SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Get in SharePoint Online the ULS entries for 'your' correlation id

In Office 365 / SPO you cannot access the ULS logs to lookup the logged information on error situation. Only option is to contact Microsoft Support. This is cumbersome and takes elapse time, hindering your progress. Required a secure option to on-the-fly retrieve the ULS entries related to 'your' correlation id (checked against the tenant for which the user has authenticated)

181 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

William van Strien shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Peter Ridgway-Davies commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I suspect Microsoft simply cannot do this as it could expose data for other tenancies. This is not obvious but because Microsoft have so many servers and because your tenancy can be hosted alongside other tenancies on given Microsoft servers that are being shared with other tenancies then the ULS logs can relate to any one of these. One of the gotcha's in SharePoint Online I'm afraid.

• Jonathan Herschel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I migrated a list to SPO and keep getting form cannot be found errror, but cannot troubleshoot. Please allow admins to get ULS logs based on Correlation ID

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I PERSONELLY AGREE TO THIS AGREE BECAUSE WORKING WITHOUT THE BURDENSOME OF FIRE WALL CAN IMPROVE THE EFFIENCIENTCY OF PRODUCTIVI8GTY AND FINAL APPROVAL TAKES LITTLE OR NO LOST OFM TIME AND SERVE AS A EXPIDITER OF IMPROVEMENT

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Surely this is a must ! I suddenly cannot access a document library or the document sets below them and all I get is a correlation ID which I cannot even look up for a clue as to how to fix it. I need to get access asap (in minutes or hours NOT days or weeks). How can you efficiently administer a service if the administration is taken away by the vendor of the software ? Microsoft please allow access to ULS logs as soon as possible if you are not going to fix the issue yourselves.

• mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree - show more error detail in the browser after the ULS error.
        Anytime a correlation ID is presented to the browser, that ID and error detail should be accessible on demand in the SharePoint Admin center for at least 30 days.

• Adrian Chrobok commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a good idea! It is really hard to troubleshoot something in SharePoint Online, especially when you do not have access to ULS log files. Recently we had a problem in SPO where we don’t even had a specific correlation ID and Microsoft is not allowed to share the full log files with the customer.

I think it would be a good solution to implement the possibility, to download ULS log files from the SharePoint Admin Center, filtered for each associated tenant. This will also valorize SharePoint Online as service.

Feedback and Knowledge Base