SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Disable Create News Post from SharePoint Home Page

Add an option from SharePoint Admin's Settings to disable or hide the new "+ Create News Post" from the SharePoint Home. This is a great feature, but how about the people who are not using it or are not ready yet to use this feature at all?

There is an option to hide or disable the " + Create Site" link, but nothing for hiding or disabling the "+ Create News Post" link.

76 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sur Madho commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here! Already tons of question about this option. I think it's appropriate that local IT Dept. has the ability to disable it when it's not applicable.

• Kyle Bakker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This need to be done. Currently I have several clients that are hiding the SharePoint page to prevent people from creating news stories, defeating the purpose of the page.

• Ehsan Aliverdi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is totally wrong . In most companies, no one wants this option. maybe in small companies, it is fine but when it comes to medium size companies you don't want everyone to be able to post contents.

• Ola commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm just here pondering why this has not been disabled yet. Allowing all users in the organisation to publish news posts to all without communications' approval is just wrong. Also here pondering if this is what goes on on the Microsof's own SharePoint site.

• SDADM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes. Get rid of it. We don't want just anyone creating site pages (and why are News Posts site pages, instead of items in the Announcement app/list?)

• Bally commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? Is it possible to disable "Create news post"

• Phil Halpern commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not only should the +Create News Post also be hidden, but both "Create Site and +Create News Post should be hidden as the default.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an annoying option. What is the point in companies having comms team, if everybody can create news. Collaboration cannot be the right justification as Yammer is there for that.

Feedback and Knowledge Base