SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Keep public sites availalbe for any SharePoint Online subscription

This is a great feature and we don't want it taken away.

22 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jason shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ardis Jennett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please keep public sites available. The only reason I use O365 is for the website for my bowling leagues. If I lose the availability of having a website, I'll have to get a new email address to keep my bowlers informed as the one I currently use is tied to my domain name which is tied to my website. If I don't have a website, there'll be no reason to renew my domain name subscription. I have had a website for several years with O365; I like it because it's very user friendly and easy to maintain. I can't afford to pay high prices to build/maintain a website with someone else so if I lose this website, I probably just won't have a website.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please reimplement the feature, there are a lot of disappointed Small Business or Education now. This was a major point to draw customers in, creating a platform for external and internal collaboration. Connecting content and make versioning and managing a lot easyer. Now we have to tell them that the On-Premises can do what they want but Office 365 doesn't. Thats a bit confusing... Now they still have to manage important content on two places and provide education for two systems...

What is the exact technical reason to ditch this feature?

• Jeffrey Borghoff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Keep/Bring it back and enhance its functionality. We pay a lot for our licensing and we need to have to this feature to keep all our business web functionality in a single place. We don't want to pay for additional hosting for a non-SharePoint public hosting of a wordpress website.

See Information about changes to the SharePoint Online Public Website feature in Office 365: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3027254

• Marian Banica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes i am also interested in this. We've started to use Sharepoint online at the end of 2015 and i've been disappointed when i realised that it's not possible to use public websites with SPO

Feedback and Knowledge Base