeded the max bytes 460175067

ULS . . .

OWSTIMER.EXE (0x9574) 0x13C8 SharePoint Foundation Health ki77 High Table SPDistributedCacheCalls_Partition12 has 460226560 bytes that has…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Webparts - put views and Find a File

When adding a webpart to a page, it forces you to have ONE view and you can't change it. What if you wanted ' FULL MENU ' to be really FULL!? You could have the Views and you could have the Find a File in it, just like you were in that webpart without clicking? Maybe Full Menu + or something.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Edit Webpart - forced to go to the top right

When editing a webpart, it is obnoxious that I have to go ALL the WAY to the TOP and WAY over to the right, if I have a large webpart or even another one. It is EASY for users to get confused and not know what has happened or wonder what happened. Please make it so that it shows up to the right with a pop up or something - use javascript or something, like when the sites annoy you with "Give Feedback" or "Talk to agent" and it follows you up or down on the page.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Group By Assigned To

For a View can you make it so that you can Group By the Assigned To (People Picker) for a Task App to allow me to Group by people I choose?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add Multiple Webparts at Once

When creating a page or updating one, you may have multiple webparts that you want to add. You have to click, add, wait, then click, add, wait. Why not click a bunch, with Ctrl-Click or something to select a bunch, maybe a "mulitiple button" and then checkbox and then put them on the page.
    Also allow for several webparts to have the same updates say all 3 I select have Audience of xyz.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Move SharePoint List Item, provide option in item context menu

Please add an option in item's context menu for moving the list item documents between sites/list/libraries

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. NOT LIGHT BLUE WORDING - RE OH&S EYE sight issues

Go back to black on white. The workshop glare and light blue writing fail us. We are squinting at the screens, fiddling with the brilliance and putting cellophane over the monitors.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Create an updated ULS Viewer that filters more like Process Montor

Process Monitor has evolved over the years into a wonderfully easy to use tool. It's a magnificent tool. I especially like how you can right click on almost any result in ProcMon and select EXCLUDE THIS from the menu to filter noise out. ULS viewer, on the other hand, has evolved almost not at all since 2007 and its filters are cludgey. Remove a filter and the whole process crashes. Filtering is too weak.

Also consider some buttons that can start verbose uls logging, verboseEX logging while doing real-time monitoring.

Also add large file support. (Try to read a really…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Repair the way that SharePoint 2016 Anonymous Access. It worked as advertised, all versions, but now you CANNOT select to edit items or list

On-Premise SharePoint 2016 now cannot do Anonymous the way it used to. This is a deal breaker for clients. See for yourself-- You choose to allow anonymous in Authentication Provider for a web application, set up the Anonymous Policy, then go to a site collection and select to allow anonymous to lists and libraries, then go to a library, and you will see that NOW the option to edit or add an item are grayed out- you can ONLY VIEW now, as if it were Office 365. WHY? Why make such a petty change? It's IIS for goodness sakes, it…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. In OneDrive, allow permissions setting be more apparent when sharing with people

I use OneDrive to share and transfer files. Currently, when I add people to share a file with, my only options are for for them 'to view' or 'to edit'. If I want to be allow for them to download the file, I need to add them first, then go to 'shared with', and edit their user permissions through 'advanced'. It literally took my 4 months to figure this out. Even the support team at Microsoft couldn't help me.

I suggest you provide all the different 'permissions level' options available in OneDrive interface.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Give more users the ability to view storage space available and where the content storage quota is being used up.

Right now, site owners can view the pages http://<sharepointsite>/sites/<collection>/ layouts/15/storman.aspx and http://<sharepointsite>/sites/<collection>/ layouts/15/usage.aspx

Please keep these pages available (or continue supporting similarly available functionality), and make them available for either all site users to view, or at least to those who have contribute permissions on the site.

We are running into issues as we have collection quota limits set, but there are few administrators/site owners available to monitor these reports, and very large numbers of staff who contribute content and use the sites.

This would help users better manage limited storage as administrators/site owners would no longer need…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Queue for outgoing (user) Alerts visible on Site Collection level with history ( & re-send option for everything failed to be sent in time)

It would be good if there will an option (on the Site Collection level) to check number of outgoing (user) e-mail notifications waiting to be processed or failed to be sent, with possibility to re-send them again. Something similar to Failed timer job history list with alert title, user name, user e-mail, status & time stamp, for example.

This will be useful for basic monitoring, for troubleshooting, for the feeling that you know what is happening.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Column Default Values Enhancement

When you set column default values and use a choice field, the choices are not displayed. It would make setting this value much easier if the choices showed up in a drop-down like they do in the edit form.

It would also be nice if you could use a single line of text field, and when you created a folder, it would automatically use the folder name as the default value to tag any documents added to the folder.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. SharePoint CUs

Can you please provide list of product change log on each changes or comparison list. It is very hard to find out changes happening in the product.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sharepoint Portal server-collaboration: Feature request-Reviser role-preview items-Readonly mode

Need the possibility to create a user group with access to view pages before publishing, but not allowed to edit them. This is for our intranet site where we have people responsible for content but not the actual publishers of the content (theyare content reviewer/approvers and do not know how to use SharePoint to publish).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow external users in Groups

Please make it possible to let external people join Groups or at least let externals co-work on the Group Documents.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base