SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Administration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Administration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to assign different default group views to user groups

Create the ability to assign a different default group view (how documents are grouped and sorted as default on site(s)) to different user groups vs. 1 default view for the entire organization.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User Profile Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Profile Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make the Apply button work on Sharepoint for removing adding fields in the Charts, Admin page.

Make the Apply button work on Sharepoint for removing adding fields in the Charts, Admin page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Sync the profile information of inactive users

User profile information cannot be updated if the user is determined as an inactive user in Site Collection when updating the profile information in SharePoint Online.

It is possible to set inactive user information as an active user with cmdlet in SharePoint Server, but there is no such feature in SPO.

If you want to set an inactive user as an active user, you have to add a permission individually in SPO and there is no way to do so with Windows PowerShell cmdlet. As a result, you don’t have efficient management.

So, I would like to efficiently manage the…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. UPN change wont update document properties of your files

Whenever the UPN of a user changes (e.g. domain consolidation, acquiring another company or simply due to marriage) the document properties (e.g. author or editor) of all your files on SharePoint or OneDrive wont update automatically.

This leads to issues when user search for their files as they are not found under the new UPN
    Also if you use webparts which are based on these properties (e.g. show my last modified files) they wont come up with correct results.

Please vote so that the Product Group consider to fix this situation!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Create user profiles in SPO for shared mailboxes (EDU tenants)

Our university is an EDU tenant of Microsoft, and we have a lot of shared mailboxes (as unlicensed users, sync'd from AD > AAD > SPO).
    From time to time, SharePoint site admins wants to use such mailboxes to be the central contact point for enquiries etc, and the best way to do it is to put it up as the "page author".

However, because it is an EDU tenant, unlicensed users do not get user profiles created in User Profile application (UPA), and show up as "external users" when they are entered, or email address is entered in people…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. fix or povide initial option

Please provide an option to set the order of initials in SharePoint so that it can use FML or LMF. '
    Thank youy

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Let all users change their own profile information

Let all users change their own profile information

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. LET USERS ENTER/EDIT their profile information, specifically their email. We DO NOT use exchange or AD. The admin has to go into each user p

LET USERS ENTER/EDIT their profile information, specifically their email. We DO NOT use exchange or AD, so only admin can update that field, and they have to in the Sharepoint Admin Portal. It used to be a function but it was removed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Change Edit My Profile link title

SharePoint Online User Profile managment still uses "Edit My Profile", this is not applicable most of the time. Please change to Edit profile to remove the confusion when editing someone else's user profile.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Delve configuration in modern administrative site

Will the Delve administration (turning on/off) be ported to the new Modern SharePoint Admin under the same general settings ? or will it have it's own People related feature ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Powershell Command to Repair Groups in upa.MemberGroup Table

We ran into an issue where workflows and audience memberships were failing for users that were part of nested AD groups. The workaround solution given by Support was not a viable solution and would have been very cumbersome to maintain. Understanding the huge risk in editing the SP database, I deleted one AD group, ran a full synch (we are on SP2016, on prem, using AD Import, not FIMS\MIMS) and the problem was resolved for the members of the deleted group. I then did this for multiple other groups that were having this issue and all of the symptoms were…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. unmark my sites which are scheduled for deletion once it is marked by Timer jobs or PowerShell

1. You are temporarily disabling the users in AD. After few days you will make the accounts active again. But even though accounts become active in SharePoint their mysites are marked for deletion - suggest to change the whole logic, it should unmark for deletion.

2. Even if the user doesn't have a mysite created an email is being sent to his manager with URL of his user info page - suggest to remove the link if user doesn't have any my site created before.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Mail notification for passwords about to expire

Actually there is no way to get notified when your password is about to expire, except if you're using the web portal.
    But Office 365 gives HUGE opportunity to have an Office 2016 suite, so nobody uses the web portal because they already have Outlook.
    So don't know why it's impossible to receive the notification through also an email.
    The notification for the password already exists as a web notification on the portal, so it should be easier to add an option on this feature like "Also send an email to users".
    Then if the option is checked in the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. SharePoint 2016 on-prem Remove 'profiles missing from Import' should not take 30 days

SharePoint 2016 on-prem Configure Synchronization Connections - if deselecting containiners is required than powershell scripts need to be run to purge the users. The Purge only pushes the users to a 'profile missing from import' state/group. The actually removal of these user takes 30 days. Unclear of the necessity of this but even if there was a count of how many users are moved to this state/group would be helpful. This cleanup job runs in the back ground with no update or status of its success.

Thank you,
    Andrea

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Cannot Seach on Newly added user profile fields

I was informed by Microsoft senior engineer that SharePoint Online not able to perform search on newly added user profile field.

eg: Technical Skill : Management

It seems to me that SharePoint Online functions are very limited and not user friendly toward end user.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Have a recomended replacement for Organization Profiles

We are faced with finding a replacement for Organization Profiles. We know they are depreciated with start of 2013, and they are in 2016, but all MS contacts we've talked to have said it could get removed at any time. We heavily use Organization Profiles to keep track of the housing communities, their addresses and employees for our company as well as all of our division locations. My MS rep suggested I post here.

Has anybody else migrated their Organization Profiles to a new technology or have any ideas of where to look?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Profile Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. expand the cmdlet feature enabling me to get accessed the user profiles on SharePoint admin center.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):SharePoint 管理センターのユーザー プロファイルにアプローチが可能なコマンドレットの機能拡充希望

Wishing to implement the feature of cmdlet to access to the user profiles on SharePoint admin center.

■Description_JP (内容):既定のコマンドレットでは SharePoint 管理センターのユーザー プロファイルを変更することが出来ない。ユーザー数が多く GUI 上での変更を行う際に多くの工数がかかるため、既定機能でのユーザー プロファイルの編集が可能なコマンドレットの実装を希望します。 

I am currently unable to change the user profiles on SharePoint admin center even if I use the default cmdlet. To decrease the workloads in case a number of users change their profiles on GUI, I hope the cmdlet to be implemented that could enable me to edit user profiles along with a default feature.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Managing User Profile Properties with Delve

Managing User Profile Properties: be able to show on the Delve welcome page what we want to show from user properties! It's urgent to be able to do that!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Profile Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base