SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Administration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Administration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide option to check out in Browser based editing and when editing properties of a document in a library

At the moment when existing documents are opened in the Browser for editing they cannot be checked-out, they have to be checked-out prior to attempting to edit in the browser, this is not intuitive or user friendly. Most users will want to act and then be prompted rather than having to remember the correct sequence of things when attempting to edit in the browser.

Similarly the document properties pane can be displayed in a document library but it does not feature a check-out option so if any of the document properties need to be edited the document again needs to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Implement a feature to check what permissions were granted to a group

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    グループ名を指定して、権限が付与されているサイトやアイテムなどを確認できる機能の提供を希望します。
    Implement a feature to check what permissions were granted to a group

■Description(内容):
    フォルダー毎に固有の権限が設定されており複雑な権限設定がされている場合、担当の管理者が退職後に把握することができなくなってしまうことがあるため、グループ名を指定しサイト、リスト、ライブラリ、フォルダー、アイテムなどこに対して権限が付与されているか一覧で確認できる機能を追加してほしい。
    I hope for a feature will be implemented so that after entering a group name, the permissions that were granted to the sites, lists, libraries, folders, items etc in a group can be viewed in a list. This will help in knowing what items have what kind of permissions set when say, all folders have complicated permissions set by an administrator and that administrator leaves the job.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. "shared with us"

Please make "shared with us" optional and not a mandatory link in left-hand navigation -- we don't use it, and it confuses our users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. chnage the default focus....

when clicking the help ? in sharepoint, the cursor does not default to the field where text is required, this wastes an operation, in that I have to click into the field before typing, make the text field box the default focus for the cursor. this occurs on all 3 tabs in the help dialog.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. SharePoint Online と OneDrive for Bussiness で双方間での同期ができる機能がほしい I want the ability to synchronize between SharePoint Online and OneDrive for

SharePoint Online と OneDrive for Bussiness のクラウド上で双方間でのファイルの同期機能を実装してほしい。

ローカル上での同期ではなく、SharePoint Online で作成・偏執したファイルを OneDrive for Bussiness でも同期が出来るようにしてほしい。
    早期の実現をお願いします。

I want you to implement a file synchronization function between the two on the SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Bussiness clouds.

Instead of synchronizing locally, I want to be able to synchronize files created and paranoid in SharePoint Online with OneDrive for Bussiness.
    I would like an early realization.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add support for RSS Feed Links

I find the limitations on what can be put in a link box very frustrating. Mailto has finally been added but now I am finding that I need to use an RSS Feed link to allow users to subscribe, but I have no way of doing so.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Delete the SPO access automatically when deleting the group from AD

It would be great that the deleted group from AD could be automatically deleted in SharePoint as well. If so, it would make better improvement for efficiency. We currently need to delete SPO access manually when we delete the group in AD.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. We will like to be able to hide the Stream tile while the Stream license is assigned

■Title(件名):
    Stream のライセンスを付与した状態で Stream のタイルを非表示にできるようにしたい
    We will like to be able to hide the Stream tile while the Stream license is assigned

■Description(内容):
    現在、Stream のタイルを非表示にするには Stream のライセンスを剥奪する必要があるが、Stream のライセンスを付与した状態でも Stream のタイルを非表示にできるようにする機能の実装を要望します。
    Currently the Stream license will need to be revoked if we want to hide the Stream tile, thus we hpoe that a feature to hide the Stream tile even when the Stream license is assigned will be implemented.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Troubleshooting functions in SharePoint Online/OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    SharePoint Online / OneDrive for Business で問題発生時のトラブルシューティング機能について
    Troubleshooting functions in SharePoint Online/OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online / OneDrive for Business 上ページの表示中やファイルの移動中などの状況で動きが止まったり、動作が完了しない場合にどういったトラブルシューティングが必要かわからないため、現在の状況や必要なトラブルシューティングがわかるようなコマンドや、機能を要望します。
    At times when pages and files are being viewed and moved, the interface freezes, or the operation won’t complete. At these times, it isn’t clear what troubleshooting steps are appropriate, so please add commands and functions that can help guide the user in these situations.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Request for feature where use of specified apps can be restricted from a mobile device

■Title(件名):
    モバイル端末でアプリを指定して使用制限を適用する機能の要望
    Request for feature where use of specified apps can be restricted from a mobile device

■Description(内容):
    モバイル端末 (スマートフォンや iPhone) で、使用できるアプリと使用できないアプリを選択して、制限する機能の実装を要望いたします。
    I would like to request the addition of functionality whereby changes to which specified apps can and can’t be used can be enacted from a mobile device (a smartphone or iPhone).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Why do you remove the task list from home page web part? Please bring it back to me.

