User Profile Service Sync Containers
When updating User Profile Service Sync Containers for Microsoft Active Directory OU (Organizational Units) it is painful to have to select an OU with a sub OU in it, and the whole section refreshes when you expand it and you have to go to TOP again and then scroll down to where you were. You can't be productive doing this and it is easy to make a mistake!
Greg Burns commented
THIS. PLEASE FIX THIS SCREEN. Pretty please with sugar on it.
The User Profile Connector config screen is extremely cumbersome. Suggestions:
1. Resize the selection window to show more of the AD containers/objects.
2. Use a different technology for displaying/enumerating objects. This postback-for-every-click method is awful, because the tree takes a while to load every time.
3. Provide better guidance for building LDAP filter queries, or at least add some checkboxes for some common queries (e.g. users with non-expiring passwords, or users in specific AD groups). The documentation is so poorly written (and nonexistent) that at first I wasn't sure whether the LDAP query was used to EXCLUDE objects or INCLUDE them.
3. A popup dialog with LDAP query builder would be awesome. We are not all active directory experts.
4. A hybrid wizard for pushing on-prem SP properties to Azure/Delve would also be good.