SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Customizing the Sharepoint home page showing frequent sites and suggested sites

Customizing the Sharepoint home page showing frequent sites and suggested sites, since there are confidential sites that should not be displayed to users of the system

116 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Giana Ferreira da Silva shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

31 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • James Voss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates on this "feature" being resolved? Not being able to modify this site, or change where the app launcher takes you to begin with, is a huge issue.

• Kyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Frequent sites should be frequent to my specific user, not based on the rest of the users with access to the parent sharepoint site.

• David Richards commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SO,

all the below comments and i see no answer on how to remove a deleted site from the home page favorites or frequent site?!? Has anyone figured this out?

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature. Deleting a site and still seeing it odd, non-intuitive and a broken feature.

• Colm Counihan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It sounds like the "frequent" sites are not actually showing sites the logged in users is accessing frequently? Is that true?

Was thinking of promoting SPHome as a portal page for O365 . if it showed "frequently accessed" sites that would be a positive. If it shows the first sites that were accessed by the logged in user.. but not those "frequented" by the logged in user then this web part shouldn't be called "Frequent sites"

• Sandy Brain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make frequent sites an optional feature that can be turned off by admins.
        It is showing sites I need to give users access to but do not actually want them to visit.
        Very frustrating having to try and find a workaround!

• spo-ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most needed or at least give the ability to use a sharepoint root custom page as replacement for the sharepoint home.
        Now with the site webpart and the other webparts that exist, it would make more sense!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a test site that has been deleted and now remains showing. How do I kill it?

• Yeong Shih commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am working on a test site then at the end need to remove it, but this setting keep the test site for me even the test site already get deleted. Cause a lot of issues.

• Fred Rippeto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow users to control (add, remove, reorder) "Frequent Sites" portion of SharePoint.

Thank you.

• Trevor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to wonder if the low number of votes is due to folks not knowing this suggestion exists. Searching the web shows lots of folks who agree (of those who even bother to say anything) but the votes here would suggest it is not a priority.

Is Microsoft commenting on this elsewhere?

• Elizabeth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Current implementation is about as idiotic as it comes. "Frequent sites" should mean just that, not the most recent site I happened to access once and don't need again being the first thing I see forever after. The most frequent site I use is now below the fold because I was searching for one thing and opened six other sites to find it.

• Derek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Priorities appear to be a bit off! Microsoft has added functionality for mixed reality and AI into Sharepoint but still can't make basic customizations to the SharePoint company home page and the ability to remove auto-generated broken links to sites that no longer exist. The cart seems to be pretty far ahead of the horse and no one seems to care. This stems from a blind focus on features and not understanding the core purpose of your product.

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow us to modify the list of frequent sites removing only certain sites off the list.
        We had a new trainee that opened a site we don't use, now we all have to see that incorrect site each day which other new trainee's think is a correct site for them...

Another great addition would be to add sites to a favorites list

• Philip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do the Sharepoint Team have any plans regarding this issue? Can we get some response?

• gdg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i can't believe this is not working , it is a basic issue

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on microsoft. I made a spelling mistake on a site. Fixed it the next day, but because i had clicked and gone to the site there it now remains forever and can not be removed . What a joke!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base