SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Backup and Restore of Production SharePoint Online Site Collections

I am doing some business continuity planning and have a couple of questions. I know that our SharePoint Online site collections are backed up every 12 hours and that backups are kept for 14 days. If we are planning to make a change to a site collection containing forms, SharePoint Designer workflows, and Site Columns and Content Types, is there a way to use this support service to request a special site collection backup before we start? Alternatively is there a way to do an local backup of the information before we start making changes? If it is not currently available can you provide a general idea of the timeline / roadmap of when this would be available? Thank you.”

29 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Bob Palmer shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be particularly useful for compliance with regulatory record-keeping requirements.

• Anitha Vyas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, too much bureaucracy for restore request. recently I raised a request for backup restore. They have so many limitation. Site can be only restored to the existing location. They cannt restored to other temp location. These all options were available on on-premise version of SP. and should be made available for online version for Admins.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is most important feature and Microsoft backup team is not responsive and too much bureaucracy for restore request. Any software that operates on data needs backup as basic feature. Please roll out this feature ASAP.

• Surender Reddy Gutha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It saves lot of time while moving site collection from Dev to QA, UAT, Production.
        It also helps to have the backup of past data for audit purpose!

Feedback and Knowledge Base