SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Show recurring events in the new Event Web Part

Hi,

I have the new look Sharepoint online and I notice when creating events in the Events Web App, you don't have the option to configure as a recurring event.

If you create the event and then go site contents > events and manually drill into the event and setup recurring, the event no longer shows up in the Events Web Part.

I think being able to setup recurring events is basic functionality for any calendar so can we get the feature added/fixed?

Regards,
Andrew

107 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andrew Morris shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joost van der Linden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very very weird that you can actually create an event, categorize it as a birthday, but that you cannot make it a recurring event!?
        So, we need to enter the birthdays each year over and over again. I think this is quite important for adopting this web part.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to be corrected ASAP. This is basic functionality of every calendar application out there.

• Kyla Evison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this functionality on Modern sites, it is a must!!!!!! It makes the calendar basically dysfunctional

Your kidding, you mean this is actually how it is supposed to work? How can this be useful in a business setting? I'm totally confused as to how something so basic could not work properly. Like others, I just spent some time "troubleshooting" this bug until seeing this and now understanding that this is not a feature Microsoft considers to be needed. I'm almost at a loss for words...

Another +1 here. The calendar NEEDS the recurring feature. This is a function of well, pretty much every other calendar application since the beginning of record keeping. C'mon.

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 here.. absolute deal breaker for me. We have weekly and monthly meetings. Recurring events are a must and staff will refuse to add events every week. So I have to keep using the old calendar for now, which sticks out like a sore thumb in the middle of the new hub site.

• Diarmuid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've just spent an hour trying all the fixes to make events show and now I've found this thread. Please add my voice to the chorus: we need this feature.

• Brendan Farren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this functionality....We'd like to use it on a corporate initiative landing page for tracking governance council meetings.

• Ryan Robinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I assumed this was a bug when I just came across it, but there's at least a month since this post started? How is this not a feature? It just completely destroyed my pitch for modernizing a page.

• Jeff B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with Kai...this isn't a feature request, and has been a problem for a long time (at least 2013). This is how the product should function.

• Kai Gräwe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is definitely not a feature request - this should be common behaviour. If it's not possible to have recurring events my customers won't use the Events App at all - hard to explain to a customer why such an "easy" and "must-have" feature doesn't work / exist at all.
        Since this idea is already almost a year old I don't see this one coming soon, sadly enough.

• Geraldine S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really need to be able to see recurring series and it doesn't make sense to get the users to have to input them manually. That will reduce adoption significantly. We would like to use the web part to display events like: cut off dates for Finance, birthdays, Company wide meetings, regular team meetings

• Colleen Parker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're trying (painfully) to switch over to the new pages. We have a calendar of Anniversaries and Birthdays we want to display. Not being able to show recurring events, as Olov put it, makes the web part useless.

• Olov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ridiculous to not have this when reelased, isnt the hole point to be able to schedule things in a calendar? the webpart is useless without it, and also a big risk of missing important events if someone adds a recurring event in the belif that other team members going to see it on a start-page for example.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base