Why do you remove the task list from home page web part? Please bring it back to me.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Items in Recycle bin should be visible for users who deleted the items

As current behavior of Recycle bin, users who can post or edit items are able to see the items that had been deleted by another users.
    I would like you to implement a feature to block another users from viewing the items deleted by others. I believe that making deleted items visible only for the users who actually deleted them would be better to improve information security management.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. follower

In the SharePoint site usage page "_layouts/15/siteanalytics.aspx?view=19" it would be good to have the number of users following the site. This information is not available anywhere but it's very important in a corporate context.
    For an Hub site it would be good to have the number of followers of the Hub and the aggregated number of followers of the sites associated to the hub (nice to have)

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add checkbox to site/URL rename feature to disable the redirect option

When renaming a site URL a redirect site is left in its place. Where we need to reuse the URL we need to use PowerShell to delete the redirect site. It would be ideal to include a 'disable redirect' option in the site URL rename feature to stop the redirect being created. As a SharePoint Admin for a large organisation I'm not also the Global Admin meaning I need to organise for a Global Admin to delete the redirection via PowerShell.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please add a feature to change the site collection template that is automatically created when a team is created

■Title(件名):
    チームを作成した際に自動で作成される サイト コレクションのテンプレートを変更する機能の追加を希望します。
    Please add a feature to change the site collection template that is automatically created when a team is created

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams にてチームを作成した際に自動で作成される サイト コレクションを、コミュニティ サイトやハブサイト等にテンプレート変更できる機能の追加を希望します。​
    We hope that a feature will be added to change the site collection template that is automatically created when a team is created in Microsoft Teams, to community site or hub site etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. link to a web part on the same page

I would like the ability to link to all different web parts not just news web parts. If the page is long it would be great to have some quick links at the top of the page when you could quickly go to different Quick Link Web Parts which expand on that topic

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make it easier to edit multiple views

When editing (i.e. adding visible columns) several (or MANY) views, the process is pretty painful. It would be great to have ONE page where we can set up a view, then something like checkboxes where we can apply those changes to any other (or all other) views that we want to, rather than having to do this one view at a time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Regarding Network Band and Session Count metrics for Microsoft Stream Live Events

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Stream のライブ イベントに要するネットワーク帯域とセッション数の指標について
    Regarding Network Band and Session Count metrics for Microsoft Stream Live Events

■Description(内容):
    スムーズなライブ イベントを実現するためには、ネットワーク帯域やライブ イベントにかかるセッション数を予め確認し、調整していく必要があると考えます。

しかしながら、Microsoft Stream のライブ イベントに要するネットワーク帯域とセッション数に関する情報がなく、どのような基準でサービスを開始すればよいのか判断に困っています。

利用環境に依存する内容とは承知しておりますが、一般的な基準となるサンプル データがあるとサービスの利用にあたり非常に助けになります。
    We think that checking and adjustment of network bands and session counts beforehand is required in order to implement a live event smoothly.

However, there is no information regarding the network bands and session counts required for Microsoft Stream live events, thus it is difficult to determine what the starting criteria will be for the service.

We understand that this content is completely dependent on the environment used, but having…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Want to place a “Calendar” on a Modern UI page as a Web Part

■Title(件名):

モダン UI ページに "予定表" を Web パーツとして配置する機能を追加してほしい。

Want to place a “Calendar” on a Modern UI page as a Web Part

■Description(内容):

モダン UI のページでは、"予定表" を Web パーツとして配置できないため、クラシック UI のように配置できる機能の追加を希望します。
    I would like to have a feature to place a “Calendar” on a Modern UI page as a Web Part, just like I have done with Classic UI.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base