SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Show recurring events in the new Event Web Part

Hi,

I have the new look Sharepoint online and I notice when creating events in the Events Web App, you don't have the option to configure as a recurring event.

If you create the event and then go site contents > events and manually drill into the event and setup recurring, the event no longer shows up in the Events Web Part.

I think being able to setup recurring events is basic functionality for any calendar so can we get the feature added/fixed?

Regards,
Andrew

201 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andrew Morris shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

42 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dave Gorman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this not on your road map? Asking users to use a different calendar for basic requirement is scurrilous.

• Tina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Beyond absurd.

So the only way to access SPO recurring event dates (other than the very first+last dates) is STILL only supported by using SOAP?? The great Modern UI was released without adding client-side support for recurring events by using REST/Graph and it's not even on the roadmap??

This was an enormously glaring issue with the Classic interface, and evidently Microsoft likes it like that. Working as intended.

I thought this was the result of yet another half-finished MS release, but I was wrong. This was designed to just be another unused MS feature in a business setting.

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a very important functionality to exclude. Group calendaring is really not a good solution for this use-case, and I am curious what the suggestion is for Communication sites, which do not have the Group Calendar option?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for the update. This functionality is essential for the modern events web part and needs to be reconsidered in your plans. This is a need for every SP user in our organization. Group calendars are not an acceptable work around for our needs.

• Maria Dolores angulo ruiz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mi crítica va pra mensajería UPS en gandía Valencia ,no tienen teléfono de contacto ,tienes que ir tu a recoger los pedidos .fatal el trato .

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's ridiculous that such basic functionality isn't in the plans. We have Communications Sites, which do not have O365 Groups attached needing this functionality. Also, each Group connected site will only have 1 Group calendar. This is limiting for some of our sites with multiple calendars. I don't understand how functionality that has always existed in SharePoint is considered something that isn't in the current plans.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every user I train on SharePoint events asks for the recurring functionality.

• Dan I commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This web part is useless for us without this.

Working with a new client we migrated from gsuite to o365 who are very heavy calendar users really made me realize how far behind SP/O365 in general is on calendar functionality. We're still using their gsuite for anything public facing because O365 can't touch it.

Just another example of a half-baked idea and implementation.

• Jordan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not having this feature is going to greatly affect how my studios are being run. Can we please get reoccurring events to show as individual?

• Elisabeth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looking for any kind of response from Microsoft, on this issue. Have I missed it?

• Kristi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need reoccurring events to show in the web part! This is a major function for any calendar and not having it here is bad as we can't even set up some of our calendars.

• PJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 This is an absolute must. Recurring events need to be displayed on the event web part!!!

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 again. Looking to implement patching schedules, site visit schedules, birthdays, meetings. Web Part is pretty useless otherwise.

Come on, how did this get pushed to release without one of the most basic features.

As a side note, Microsoft Flows don't work with recurring Calendar events either. Absurd.

• Joost van der Linden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very very weird that you can actually create an event, categorize it as a birthday, but that you cannot make it a recurring event!?
    So, we need to enter the birthdays each year over and over again. I think this is quite important for adopting this web part.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base