SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Synchronize Mobile phone userprofile property on Sharepoint Online

In Sharepoint Online, some user profile properties are not synchronized with Azure AD : for example Mobile Phone".

So, I suggest :
- add "Mobile Phone" to the syncronization process
or
- give the SP Administrator to choose user profile properties to be syncrhonized.

Thanks.

68 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How has this not been implemented yet? Mobile phone is probably one of the most useful user properties after name, email and work phone but is bizarrely not available on SP online, due to the mapping of some non-existent 'CellPhone' property!
        User profile management in SP online seems to have regressed massively having previously taken giant strides forward in recent on-premise versions; on SP online is now more difficult to administer than WSS 3.0; congratulations on leaping 15 years back in time.

Like all other users, we need this feature to be implemented, to have a coherent directory with all properties, and not 2 or 3 directories (AD, Azure AD, Sharepoint, Yammer ...) with different / desynchronized fields / datas

• Robert Barbrow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand why you would implement sync on other fields like work number why not just do the extra 5 seconds of work and include mobile

• Gary Bowering commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to done ASAP. A large portion of our workforce is on the road a lot and mobile is their main contact on certain days.

• Greg Henderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the major blocker to us adopting Delve as a replacement for our existing user search and phone list system.

I can't understand why this wasn't included in the first place to be honest esp as many companies don't even have desk phones these days.

Feedback and Knowledge Base