SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Administration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Administration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SharePoint DMS component, have it create a contact that also populates LegacyExchangeDN attribute

When incoming email is enabled and DMS is enabled and a list is then turned on to receive incoming mail; an AD contact is created and when using newer version of Exchange, DMS should add some data regarding the contact in the legacyExchangeDN attribute. This will help users using their offline address book without having to have the Exchange Admins run scripts to populate this data to find this newly created list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  on-premise Central Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. on prem hub

Please bring hub sites to SharePoint server on prem 2019

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  on-premise Central Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Error occurring on edit SharePoint audience

In SharePoint 2016 On-Premises when we edit/view the Audience membership, it throws the error of “No User Profile Application available to service the request. Contact your farm administrator”).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  on-premise Central Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. تنظیمات دستگاه خودکار

در صورت آمادگی و ورود بطور خودکار تنظیم و وصل شود

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Fuck ms and sharepoint

Easy way to delete everything is sharepoint and completely disable it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Disable access apps 2013 on prem just like Online

Give users the ability to disable site owners from creating new Access apps in SharePoint 2013. Don't kill existing ones running but prevent users from creating new ones

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Provide us with a "Add current user" to primary/secondary site collection administrator upon creation

Most of the time when I create a site collection I add my current account to the primary site collection admin. Would be usefull to have a "Add current user" to save me from typing my user name. Somehing similar to SQL server setup.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Control Database permissions from Central admin

As of current scenario, we have to login on SQL server via SSMS to fix the permissions for the additional services accounts. There are companies who use the different proxy accounts to use different services including SharePoint & 3rd party. There are couple of times when permissions get dropped or missing on content db casue major issue. If we get an option via central admin to fix permission on db will make our life easier. As our admin account already has DB creator and Security admin fix role on sql side.

I am thinking, if we have another option along…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. upon employee termination the manager should NOT have access to the OneDrive account

If the My Site Cleanup is enabled and a manager is specified for the employee in AD, when that employee is terminated the manager is given access as a Secondary Owner. This allows the manager to view/edit/delete information located in the employee OneDrive account. This can be very dangerous in a couple of ways. First - Confidential or private HIPPA information might be stored in the One Drive account. Second - If there is a legal situation concerning the terminated employee, the manager has the ability to change or delete documents that should be archived unchanged - not knowing if…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. this shouldn't take long

Please change the snarky canned message that popups during certain CA processes from:

"This shouldn't take long..."

to

"This really shouldn't be taking this long!!!"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Incoming SMS (Text Message) Ability for SharePoint

SharePoint has Outgoing Text Message (SMS) capability but it was identified several times by many customers that they needed to user Incoming SMS (text message) functionality too which is currently not available. this will open the door for much more broader automations in Workflow criteria. I do not know how deep I am talking about (it may depend on Service providers, gateway support etc...) but this particular point has a significant potential (example - one of the client needed to send an SMS alert to their Drivers based on a Workflow Status and then Drivers needs to reply to the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add a Search Field with Intellisense to Central Admin

The more complex sharepoint becomes, the more things there are in Central Admin. Sometimes my eyes glaze over when I'm looking at it all. I'd rather just start typing something into a search field there than clicking around trying to find something I used once and have forgotten where it is at. Windows 10 is good about this. Just type a few letters of what you're looking for and it magically shows up. For example, type ULS rather than click on the link for monitoring and whever else.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. specific content database when create site collection from central admin

Ability to select (or create new) content database when create site collection from central admin.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. support windows workgroup environment

I would like to install SharePoint Foundation on a windows workgroup environment PC.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Block Files Base on Name not Extension

My company doesn't use quotas on our SharePoint 2013 environment. Over the course of a few months, a user managed to upload 2TB of data to their SP site. A lot of file names began with 'SBSE_' which is associated to a file sync and backup program. Unfortunately, you can only block file extensions, but not any portion of the file name. It would be useful to be able to exclude file names to help with issues such as this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. User not displayed in "Set Credentials for Secure Store Target Application"

The current user of a Secure Store Service Target Application cannot be displayed. I can only set a new user via "Set Credentials" but not display the current user.
    Please display the user in the "Set Credentials" dialog.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base