SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Administration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Administration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Quick launch is showing not what is configured in Navigation on new document library and Site content experience

In new Site Content and Document library experience Quick launch (left navigation) is showing not what is configured in Site Settings -> navigation. It looks like there are no way to control what it shows.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Customizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Use custom master page on new document library and Site content experience

Custom master page is not used in newly introduced Document Library experience and Site content experience. If we are using custom master page and then user goes to Site Content or Document Library it looks like he has end up in different place (because it looks differently).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add Multiple Webparts at Once

When creating a page or updating one, you may have multiple webparts that you want to add. You have to click, add, wait, then click, add, wait. Why not click a bunch, with Ctrl-Click or something to select a bunch, maybe a "mulitiple button" and then checkbox and then put them on the page.
    Also allow for several webparts to have the same updates say all 3 I select have Audience of xyz.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Move SharePoint List Item, provide option in item context menu

Please add an option in item's context menu for moving the list item documents between sites/list/libraries

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Excluding Site Mailboxes from People Picker autosuggestions

When for example sharing content or assigning permissions as an end user you use a people picker that has an autosuggest feature, showing suggestions in a dropdown as you type. This autosuggest feature looks up objects from the active directory without any filtering and there is no way to configure this. So if you for example you enable the site mailbox feature, this creates an object in active directory that is not a user and not a security group. This is not an object that you would like to be presented in the people picker. An option to configure this…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Office 365 SharePoint Tenant Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. NOT LIGHT BLUE WORDING - RE OH&S EYE sight issues

Go back to black on white. The workshop glare and light blue writing fail us. We are squinting at the screens, fiddling with the brilliance and putting cellophane over the monitors.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Enforce ShowEveryoneExceptExternalUsersClaim false in peoplepicker for OneDrive again

When first released, ShowEveryoneExceptExternalUsersClaim, when set to false, prevented the "Everyone except external users" from being visible in the PeoplePicker. I have been told by support that this was backed out in OneDrive for Business. This is far from ideal. Please change it back.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. In OneDrive, allow permissions setting be more apparent when sharing with people

I use OneDrive to share and transfer files. Currently, when I add people to share a file with, my only options are for for them 'to view' or 'to edit'. If I want to be allow for them to download the file, I need to add them first, then go to 'shared with', and edit their user permissions through 'advanced'. It literally took my 4 months to figure this out. Even the support team at Microsoft couldn't help me.

I suggest you provide all the different 'permissions level' options available in OneDrive interface.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. fix

"Send Alerts To
    You can enter user names or e-mail addresses. Separate them with semicolons" <- when setting alert location.. it never lets you input a semicolon despite instructions. Multiple users can not be set to receive alerts etc...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SharePoint Upgrade  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Incoming SMS (Text Message) Ability for SharePoint

SharePoint has Outgoing Text Message (SMS) capability but it was identified several times by many customers that they needed to user Incoming SMS (text message) functionality too which is currently not available. this will open the door for much more broader automations in Workflow criteria. I do not know how deep I am talking about (it may depend on Service providers, gateway support etc...) but this particular point has a significant potential (example - one of the client needed to send an SMS alert to their Drivers based on a Workflow Status and then Drivers needs to reply to the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  on-premise Central Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add a Search Field with Intellisense to Central Admin

The more complex sharepoint becomes, the more things there are in Central Admin. Sometimes my eyes glaze over when I'm looking at it all. I'd rather just start typing something into a search field there than clicking around trying to find something I used once and have forgotten where it is at. Windows 10 is good about this. Just type a few letters of what you're looking for and it magically shows up. For example, type ULS rather than click on the link for monitoring and whever else.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  on-premise Central Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. DirSync Dirstribution Lists and Security Groups from office365 onto Sharepoint

DirSync Dirstribution Lists and Security Groups from office365 onto Sharepoint, without the usage of Dynamic Groups or with so everytime someone is updated in a DL to be synched onto sharepoint, thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SharePoint PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Column Default Values Enhancement

When you set column default values and use a choice field, the choices are not displayed. It would make setting this value much easier if the choices showed up in a drop-down like they do in the edit form.

It would also be nice if you could use a single line of text field, and when you created a folder, it would automatically use the folder name as the default value to tag any documents added to the folder.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow access to Developer Dashboard via PowerShell in SP2010 and Sp2013

Allow cmdlets or create a web service document that would allow PowerShell to gather site data based on Developer Dashboard. Admins would love to build a dashboard showing current response times to specific high-profile sites, and developer dashboard does just that. The data that DD gathers would be perfect for a scheduled task to gather and present on a dashboard site.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SharePoint PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. External audit and access shared documentation

I think it is necessary to create a report with documentation that has been shared with external users. Currently from the support department I indicate that Office 365 does not include this type of audit

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Auditing & Compliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Improve restore-spfarm scriptability

Add functionality to allow for Restore-SPFarm to be scripted. for example restoring a Search Service Application with a less than trivial topology is brutal.

Perhaps allow us to pass a response handler code-block or function that you call with the prompt request and that is responsible for providing each response.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Backup/Restore/High Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. specific content database when create site collection from central admin

Ability to select (or create new) content database when create site collection from central admin.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Provide option to increase Workflow Run Time in O365

Users may have workflows that require longer then 5 minutes to execute (example: user wants workflow to run on document library on files larger than 100MB). Due to current server timeouts Sharepoint is failing and either executes the workflow before the files finish uploading or fail with additional errors. Please add a setting for users to increase this limit and please add details of workflow time limits to Sharepoint 365 documentation here https://support.office.com/en-us/article/SharePoint-Online-and-OneDrive-for-Business-software-boundaries-and-limits-8f34ff47-b749-408b-abc0-b605e1f6d498

See https://community.office365.com/en-us/f/154/p/429893/1085242#1085242 for context on my issue that led to this request. Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Office 365 SharePoint Tenant Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. For SharePoint Site Mailbox App, please add the ability to set a default CC email.

Right now, when we create a new email message, the CC email address has to be entered manually in the SharePoint "Site Mailbox App". Some users can be forgetful and not entering the project's email in the CC box; we just want a quick way in the "Options" panel to set this email by default, so that a copy of the email will always be sent to the project's Mailbox.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base