SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Allow Site Admins to Disable "Return to Classic Sharepoint" Link

Displaying the "Return to Classic Sharepoint" and "Exit Classic Experience" links, with no option to disable these links, is a terrible idea. When a user switches from the new, modern interface to classic, it allows them to view links that they are not otherwise permitted to view, thereby overriding permissions. I don't want our users to have ability to switch between the two experiences.

86 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Lenny LaRose shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is literally a terrible experience without the control over this annoying link. The modern experience has been in place for so long that few people actually need or are expected to use the classic experience.

Really need this as I am trying to edit code to remove it. Anyone know how to edit the code?

This is really needed as I am currently facing an issue where users will be able to see data that they are not supposed to see.

• Hugo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Did you guys get any comments / resolution back on this?

• CoryL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As per kapardhi's comments, the ability to remove to option selectively would be very useful.

• kapardhi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd prefer to have both the options available but add an ability to set permissions for them for Site Admins to control users from switching the view.

• Jacob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a MASSIVE problem if PowerApps is intended to replace SharePoint Designer and InfoPath.

Any implementation of a PowerApps form for business operations requires tight controls on form fields. If those controls are placed on field in PowerApps, the User can circumvent those controls by simply returning to the classic SharePoint form.

Therefore, any form that interfaces with a list developed for SharePoint using PowerApps will not pass an internal or external audit.

This renders PowerApps absolutely useless for a plethora of businesses and applications.

• Ron Verma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally Agree on this but have a different perspective of this problem. Based on my talk with the Support person, when a user hit "Return to classic view" from the modern library view, this sets up a cookie in the browser. Now under that same browser session, if the user goes to some different doc lib (that has the modern view settings selected in the library settings) under some different site collection then that library will also have the classic view when the user lands into that library. This happens coz there is a cookie setup at the browser level that overrides the settings of the document library. So unwantedly, it effects other document library experience also. If the cookie has been setup based on the document library URL somehow then this issue would not have been there. Really want this issue to be fixed.

Feedback and Knowledge Base