SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Administration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Administration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Right-click and copy link to clipboard from site contents

In the Site Contents list, it is not possible to right-click an object and copy the link into your cache. You always have to click the item to open it (in a new window), then navigate to that window and grab the URL from there. It is inconvenient. Instead it should behave like every other web site that exists and allow you to put the URL in cache from the link itself.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I need a way to print out descriptions with the column header to check for consistency of language & directions across 78 columns

Printing our of column headers with the "descriptions" (the help text I write in). This would allow for checking consistency of instructions and language used.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Request to add the ability to exclude specific users from the permission settings in SharePoint Online

Currently, I have a SharePoint Online site for 45,000 users, and in order to set permissions for such a large volume of users, I have it set to allow access from "Only users in your organization".
    There are certain users who I don't want to give access to, but because there is no blacklist function, if you have it set to "Only users in your organization" I would like to be able to exclude specific users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Provide a way for an admin to make a SharePoint site template available to all sites in the tenant

One of my customers wants to apply a single SharePoint Online site template to all sites and site collections in their tenant. The problem is that the site template is stored so only one site collection can access it. This means that the same template needs to be uploaded and stored each time a new site collection is created.

It would be nice if there was a location where a template could be stored so that EVERY site and site collection could access it. This means that the template would only need to be uploaded once per tenant.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Workflow Error - Approval Emails

Putting more information regarding errors, i.e. the name or email of person who was added to the workflow tasks that cannot be completed due to system error. Recently discovered a glitch in the system with out of office or recently out of office employees. Anyone added to the workflow that needed to send their 'approval', when the task is created for them it is supposed to send them an email. But recently when I did this, several errors occurred for individuals with these tasks and emails were not sent to certain individuals. After some investigating, I found the correlation being…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Override the max entries in a same day within Group Week View

Please allow SharePoint (2013 or latest) to provide an interface to override the max entries in the same day within Group Week View. Without that, group calendar view becomes odd and we are forced to split a group into more than one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add ability to assign an author when posting a News Link

Add ability to assign an author when posting a News Link to a SharePoint site. Today, whomever posts the News Link appears as the default author, which decreases engagement on the site.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. SharePoint modern site pages navigate within the same tab without page refresh

Certain analytics need page to be refreshed every time it is being accessed to understand the count of views. When you have link to certain pages on modern page and if you click on it, it opens up in the same window without refreshing the page. This led to miscalculation of view data. We should give an option to customers who wants to open page in a new window upon clicking on it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Usage Report for all files / documents on a site collection or library

We need usage reports for all files to see which files had been used less.

Afterwards we want to get rid of them on that specific sharepoint site. We need that at a reporting kiosk

Thank you and best regards,
    Patrick

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Usage Reports for files should be extend to 30 and 90 days

We need a report for all files shall be extended to 30 and 90 days. As it is for the whole site collection .

Thank you and best regards,
    Patrick

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow for SPO sites to be extranet sites

Please allow SPO sites to be viewable outside a tenant. A public extranet. We have great engagement with SPO inside our org, we want to open up some of those externally.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Look up filed from a list with over 5000 items

Once I try to add a look up column from a list that has over 5000 items the form show an error message that the content of the field I have created cannot be displayed because the list has reached the 5000 items threshold.
    I think this should be increased on SPO or maybe removed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Content Type Template - Support for .Xlsm

At the moment .xlsm files are unsupported for Content Type Document Templates. Could we please have support to have .xlsm files as custom document template types?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Regarding Follows in Microsoft Stream

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Stream のフォローについて
    Regarding Follows in Microsoft Stream

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Stream にて、フォローしているチャンネルに動画が投稿されると、通知メールが送信される機能の拡充を希望いたします。
    I hope for a feature in Microsoft Stream where notification emails will be sent whenever a channel that I am following uploads new videos.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Regarding limitations on the number of files being uploaded

■Title(件名):
    アップロードできるファイル数の制限について
    Regarding limitations on the number of files being uploaded

■Description(内容):
    ユーザーごとに、SharePoint Online にアップロードできるファイルの数を制限する機能を実装してほしい
    I would like to set limits on how many files they can upload to SharePoint Online for each user.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. About notification mails in SharePoint Online

■Title(件名):
    SharePoint Online の通知メールについて
    About notification mails in SharePoint Online

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online のアイテムの削除がメールにて通知されるよう設定している場合、多量のアイテムを削除した際に該当の通知メールも多量に送られてしまうことを避けるため、アイテムの削除数が一定数を超えた場合に通知メールを停止するような機能の拡充を希望いたします。
    In SharePoint Online, if item deletion notifications are enabled, deletion of a large number of items results in a correspondingly large number of notifications being sent out. To avoid this, I would like to see a function added to stop notifications being sent if more than a certain number of items are deleted in one go.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Sharepoint Active Sites Page Views time frame

When viewing the SharePoint Active Site from the SharePoint admin center, you can add a column of "Page Views" and "Files Viewed or Edited". This information is interesting as it allows us to see which sites are active and which ones are not. This is handy, but I have no idea what time frame those are for. Is it Page Views since the site was created? This metric becomes less useful the older the site gets. If it had one million page views in the first year and 0 after that as the project, product, group, or whatever ended, looking…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Request for improvements to the minor update notifications

■Title(件名):
    マイナー アップデートの通知機能の拡充を希望します。
    Request for improvements to the minor update notifications

■Description(内容):
    メジャー アップデートにつきましては、Microsoft ロードマップやメッセージ センターでアップデート適用前に通知されますが、細かなマイナー アップデートにつきましては、通知されないことを確認しております。
    これでは、ユーザー宛に、突然何かしらの通知が受信された際に混乱を招く可能性がございます。

マイナー アップデートにおいても、事前に通知されることで、ユーザーに対して事前に周知することが可能になり、且つエンド ユーザーから問い合わせがあった場合にも、管理者側で即時対応が可能となります。
    また、Microsoft へ内容を確認する工数を減らすことも可能と考えます。

そのため、マイナー アップデートに関しても通知がなされるよう、Office 365 サービスのアップデート通知機能の拡充を希望いたします。
    There are notifications in the Microsoft Roadmap, and the Message Center regarding major updates, but there are no notifications for minor updates.
    Because of this, there is the possibility that users could be surprised to hear news of such updates suddenly from other sources.

If administrators and users are notified about such things ahead of time, we can more quickly respond to end-users. It will also reduce the amount of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Block OneDrive

1. Restrict access to OneDrive for Business (My Site) with the following command

Connect-SPOService -Url https://<your tenant name>-admin.sharepoint.com
    $personalSites = Get-SPOSite -IncludePersonalSite $true -Limit All | where Template -like 'SPSPERS#*'
    $personalSites | Set-SPOSite -LockState NoAccess

1. Select a file in the document library of the modern site and click [Copy]

2. When you select [Your OneDrive] from the options on the right side of the screen, the message "Sorry, this is taking a little longer than usual." appears and the process does not finish.

Expected result:
    [Your OneDrive] should not be displayed or should time out.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Page Diagnostics Tool

Currently, there is a Page Diagnostics Tool for SharePoint Online only. Modify it so that it works for On-prem pages as well, or create a new version that works with On-Prem

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base