SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Provide ability to create HNSC via Central Admin

Please add the ability to create Host Named Site Collections (with full Content Database selection support) via Central Administration.

Without this ability the adoption of a single web app and HNSC will remain almost non existent within enterprise customers. The only way to do this in a manageable fashion is via the deployment of a custom site provisioning provider - which is a FTS!

121 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Spencer Harbar shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Gunnar LIed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, it is not very logical that managed paths used in conjunction with HNSC don't show up at all in GUI, you're left with an inconsistent experience.

• Gurdip Sira commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to see this, just a suggestion - we use HNSC SCs everywhere on our 2013 farm and I built a site provisioning system, which is a Powershell script that looks for approved requests on a site provisioning form. The powershell script is a scheduled task running on one of the SharePoint servers.

• Alex Bacchin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please also make SPSite.SelfServiceCreateSite method to support HNSC for non multi tenant deployments.

Feedback and Knowledge Base