SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Administration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Administration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Separate OneDrive and Sharepoint permissions

Since OneDrive and Sharepoint share permissions, if we want to let one user share with one external user we have to open up our entire company intranet to all external users. We would like to handle sharepoint and onedrive permissions separately so we are able to manage security in different ways for both.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1) A file in one drive of a person (A) is shared with another person (B), person B can only view the file (is prevented of sharing/printing/

1) A file in one drive of a person (A) is shared with another person (B), person B can only view the file (is prevented of sharing/printing/mailing/copying). This can be useful for company owned documents, they can at each moment be consulted by everyone.
    2) A file in one drive of a person (A) is shared with another person (B), person B can work in the file (just like A) but is prevented of sharing/printing/mailing/copying. This can be useful when e.g. people on the field need to update documents for the management at the office, preventing that this information can…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add an option to the AllowLimitedAccess Conditional Use setting to also apply to managed systems

Currently the AllowLimitedAccess Conditional Use setting blocks the ability to download files from a Site from an unmanaged machine however machines that are domain joined or marked Compliant by Intune can. There are cases were we would like even managed systems to not be able download files but still be able to edit them in Office Online.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Label or name an IP address or range on the Access control screen.

I would like to have the ability to label or name an ip address or address range on the Access control screen. I currently have a ton of different IP addresses permitted to access SPO, yet I have no way of easily seeing what IP address corresponds to what user, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. May I have an apt and a house to stay in please tunnel.gov?

pleasekeepmymailbowsafe.gov/staythereterritorialtruckermovedtodrivewaynowthankyounowcaughtontape.gov/yes

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Disable auto checking "Share everything in this folder, even items with unique permissions"

Please disable auto checking "share everything in this folder, even items with unique permissions" when providing people with access. It's often forgotten to uncheck it and that causes unwanted access to items with unique permissions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Trust Some Domains More Than Others

When a business merger happens we want the businesses collaborating fast and we want to allow all staff to be able to share documents with this new family member, whilst at the same time restricting staff from sharing to other external domains. Some domains are more trust worthy than others. It would be good to allow a more open experience for some domains whilst being more restrictive for others.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Support HSM certificates in SharePoint (for STS)

SharePoint cannot use HSM based certificates for the Security Token Service. Allowing this type of certificates will increase the Security.

SharePoint has to Export the private Key of the used certificates to allow distributing the certificates to all Servers in the farm. This is not possible with HSM certificates.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Filter peoplepicker at Site Collection Level

Usually we have the requierement to isolate SharePoint sites from specific Business Lines. This means no allow the Site Owners to give permissions or Share content with some AD groups.

Currently peoplepicker filter is only possible at Web Application level (ActiveDirectoryCustomFilter), but it means we are forced to create different URL's to have an effective segregation (no peoplepicker search results --> No permissions / share given).

To be able to manage an effective audience segregation without having multiple URL's (Web Applications), it should be great to be able to filter peoplepicker at Site Collection Level

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Not to show the O365 sign-in prompt even when accessing to the private site URL on a mobile device

I strongly suggest you hiding the sign-in prompt to put user credentials when accessing to the private site URL on a mobile device. With the same scenario on PC, no credential prompt will be shown but redirected to the no-access page instead. It would be great if the page only says “access required” and no credential prompt shown because I don’t want people to know what service we are using.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Members modification from SPO Admin Center

Need an option to add members to a O365 Group just as we can currently add administrators. Right now, as an administrator of SPO, I have add myself as an admin to the group, click the URL for the group then add members from the members link. Should be the same way as adding administrators (right blade/side bar).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Type file filter for SharePoint

I need type file filter for SharePoint File Share please guide for me or expand your application. Thank so much

Mr.Korawit

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I need to be able to turn off double sharing

Maybe this is already possible, if so please point me in the right direction.

We're looking into using SharePoint as part of our Office 365 E3 plan. I tested the share functionality today, the idea being we may have specific folders we want to share with clients, that they may be able to view or to edit depending on the needs of the team.

So I tested it:

Folder owner shares to a non-Office 365 email address ("specific people").

The non-Office 365 email address receives the link to the folder, and can log in and access as required, and can't…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. get secondary admninistrator for all users profile

Hi,

It will be great to have a button, or powershell command to get all secondary administrator for all Users profile.

Because as a global admin, I'm able to give myself access by clicking on the "Acces File" button in Office365 User profile.

If I need this access temporarly , great, but how te remove myself from all users profile I checked a day clicking "Access File"?

Regards,

Regis Auda
    regis.auda@itergy.com

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make the default permission level the Accept button in the Access Request email configurable so we can choose to make it Read Only permissio

Make the default permission level that the Accept button in the Access Request email configurable so we can choose to make it grant Read Only permissions if we choose when we click Accept button.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. SharePoint Navigation Publication site - Navigation per rigths

Users can see in the navigation menu only the spaces to which they have access (as happens in group sites)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. admin menu site list display

It would be very helpful if we were able to chose on how may sites are displayed on the list, instead of having to switch pages

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. change SPO tenant sync settings preventing ODFB MACs to scoping policy

SPO tenant client sync setting preventing MAC's from synchronising is currently a boolean on / off for the whole tenant;
    change this to be a scopeable policy based upon user identity

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. security boundary for sharing and security people picker

Similar to some other ideas around restricting the People Picker, I'd like to see the ability to scope the security/share picker.

For example, restricting the ability to share with anyone who does not already have access to the current site collection.

We already use the "restrict sharing to owners" and "restrict sharing to only people already in Azure AD" extensively, but the latter often falls short, as there are often times when Information Barriers or Client Confidentiality require further restrictions on not just who can share what, but who they can see in the share/security people picker.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. manage permissions at list and item level as part of role

Currently, there's a property called "Manage Permissions" at the Site Permissions level, when editing the Permission Levels.

We'd like to see this property applied at the List and Item level as well, so that we can take away the ability to change the permissions on Lists and Items (Documents or list items).

This allows us to restrict all security activity to just the site owners, rather than the creator of an individual document being able to share it with staff outside of who already has access to the current site, site collection or list/document library.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base