SharePoint Administration

I suggest you ....

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SharePoint and SharePoint Online Change Log

I'd like to see a change log to SharePoint On-Premises and SharePoint Online and of course the rest of the services/servers.

What I have in mind is a chronological, grouped by CU/PU/SP for on-premises versions and by date for the services, change log with all the changes to API's, PowerShell cmdlets and features. Very much like the Office Roadmap.

For instance in the July SharePoint CU we have a new addition to the cmdlets that allows us to bypass the search protocol handlers. In August we had a security update that change the EnableScript for Ribbon buttons added by apps…

20 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Change Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Provide script injection on tenant level

This idea is somewhat similar to what Marc Anderson posted here: https://sharepoint.uservoice.com/forums/329220-sharepoint-dev-platform/suggestions/10533423-add-a-load-javascript-link-to-master-page-settin. But instead of limiting this capability to a site collection scope, it would be great to have an equal option on tenant level as well.

Simply provide the option to set some URLs to be loaded as additional JavaScripts on each page within the SharePoint tenant. The simplest use case would be to enable analytics like Azure Application Insights or Google Analytics. Each URL gets loaded within the script manager of a SharePoint page and the script then can take care of loading other resources when needed.

4 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        I agree to the terms of service
        Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Office 365 SharePoint Tenant Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base