SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Administration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Administration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SharePoint 2016 on-prem Remove 'profiles missing from Import' should not take 30 days

SharePoint 2016 on-prem Configure Synchronization Connections - if deselecting containiners is required than powershell scripts need to be run to purge the users. The Purge only pushes the users to a 'profile missing from import' state/group. The actually removal of these user takes 30 days. Unclear of the necessity of this but even if there was a count of how many users are moved to this state/group would be helpful. This cleanup job runs in the back ground with no update or status of its success.

Thank you,
    Andrea

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User Profile Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Cannot Seach on Newly added user profile fields

I was informed by Microsoft senior engineer that SharePoint Online not able to perform search on newly added user profile field.

eg: Technical Skill : Management

It seems to me that SharePoint Online functions are very limited and not user friendly toward end user.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Profile Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Have a recomended replacement for Organization Profiles

We are faced with finding a replacement for Organization Profiles. We know they are depreciated with start of 2013, and they are in 2016, but all MS contacts we've talked to have said it could get removed at any time. We heavily use Organization Profiles to keep track of the housing communities, their addresses and employees for our company as well as all of our division locations. My MS rep suggested I post here.

Has anybody else migrated their Organization Profiles to a new technology or have any ideas of where to look?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Profile Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Promotes site feature functionality to SharePoint Online

I think Promotes site feature was a simple, nice and useful feature in SharePoint 2013. It gave SharePoint admin capability to list relevant important sites links for specific set of users and it was manageable from SharePoint 2013 Central Admin.
    I’m not sure why this functionality has been removed from SharePoint online. You can still find “Manage Promote sites” under SharePoint Online admin center-->User Profile-->My site setting but once you add some links with relevant target Audiences to the list there is no place for this web part to appear on SharePoint Online. Previously in SharePoint 2013 this web part…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please remove check for "LastKnowParent" property when syncing users

According to: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/spses/2015/03/04/sharepoint-2013-active-directory-import-and-known-behaviors/

If the user object has value for a property “LastKnownParent” and that points to an OU which is not being imported, then that profile will be ignored during import process.

Please remove this check since it seem quit unnecessary. for using a nice word

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Seen by

Under Manager User Properties, there is an option for Only Me or Everyone. It would be great if there was an option to choose another group - say management or supervisors - to be able to view the information the individual enters. This would be useful for us as the user uses a custom section to fill in Emergency Contact info. The manager would want access to this info, but we would not want it to be seen by peers and coworkers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Delve の画面でユーザー プロファイルの編集画面に遷移する文字リンクをクリックした際の動作について

OneDrive for Business へのアクセス権が許可されていない場合、ユーザー プロファイルの編集画面に遷移するための "こちら" もしくは "編集”という文字リンクをクリックしても反応がありません。アクセス権がない場合、それをわかりやすくするために、「アクセス権がありません」などのメッセージが表示されるようにしたい。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Improve properties order

Can you please make it easier to change the order of the properties? Now it is too labourintensive to bring a property from top to a new group at the bottom of the list, because:

1. use of up/down -> drag/drop would be much faster

2. changing order sometimes results in unexpected 'jumps' of a property, mostly back to it's original posision. Quite annoying....

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Sort People Column by Name

If you have a column of "Person or Group" type, you are unable to sort the names in a view alphabetically. When you click on sort and filter at the top of the column in a view, you get the message "This column type cannot be sorted." However, all of the names below this message are displayed in alphabetical order, so it would seem this should be possible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. change datacenter

My online sharepoint is in North America datacenter, I would like to exchange for Brazil to better performance and it was not possible, cool active this possibility. Some form of change?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Concatenation of user profile property mapping

There should be a flexibilty to merge two mapping for single user property. I have a oracle database and i have some value there also i have some details related to user in another Active Directory attribute.

I want to merge these valyue from BDC and AD to create the custom property value. It will really help in such cases.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Redesign interface for selecting the OUs from AD when configuring User Profile Sync

It is currently very tedious to drill down through a complex AD structure to select the desired OU because the performance is very slow. It would be nice if this process was re-engineered to incorporate cached OUs and an improved UI.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Enable the modification of the base User Profile property fields & their types

eg change the department field from a free text to a termset so the employee department is always spelt correctly...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Change Length of a property in the User Profile Service after the creation

Add a Powershell cmdlet to give us the possibility to change the length of a properties in the user profile service after the creation

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base