SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Administration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Administration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. access denied calling change site collections administrator

As a farm admin I receive an acces denied error when I select a site collection in Central Admin UI. I am using a SharePoint 2019 farm with lastest updates.

Please change the behavior in central admin or change the documentation at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/sites/change-site-collection-administrators.

The documentation was exact for 2016 but in 2019, at least my version, being a farm admin does not override the site permission.

At least, it works with PowerShell which leads me think that it is a GUI implementation error.

Regards,
    Jean Marie

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  on-premise Central Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. SharePoint modern site page not listing Announcement list apps in list preview while adding new list webpart.

SharePoint modern site page not listing Announcement list apps in list preview while adding new list webpart. Please share your thought, if anyone gets some workaround.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  on-premise Central Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Emailing SharePoint Stats From "Reports" Section (Subscription

Set up an email subscription to email a given user the SharePoint statistics from the Reports area in the Admin Center. It would be good to give clients this ability, as most IT staff report statistics to their company. (Client Requested)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. SharePoint DMS component, have it create a contact that also populates LegacyExchangeDN attribute

When incoming email is enabled and DMS is enabled and a list is then turned on to receive incoming mail; an AD contact is created and when using newer version of Exchange, DMS should add some data regarding the contact in the legacyExchangeDN attribute. This will help users using their offline address book without having to have the Exchange Admins run scripts to populate this data to find this newly created list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. on prem hub

Please bring hub sites to SharePoint server on prem 2019

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  on-premise Central Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Error occurring on edit SharePoint audience

In SharePoint 2016 On-Premises when we edit/view the Audience membership, it throws the error of “No User Profile Application available to service the request. Contact your farm administrator”).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. تنظیمات دستگاه خودکار

در صورت آمادگی و ورود بطور خودکار تنظیم و وصل شود

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fuck ms and sharepoint

Easy way to delete everything is sharepoint and completely disable it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add Support for PowerPivot and SSRS Integrated to SharePoint 2019

I'm trying to make the argument to migrate to SharePoint 2019 within my company. The company consists of over 50,000 internal employees and 25,000+ external users. Both PowerPivot and SSRS Integrated aren't being supported in a SharePoint 2019/SQL 2016 architecture. However, both are still supported in a SharePoint 2016/SQL 2016 architecture. Microsoft has already announced that SQL 2016 will be the last version to support both features. Microsoft, how about you also include support for both features as long as we use SQL 2016. :)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Disable access apps 2013 on prem just like Online

Give users the ability to disable site owners from creating new Access apps in SharePoint 2013. Don't kill existing ones running but prevent users from creating new ones

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Provide us with a "Add current user" to primary/secondary site collection administrator upon creation

Most of the time when I create a site collection I add my current account to the primary site collection admin. Would be usefull to have a "Add current user" to save me from typing my user name. Somehing similar to SQL server setup.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When invited to external users by mistake, before the user access to the site, I want to invite to cancel the function.

When invited to external users by mistake, before the user access to the site, I want to invite to cancel the function.
    It is approved that, regardless of the external users on the site, so that users can confirm the information immediately.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Control Database permissions from Central admin

As of current scenario, we have to login on SQL server via SSMS to fix the permissions for the additional services accounts. There are companies who use the different proxy accounts to use different services including SharePoint & 3rd party. There are couple of times when permissions get dropped or missing on content db casue major issue. If we get an option via central admin to fix permission on db will make our life easier. As our admin account already has DB creator and Security admin fix role on sql side.

I am thinking, if we have another option along…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Provide ability to change (at the farm or web app level) the "From" for any type of sharing email (i.e. providing or requesting access)

Currently, SharePoint Server 2016 sends the email on behalf of the user. This is "spoofing" and is blocked by our network. No sharing-type emails are being received by anyone in the company. If we had the option in Central Admin to switch it back to the generic SharePoint address (the one used by Alerts, for example), this would fix the issue.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. upon employee termination the manager should NOT have access to the OneDrive account

If the My Site Cleanup is enabled and a manager is specified for the employee in AD, when that employee is terminated the manager is given access as a Secondary Owner. This allows the manager to view/edit/delete information located in the employee OneDrive account. This can be very dangerous in a couple of ways. First - Confidential or private HIPPA information might be stored in the One Drive account. Second - If there is a legal situation concerning the terminated employee, the manager has the ability to change or delete documents that should be archived unchanged - not knowing if…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. this shouldn't take long

Please change the snarky canned message that popups during certain CA processes from:

"This shouldn't take long..."

to

"This really shouldn't be taking this long!!!"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Can we have OOB maintenance information enabled?

Every month we have prod deployment to our sharepoint on premises environment and it require downtime of minimum 5 hrs(not because of sharepoint due to some other integration with Microsoft product).
    And this downtime will be always surprise for end customer who are accessing the site(we can do some customization to handle to inform the end user upfront by showing message in the page), and this will be common scenario for all admin/dev team. Here I am suggesting sharepoint team to have one OOB feature which will help us to show the proposed down time for the end user by…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  on-premise Central Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Enable digital signature to SharePoint outgoing emails.

My idea is to enable digital signature on SharePoint Out Of The Box outgoing emails such as alerts, tasks, etc. for on-premise SharePoint. This is important for corporates because of the number of phishing emails sent to the corporate users. Digitally signing the emails sent to Corporate users by SharePoint increases the security, authenticity and reliability of the out going email. I suggest to have this functionality and an option in SharePoint Central Administration.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base