SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Allow SharePoint Sites created via O365 Groups to be managed in SharePoint Admin Center

Each Office365 Group creates a new SharePoint Site, this is not currently shown in the Sharepoint Admin Center so it is not possible to manage specific sharing rules, storage and compute quotas and other advanced settings. Such sites should appear in the Site Collection lists to be manageable.

94 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This and also "Microsoft Teams"-Teams each get an own SharePoint site. While I am a SharePoint administrator, but not an Office 365 global administrator I do not even have permission to access the sites from the new SharePoint Admin Center.
        We are currently holding a bunch of SharePoint Site Collections, where we can not see, who created them, if they are for a MS Teams-Team, an Office 365 or an actual SharePoint Site Collection.
        This makes management nearly impossible.

• Erik Hartman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update to this request? The new admin experience is better but we still cannot manage these o365 group sites. Till this capability is enabled we do not plan to roll out MS Teams and other productivity tools to our organization.

• Michelangelo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On our tenant we had to disable group creation because we were essentially incapable of administering over the standalone site collections created when an O365 group is created.

We know you can use security groups to allow for select users to have group creation enabled and how we could provide our admins with ownership over all the various site collections created via O365 group creation, but we never set our environment in a way that accounts for this, so we did the easiest thing possible which was eliminate the capability and do damage control on what already existed.

• BG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, please allow Global Admins the permissions to delete a SPO site when they are not the "Owner" of the site.

• SDADM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I assume "working on it" is why the O365 group team sites are now listed under site management in the CA preview.

They still can't be administered from the CA, though, so showing them in the default views there just clutters up the new site management portion with useless info***.

Yes, you can use "customize columns" to add the O365group column and then filter them out; my point is they should be filtered out by default, until/unless they can be affected from SharePoint Online CA instead of just in O365 Admin Console.

***especially for those who are SPO-admins only, and not tenant/global O365 admins too.

• Matt Shafer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is insane to me that Sharepoint Online and the Office365 group functionality shipped without this functionality. My Sharepoint admin portal displays that we have only 380GB of storage capacity available out of our allowed storage of 1.27TB. Yet, the site collections only show 1.46GB of data used. Our IT department looks like imbeciles because we cannot manage this resource, and it's due to MS setting it's admins up for failure.

Where is this feature? Or at least guidance for getting the data via powershell. I've spent weeks trying to find something... ANYTHING, to manage this.

• Sérgio Neves commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without this, planner gets pretty much unmanageable and therefore, unusable... With it, it might become one of the most powerful simple to use Office 365 tool.

Feedback and Knowledge Base