SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Keep public sites availalbe for any SharePoint Online subscription

This is a great feature and we don't want it taken away.

22 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jason shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ardis Jennett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please keep public sites available. The only reason I use O365 is for the website for my bowling leagues. If I lose the availability of having a website, I'll have to get a new email address to keep my bowlers informed as the one I currently use is tied to my domain name which is tied to my website. If I don't have a website, there'll be no reason to renew my domain name subscription. I have had a website for several years with O365; I like it because it's very user friendly and easy to maintain. I can't afford to pay high prices to build/maintain a website with someone else so if I lose this website, I probably just won't have a website.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please reimplement the feature, there are a lot of disappointed Small Business or Education now. This was a major point to draw customers in, creating a platform for external and internal collaboration. Connecting content and make versioning and managing a lot easyer. Now we have to tell them that the On-Premises can do what they want but Office 365 doesn't. Thats a bit confusing... Now they still have to manage important content on two places and provide education for two systems...

What is the exact technical reason to ditch this feature?

• Jeffrey Borghoff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Keep/Bring it back and enhance its functionality. We pay a lot for our licensing and we need to have to this feature to keep all our business web functionality in a single place. We don't want to pay for additional hosting for a non-SharePoint public hosting of a wordpress website.

See Information about changes to the SharePoint Online Public Website feature in Office 365: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3027254

• Marian Banica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes i am also interested in this. We've started to use Sharepoint online at the end of 2015 and i've been disappointed when i realised that it's not possible to use public websites with SPO

Feedback and Knowledge Base