SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Show recurring events in the new Event Web Part

Hi,

I have the new look Sharepoint online and I notice when creating events in the Events Web App, you don't have the option to configure as a recurring event.

If you create the event and then go site contents > events and manually drill into the event and setup recurring, the event no longer shows up in the Events Web Part.

I think being able to setup recurring events is basic functionality for any calendar so can we get the feature added/fixed?

Regards,
Andrew

171 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andrew Morris shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

33 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dan I commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This web part is useless for us without this.

Working with a new client we migrated from gsuite to o365 who are very heavy calendar users really made me realize how far behind SP/O365 in general is on calendar functionality. We're still using their gsuite for anything public facing because O365 can't touch it.

Just another example of a half-baked idea and implementation.

• Jordan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not having this feature is going to greatly affect how my studios are being run. Can we please get reoccurring events to show as individual?

• Kristi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need reoccurring events to show in the web part! This is a major function for any calendar and not having it here is bad as we can't even set up some of our calendars.

• PJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 This is an absolute must. Recurring events need to be displayed on the event web part!!!

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 again. Looking to implement patching schedules, site visit schedules, birthdays, meetings. Web Part is pretty useless otherwise.

Come on, how did this get pushed to release without one of the most basic features.

As a side note, Microsoft Flows don't work with recurring Calendar events either. Absurd.

• Joost van der Linden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very very weird that you can actually create an event, categorize it as a birthday, but that you cannot make it a recurring event!?
    So, we need to enter the birthdays each year over and over again. I think this is quite important for adopting this web part.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to be corrected ASAP. This is basic functionality of every calendar application out there.

• Kyla Evison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this functionality on Modern sites, it is a must!!!!!! It makes the calendar basically dysfunctional

Your kidding, you mean this is actually how it is supposed to work? How can this be useful in a business setting? I'm totally confused as to how something so basic could not work properly. Like others, I just spent some time "troubleshooting" this bug until seeing this and now understanding that this is not a feature Microsoft considers to be needed. I'm almost at a loss for words...

Another +1 here. The calendar NEEDS the recurring feature. This is a function of well, pretty much every other calendar application since the beginning of record keeping. C'mon.

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 here.. absolute deal breaker for me. We have weekly and monthly meetings. Recurring events are a must and staff will refuse to add events every week. So I have to keep using the old calendar for now, which sticks out like a sore thumb in the middle of the new hub site.

• Diarmuid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've just spent an hour trying all the fixes to make events show and now I've found this thread. Please add my voice to the chorus: we need this feature.

• Brendan Farren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this functionality....We'd like to use it on a corporate initiative landing page for tracking governance council meetings.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base