SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Administration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Administration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SharePoint compatability

Dear Monali,

Thanks for all you do – I appreciate your always consistent follow-up. This is not a support issue, it’s a marketing and technology issue. Microsoft has got to realize that we do not live in a Microsoft world, we need to send documents in different formats. Like in all things MS will eventually fix it and get it right, at least I hope so. But in the interim this issue continues to frustrate loyal MS customers like myself. I am trying to roll out at least 200K users to MS 365 Exchange and Office 201X and then going…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Integration with Other products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Project Server enterprise resource pool federation friendly and independent of Active Directory

Project Server 2013 Enterprise Resource Pool synchronization people picker requires a local Active Directory connection to look up users and AD groups.
    Please eliminate this reliance on looking up users on a local Active Directory and make the Enterprise Resource pool / management people picker fully claims aware.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg982985.aspx#section_configsynchro

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integration with Other products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Disabled users in AD to reflect in Sharepoint People & Groups (/_layouts/15/people.aspx?MembershipGroupId=0)

Once we disable the user in AD ( Atributes mail nickname and msExchHideFromAddressLists TRUE ) user still shows in Shareppoint and Delve.
    Once we remove the user manually using SharePoint Online Management Shell user disappears from Delve but it still shows up in Sharepoint (/_layouts/15/people.aspx?MembershipGroupId=0)
    Can this be automated. Once we disable the user in AD it also disappears in every part of sharepoint?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. “Outlook” icon shown when sharing

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    共有時に表示される [Outlook] アイコンについて
    “Outlook” icon shown when sharing

■Description(内容):
    アイテム共有時に表示される [Outlook] アイコンをクリックすると、Outlook on the Web が開く動作となっている。
    社内ポリシーにより、Outlook はクライアント アプリケーションを利用する必要があるため、[Outlook] アイコンを非表示にする設定、または、[Outlook] アイコンをクリックするとクライアント アプリケーションが起動する設定を実装してほしい

When you are sharing an item and click the “Outlook” icon, it will open Outlook on the Web.
    Our internal policies mean that users have to use the Outlook client application, so please make it possible to set the “Outlook” icon to open the client.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. share unsecure web site via embed - our bureau of meteorology is unsecure and we reside in a cyclone area

share unsecure web site via embed - our bureau of meteorology is unsecure and we reside in a cyclone area

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Adding a shared SharePoint contact list to Outlook in new experiences

Adding a shared SharePoint contact list to Outlook in new experiences. This exists in the classic experinece and is being removed on 26th November 2020. See this post https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/adding-a-shared-sharepoint-contact-list-to-outlook/159428d9-7917-44bf-9598-b5e8eec3b42f

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow multiple column choices within a library for a smoother Teams experience

Scenario: Creating a team in Teams app where files are stored in various channels, i.e. in a SharePoint library. In addition a form in Forms is created and linked to this same Team. This form has mandatory fields. When creating this Form, new columns representing the mandatory fields are added to the document library and thus also become mandatory for the other existing files in the various channels (library). Hence, it would be useful to be able to have different columns (mandatory or not) for different channels in the Team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. How to increase the number of objects in SmartArt PowerPoin if the need for the number of objects more than one thousand five hundred or mor

How to increase the number of objects in SmartArt PowerPoin if the need for the number of objects more than one thousand five hundred or more objects and thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Integration with Other products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. MS Word Form & Content Controls

MS Word Form & Content Controls

In essence the matter lies in Word Form data rendering in the SPO Browser Mode vs. Edit in Word. We block Edit in Word as the users need to collaborate, but are barred from download. Users are required to Edit in Browser.

I have tried various workarounds, including attempts at modifying Word Options and adjusting SPO settings - all fruitless. What is going here and is there any resolution? I am even game for finding a script to automate an "open, save, and close" process in the background. Having an admin manually open each…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. How to display a pop-up on runtime for SSRS 2016 reports (Paginated) integrated with SharePoint 2016

Hi All,

I have a requirement wherein "pop up should display for the SSRS report which takes more than 2 minutes to run". We have SSRS 2016 environment in SharePoint 2016 Integrated mode.

We need to display a message in the pop-up that " This report is taking more than 2 minutes to run so you will get the report on your email once it is completed" with "OK" button, once user clicks OK, page should get closed and user will get the report on his/her email after the completion. This is only applicable for all the reports which are…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Embed Hoopla TV on SharePoint site

It would be great if we could embed our Hoopla TV channel on our main SharePoint site. I am unsure why we are not able to do this; we are able to embed it in our Teams channels. Is this something that is forthcoming?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. visio

On classic page, I can insert a Visio drawing (and later update it). I would like the same utility for modern pages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Embed Kontiki in Sharepoint

Hi,

I am tying to embed a Kontiki video to a sharepoint page and all I've got is this error (Embedding content from this website isn't allowed, but your admin can change this setting. They will need to add 'nestle.mc.kontiki.com' to the list of sites that are allowed.). With full control access I tried to add the site on the allowed list and I still can't find this feature because it's not available in my settings. Does anybody know how to solve this issue?

Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Excel Services Trusted Locations

In older versions of SharePoint you could add trusted locations for excel services - allowing the excel files with links to external data to update in the background without presenting warnings to users.

Bring back this feature or make it so that the site it's self is a trusted location automatically, so if I have a list and I pull data from that list into an excel file which is also on the site site and then display a chart also on the same site - I can have this auto updating without giving users warnings about external data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Post the Swagger definitions of the User Profiles and Web APIs on a CDN

I'm not sure if tenant-specific information would be included in a Swagger definition, but it seems there should be publicly-available Swagger definitions (in JSON and YAML) of the User Profiles and Web APIs so they can be more easily tapped into. If there are lines that need to be configured for specific tenants, provide instructions on how to do so.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. PowerPivot for SharePoint 2016 Bug - Snapshots only generate for localhost

I found a bug with PowerPivot for SharePoint 2016 and wanted to make sure it was brought to the team's attention. In short, I found that there's a hard dependency on "localhost" by the Excel Services REST API in SharePoint 2016. This means that workbook thumbnails will not generate in anything other than the first web app (if configured a specific way). I posted a blog with the details here: http://info.summit7systems.com/blog/bug-report-powerpivot-for-sharepoint-2016-thumbnails-not-generating. Support case 117021415318755 was created, so hopefully the bug report was submitted through it.

Thanks, team!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Integration with Other products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. O sharepoint mais integrado ao onedrive e com mais funcionalidades do office em uma maquina.

O Sharepoint se mostrou uma ótima saída para meus negócios, e achei bastante repetitivo e redundante com relação ao OneDrive, causando uma certa confusão. Acredito que os dois se complementam mas com possibilidades de existir apenas um. Acredito que o Sharepoint possa fazer tudo o que faz mais as funcionalidades do OneDrive, se complementando onde automaticamente toda a biblioteca do OneDrive estivesse no SharePoint e o mesmo do SharePoint no OneDrive. Gostaria que o SharePoint fosse capaz de funcionar com todas as ferramentas do office, como por exemplo mala direta. Senti falta de muita coisa que so tenho acesso em…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. MyMailbox feature

In SP site owners can activate the site feature MyMailbox. This create an Exchange mailbox within the site with the email address SMO-<SiteName>@tenantname.onmicrosoft.com. If our Exchange Admins turn of the permission to create a InMailbox in exchange the site owner can still activate the feature, see the mailbox created but upon accessing receive an 403 error. it would be much cooler if the actîvation of the feature is geyed out in someone their SP site.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base