SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Administration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Administration experience.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Banned network location

In SharePoint admin center, you can configure allowed IP address list in the network location setting. how can we specify banned IP range?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Don't show user PowerPoint display as "Teams Meeting Anonymous Participant" in logs for private meeting

After a security event at a sister company, we began looking at our own security posture in more detail. One thing that stood out in Cloud App Security logs was PowerPoint file downloads from our COO's OneDrive. The Cloud App Security entries showed the user as n/a but the json details showed it as "Teams Meeting Anonymous Participant". This meeting was internal employees only. The PowerPoint had sensitive information. We were concerned we had a security issue.

With MS' help, back-end logs showed that the COO was the user that had downloaded from his own OneDrive. He was presenting the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Auditing & Compliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Protecting sensitive information in the time taken for a DLP policy to detect it

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    DLP ポリシーが機密情報を検出するまでの間の保護機能
    Protecting sensitive information in the time taken for a DLP policy to detect it

■Description(内容):
    現在の動作として、DLP ポリシーを設定しても、機密情報を検出するまでの数分間は、ファイルがサイトのメンバーから閲覧可能な状態となる。
    この空白期間に機密情報を保護できるような機能の拡充を希望します。

Under the current behavior, even if a DLP policy is set up, in the few minutes it takes to detect sensitive information, it is possible for site members to view those files.
    Please expand on this functionality so that sensitive information is protected during this period, too.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allowing the rest of the characters not allowed in file names

I couldn't find to see if this was already mentioned, but it would be nice to use the other characters in file names that are on Microsoft's invalid character list. Other cloud storage platforms allow them and I feel like it hinders the ability to save files onto OneDrive. Especially if you have thousands of files that get flagged due to the invalid character.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Block specific users from browsing SharePoint Online

I need an ability to block specific users from browsing SharePoint Online via web browser.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The SharePoint Admin portal should tell me which compliance polices are applied to a site collection

We have a number of compliance retention policies created. The SharePoint Admin portal should tell me which policy is being applied to a site collection

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Auditing & Compliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Obtain a site list of which specific user has an access to

I need an admin ability to obtain a list of sites of which specific user has an access to.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Links in document libraries should work as a link if clicked from a search.

Within a SharePoint document library, it is possible to add a link to another URL, (document or web page). When this item is returned in a search result the link SHOULD open the document or page the link points to, instead it opens a blank page, (the "contents" of the link). I am not sure if this is by design or a bug, but the action should be chnaged. As an alternative, such links should not be included in search results.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Teams Created Sites - Auto Assign Site Collection Administrators

The idea is for any site created through Teams/M365 Group provisioning to have a site collection administrator assigned (other than the M365 group owners).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Change Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Sign-in logs for Azure AD

■Title(件名):
    Azure AD のサインインログについて
    Sign-in logs for Azure AD

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online のライセンスのみ付与しているユーザーの場合、Azure AD のアクセスログで Office365 Shell WCSS-Client へのログイン試行等で失敗のアクセスログが出力される。
    SharePoint Online のライセンスのみ付与しているユーザーで、上記の失敗のアクセスログが出力されないように機能拡充を希望します。

In the case of users with only a SharePoint Online license assigned, in the Azure AD access logs, failed accesses appear for attempted logins etc. to the Office365 Shell WCSS-Client.
    Please make it possible to not show these failures for users with only a SharePoint Online license assigned.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I want to archive SharePoint Online and OneDrive content after migrating between tenants

■Title(件名):
    テナント移行に伴い、移行元の SharePoint Online および OneDrive for Business をアーカイブ化したい
    I want to archive SharePoint Online and OneDrive content after migrating between tenants

■Description(内容):
    テナント移行を行った後、移行元の SharePoint Online および OneDrive for Business をアーカイブとして運用したいと考えている。
    現時点の機能では、SharePoint Online および OneDrive for Business に格納されたすべてのコンテンツに対して権限を制御する必要があり、現実的ではない。
    また、移行に伴うオプションにも該当の機能が用意されていない。
    全体管理者で制御が可能な、SharePoint Online および OneDrive for Business 全体をアーカイブ化できる機能の拡充を希望する。

After migrating from one tenant to another, I want to use the original source SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business as an archive.
    The current functions for this require permissions for all items stored in these services, which is impractical.
    Also, this functionality is not provided as part of the migration…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. App list remains even the app catalog has been disabled

Even if you disabled the app catalog, SharePoint app list remains in the site. So, I need an ability to remove the app list itself if the app catalog has been disabled.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The "Your recipients couldn't be given access to the file" message

How can I stop delivering the "Your recipients couldn't be given access to the file" message?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. deleting sites under retention policy

Having to go in and specify exclusions for sites in retention policy before allowing deletion is a stupid design. When you have a mess environment of sites that need cleaned up and you have to keep entering each individual site for exclusion. Whoever designed this had rocks in their head.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Office 365 SharePoint Tenant Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Invite specific guest access setting

If you want to manage guest access permission, you may use permission levels setting to do so. But here you can grant guest users sharing access. I want just to invite the guest user, I don’t want to grant sharing access

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Items in lists and libraries limits

When a list, library, or folder contains more than 100,000 items, you can't break permissions inheritance on the list, library, or folder. Nor can you re-inherit permissions on it. This limits must increased to 500.000+ or limitless. We were not facing issue on AWS but after migrating here we are facing this issue and not able to set permission on a folder. Now rethinking on our migration plan.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SharePoint Upgrade  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Output a list of all sites with data loss prevention (DLP) policies applied

■Title(件名):
    データ損失防止 (DLP) ポリシーを適用しているサイト一覧の抽出機能
    Output a list of all sites with data loss prevention (DLP) policies applied

■Description(内容):
    ポリシーを設定しているサイト一覧の情報を棚卸として取得する場合に、csv 形式での出力や、PowerShellでエクスポートする等の提供を要望します。

Please make it possible to export a list of information on sites with these policies set as a CSV file or through PowerShell

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Additional Extension needed for MS Workflow 2010

Right now, our commercial systems use a workflow built in SharePoint 2010. In October, we asked for a 6 month extension for support and functionality for this workflow as we tried to find an alternative solution. That solution ultimately became Power Automate, however, the consultants that we have been working with are not complete yet and with requirements and functionality that is missing from Power Automate, we have found it challenging in some regards to adequately accommodate the change. We are very close to fruition on this project, but with our developers being located in some areas where there are…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Office 365 SharePoint Tenant Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Change of the limit to ameliorate the migration to OneDrive/SharePoint (error: it exceeds the list view threshold)

Hello,

I am doing migration of on-premise servers to the cloud, and Microsoft products have interesting prospect in that matter. However, I am facing an annoying problem. When I move on-premise data from Microsoft servers, I cannot set the same access right in the folders because there is a limit threshold of 50'000 items (The attempted operation is prohibited because it exceeds the list view threshold). For a company that has several years of data it is very common that they would reach that threshold. I understand that inside the structure, deep in the folders, it might be possible to…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. SharePoint list export to csv

Do you think that in the future, sharepoint list can create permissions to export to csv. Sometime we have sensitive list, we do not want to export at all from some employees.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base