SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Administration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Administration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Rename service application databases in SharePoint Server 2019

The method from this documentation : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/administration/move-or-rename-service-application-databases#steps-to-move-or-rename-the-search-service-application-databases
    are not working for SharePoint Server 2019. Instead you should use this methid :
    1. Restore Search Service Application from Search Admin DB
    2. Suspend the Search Service
    3.Associate the Search Administration Database
    4.Associate the Search Analytics Reporting Database
    5.Associate the Search Crawl Store Database
    6.Associate the Search Links Store Database
    7.Suspend the Search Service
    Use this PS Script :
    <########################################################################################################
    This script intend to change the SharePoint 2019 Search Service Application Databases names
    Description : The formal process from older sharepoint versions not applicable for SharePoint 2019,
    Use this script to rename…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Database  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. How can I Oh Canada

I like Canada very much; how can I see her every day; message me soon okay; merry me today; if late; i die; cam on

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Database  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. More diversion in Site Usage

It would be great to see who is watching with what in SharePoint Site Usage. Desktop, tablet or smartphone f.i.

Browser and OS would also be nice!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Build OLAP database for Project Server 2016 very long time

Hi,

Our Project Server 2016 (on-premise), take a long time to build OLAP (about 7.5 hrs). Currently, data row on table [pjrep].[MSP_EpmAssignmentByDay] about 2,000,000. I found big problem with view [pjrep].[MSP_EpmAssignmentByDay_OlapView_00007829-4392-48B3-B533-5A5A4797E3C9]
    It's use table value function (TVF) to filter SiteId: [pjrep.MSP_TVF_EpmAssignmentByDay('487EED98-D954-4F64-9DAC-3A8821787318')

I'm read in https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/psssql/2010/10/28/query-performance-and-multi-statement-table-valued-functions/
    "But if you use multi-statement TVF, it’s treated as just like another table. Because there is no statistics available, SQL Server has to make some assumptions and in general provide low estimate. If your TVF returns only a few rows, it will be fine. But if you intend to populate the TVF with thousands of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Use SQL as a service for Sharepoint 2016

Please consider supporting the use of SQL as a service to support SharePoint 2016. This would greatly facilitate the rollout of SharePoint in Azure.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When the option “Start this workflow to approve publishing a major version of an item” being applied, “Modified by” column displays “System

*English follows Japanese

アイテムのメジャー バージョンの発行を承認するためのワークフローを開始すると、更新者が [システム アカウント] と表示される
    ユーザーがドキュメント ライブラリにアップロードされたアイテムに対し [チェックイン] 作業を行い、メジャー バージョンを発行すると、ドキュメント ライブラリの [更新者] 列に [システム アカウント] と表示され、最終更新者が表示されないため、最終更新者の確認ができない。
    そのため、[更新者] 列に実際ライブラリのファイルを更新した最終更新者が表示されるようにしてほしい
    ---------------------------------------------------
    When the option “Start this workflow to approve publishing a major version of an item” being applied, “Modified by” column displays “System Account”.
    When a user performs a check-in operation on the item which has been uploaded to the Document Library and then publishes a major version, the “Modified by” column in the document library displays “System Account”. So the “Last Modified By” cannot be displayed nor be confirmed.
    Please let the “Modified by” column can display the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to do multiple check in and check outs

I believe this was a functionality that was removed from the modern UI, but it would be very helpful to have an option to do multiple check in and checks outs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Update User information list with deleted user from Office 365

When user is deleted, even after all the sync is completed for all the services, user still present in User information list which is by designed behavior as of now, there are scripts available for removing user in bulk from user information list but that is only for SharePoint server.

Out of the box we can remove the user from user information list however 1 site at a time, we need to do that for multiple site collections at same time.

We should have such option available that should do this for us

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Delated groups still appear in the Report

The Office 365 groups which had been deleted still appear in the report and it cannot be hidden.
    Please improve this feature.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The way to disable preview function when opening PDF file.

On Modern UI, when clicking PDF file in Library, it will be displayed preview function in the same tab by default.
    I want to add a feature which can enable or disable the preview function.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make sure the URL cannot be accessed too, if the feature is disabled.

On SharePoint, after I disable the feature, the title can be hidden, but the URL can still be accessed.
    For example, after I disabled Delve and Office Graph, even the Delve title is hidden, but URL can still be accessed.
    Please make sure that if the feature is disabled, the URL cannot be used too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please let all tenants can confirm all contents of the message center

Only the related tenant can confirm the contents of the message center, and as partners, they cannot confirm the related information by using their own tenants.
    It is really inconvenient, please make all tenants can confirm all contents of the message center.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. the error “Someone else has this workbook locked”

When editing in Excel Online, the error “Someone else has this workbook locked” occurs sometimes.
    It might be locked on the server side, due to internet communication speed, unexpected PC shutdown or browser working stopped.
    When editing in Excel, the error “Upload failed. The server version of this file was updated by another author.” occurs sometimes.
    The file could not be closed properly for unexpected reasons and be locked on the server side.
    I really need you to improve this function that either make files cannot be locked or tell me the way how to unlock the files from the…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Database  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Timer jobs need to handle all necessary SQL maintenance

SharePoint Timer jobs need to check the databases for several types of problems (index fragmentation, slow I/O to SAN, etc), do a better job of reporting it to the sharepoint administrators (add a Database and SQL health page?), and either perform all the necessary SQL maintenance needed (like updating statistics, rebuilding indexes, dbcc checkdb, etc.) as needed or allow the SharePoint administrator to know what is needed (dashboard) and schedule that maintenance. Also the dashboard/page needs to be more transparent about showing which jobs failed. Add to health analyzer? Also check response times of reads and writes on the tempdb…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The way to extract inactive users

It would be really helpful if there’s a function that I can extract the user who has not access to the site or even not log in to SharePoint for a long time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Test-SPContentDatabase ADD -DatabaseServer "<DbServer>"

When migrating from SharePoint 2010 to 2013 we split our farm configuration databases on one sql cluster and our content databases to a separate cluster.

The problem is when we Test-SPContentDatabase there is no way to specify the cluster where we moved the content databases to. The Test-SPContentDatabase command goes to the default Configuration Database Server as seen in CA.

Can you add the optional switch -DatabaseServer "<DbServer>" to Test-SPContentDatabase that is found in Mount-SPContentDatabase? This would also allow us to test content database potentially before even moving them to the 2013 clusters.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. OneNote - shredded storage exclusion

OneNote is edited a lot by end users. When it is stored in Sharepoint 2013, the shredded storage mechanism tends to store it in different blocks. When one has to download OneNote from SharePoint it takes a long time. So two things we can do here:
    1> exclude One Note from Shredded Storage.
    2>Provide a toll to consolidate OneNote blocks on a regular basis to avoid the performance issue

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Access web apps

Keep access web apps

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow multi-valued columns to be indexed in lists

At the moment you can put column indexes on a number of column types in a list. However, multi-valued choice, lookup and managed metadata columns are not support.

Please provide index support for these multi-valued columns.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Provide ability to use dates prior to 1900

Library and Archives Canada preserve Canada's document heritage and needs to track dates prior to 1900. Date field format cannot be used for dates prior to 1900.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base