SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Administration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Administration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

I suggest you ....

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add "People with Existing Access" to the Default Link Types under SharePoint Admin Center's sharing options.

Add "People with Existing Access" to the Default Link Types under SharePoint Admin Center's sharing options.

410 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

70 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. OneDrive Shareable Links Password protection enforcement for admins

At present as an admin, you can enforce features like expiry date, etc when sharing links via OneDrive. I'd like the option to enforce the password option for our users

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Office 365 SharePoint Tenant Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The 5000 threshold should not apply when saving a list as a template without content!

We are unable to save a document library as a template without content and are getting the 5000 threshold error message. Although the library has 37 000 items this should be absolutely irrelevant when saving a list/library as a template! Surely the list definition (including columns, views, etc.) have nothing to do with how many items are in the list! There are similar occasions when we run into the 5000 list error when it should be irrelevant - as the 5000 limit is a hard wall your customers run into I suggest Microsoft develop a way to log errors to…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Office 365 SharePoint Tenant Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. SPO Information Management Policy does not support custom fields

We noticed that the SPO Information Management Policy is not taking effect on the custom fields created for list. It seems that it only supports the pre-defined fields, which are not the ones that we want. We followed the steps in “Create a policy for a list, library or folder (location-based retention policy)” in https://support.office.com/en-us/article/create-and-apply-information-management-policies-eb501fe9-2ef6-4150-945a-65a6451ee9e9 and it is not showing our desired results. Please consider supporting the custom fields.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Feature for disabling download in all Non-Microsoft Office files such as PDF, jpg, etc

When giving View Only permission from an External User, I would like to have a feature that would prevent external users from downloading files such as PDF, jpg, etc.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Office 365 SharePoint Tenant Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Content Type Template - Support for .Xlsm

At the moment .xlsm files are unsupported for Content Type Document Templates. Could we please have support to have .xlsm files as custom document template types?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. A common URL for the Admin Center, e.g. https://admin.sharepoint.com

The SharePoint Online Admin Center is located at https://[tenant]-admin.sharepoint.com. This URL is unique for every tenant and makes documenting and communicating the URL difficult to do when you don't know the specific tenant.

Instead, a URL such as https://admin.sharepoint.com that either loads the Admin Center or redirects to the correct Admin Center for the tenant (with the appropriate sign-in when required) would solve this problem and make accessing the admin center easy and straight forward.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Access control at the site-level by using IP address etc

I would like you to enable to control access at the site-level by using IP address etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add API to Create Tenant Wide App Catalog

There are currently no APIs to create App Catalogs at the Tenant level, just at the Site Collection level. It would be extremely useful to be able to create tenant scopes App Catalogs.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SharePoint PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add the ability to use PowerApps for SharePoint Forms Only

Would like the ability to allow users to leverage PowerApps for SharePoint Forms only and not have the ability to create apps, environments, etc.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integration with Other products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sync the profile information of inactive users

User profile information cannot be updated if the user is determined as an inactive user in Site Collection when updating the profile information in SharePoint Online.

It is possible to set inactive user information as an active user with cmdlet in SharePoint Server, but there is no such feature in SPO.

If you want to set an inactive user as an active user, you have to add a permission individually in SPO and there is no way to do so with Windows PowerShell cmdlet. As a result, you don’t have efficient management.

So, I would like to efficiently manage the…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Profile Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Change default Site Members Edit rights back to Contribute

There is a fundamental flaw in the permissions model in modern SharePoint team sites and Microsoft Teams. Site Members have been given Edit rights which allows them to delete or edit apps on the site. That is the role of the Site Owner. The Site Members must be given Contribute rights, (like it was in SharePoint 2010).

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Disable Allow members to share the site and individual files and folders in the Access Requests Settings by default for SharePoint Online si

I would like you to add a feature to disable Allow members to share the site and individual files and folders in the Access Requests Settings in SPO. This option is currently enabled by default, so it would be great if the option is disabled by default when creating a site. And I would like you to implement a feature to restrict sharing sites by tenant-level.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Give me a feature displaying warning messages while moving folders in SharePoint Online

(English follows Japanese)

* Title: SharePoint Online のフォルダー移動時の警告ダイアログ表示
    * Description:
    SharePoint Online でフォルダーをドラッグ アンド ドロップで他のフォルダー内に移動する際「このフォルダーを移動してもよろしいですか」などの警告メッセージを表示する機能の実装を要望します。

I want to have a feature to display a warning message, such as "Do you want to move this folder?" while moving a folder into another folder by drag and drop.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow a company to change the no-reply@sharepointonline.com to something similar to no-reply@<companyname>.com.

Allow a company to change the no-reply@sharepointonline.com to something similar to no-reply@<companyname>.com. This allows for a more specific whitelisting/trusting and prevent legitimate SharePoint share requests from being quarantined. Currently the only option is to create a transport rule to bypass spam filtering for all no-reply@sharepointonline.com (according to Microsoft ticket).

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Office 365 SharePoint Tenant Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. How can I Oh Canada

I like Canada very much; how can I see her every day; message me soon okay; merry me today; if late; i die; cam on

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Database  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Fix "Retention" in Sharepoint and OneDrive

Retention _should_ be an invisible experience for end users (see mail, Teams etc) however for OneDrive and SharePoint users that's not the case.
    1: Users cannot delete items!
    2: Since the forced implementation of "Version History" in O365 the retention (compliance) feature has become unusable. End users storage limits are rapidly hit and again they cannot remove items.

Please, make retention work the way it should, invisible to the end user and not usability compromising.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Auditing & Compliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Control access to sharepoint via Country blocking.

Would be nice to go in and allow or deny access to sharepoint via Country selection. I know Geo 2 IP locations are not 100% accurate. But If your a US based company, there is no need for any IP's registered to China or any other country to access your sharepoint/onedrive data.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow CSP Delegated Admins to Manage Modern Sites

As a CSP, receiving delegated admin access from a customer does not allow you to access modern site collections (Communication sites, modern Team Sites).

Delegated admin allows you to access the SharePoint admin centers for both classic and modern sites. In classic, if a site collection has Company Administrator as a site collection admin, a CSP user with delegated admin has rights to the site collection.

In the new SharePoint Admin Center, Company Administrator cannot be added as a site collection admin for modern sites, nor can anyone add my account as a site collection admin because my account is…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Office 365 SharePoint Tenant Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Labels to appear in Metadata Columns in SharePoint

Sensitivity Labels, Sensitivity Types and Retention Labels should be able to appear in Metadata Columns in SharePoint especially since Sensitivity Labels causes documents to be non-searchable

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SharePoint Upgrade  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 67 68
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base