SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Administration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Administration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fitler Site Collections with Project Web App Enabled

Filter Site collections that have Project Web App

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Office 365 SharePoint Tenant Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bulk edit for new created sites

Make life easy for us, when we have created multiple sites via powershell it would be great if we could
    - change the admin or add an admin
    -delete test sites that are created

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Office 365 SharePoint Tenant Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. location of new sites

Thanks for the updated Admin Console.

I need to be able to specify where a site will be created (under /sites or under /teams), dynamically; I can currently change the default location in Office365 admin console, but that's not what I want. The default for my users should stay as I have it. But I need to be able to control where new sites go when I'm creating them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Wizard for creating a site or page

Wizard for creating a SharePoint online Site or Page. The reason for this is two-fold. One, a good first impression by implementing all the necessary considerations before creating a site, from Template, Apps, Positioning those Apps, permissions, Version control, and security verification. This would allow an Admin to go over that site with the wizard to see if any changes have been made especially to security by viewing the change logs. Lastly, to bring Sharepoint designer pages into the site administration. You can only view them by editing a URL. No link in site settings for viewing Designer pages.

Simply…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Zuverlässigkeit

Bitte bringen Sie die bestehenden Dienste erst einmal dazu zuverlässig zu laufen bevor Sie neue hinzunehmen. Danke

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Fix Query Builder dialog

Many times when I want to run the Query Builder, the dialog box appears and has nothing but the title in it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Sort admin center categories alphabetically

could you please sort the left column in the admin center alphabetically ? It would be easier to search for the desired section...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. system deleting sites

Deleting a user or contact or office 365 group on the exchange side, will delete a site on sharepoint if its name happens to match the deleted entity. This is a huge bug that wiped out a few of our sites in sharepoint online.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Disable the notification bar on Sharepoint.aspx page which says that "you are saying the limited version of this page

Disable the notification bar on Sharepoint.aspx page which says that "you are saying the limited version of this page

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. APp Monitoring should include useful information

The Apps/Monitor Apps settings page should track the actual installed locations of the Apps instead of just saying they have "1 installed location."
    Just telling me it's installed is basically useless. I want to know where it's installed and who installed it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Remove connection not working

Hi. Am unable to Remove Connection from Records Management.

It shows that the connection is removed, but when I navigate back to "Records Management" the connection is placed back there

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Unable to add custom image column in office 365 sites of modern upcoming events web parts

Hello,

How to add a custom image upload field/column in Event Modern web part in site pages of office 365 site.

I have created Image column and added to Event content type, but when I tried to add a new event, I am not able to get that image column.

I need to get the image from Events list to show in Home page of my site.

By default we have a banner image where we can upload there from "Add Event" page. But to show that image in home page. I am not getting clear image.The resolution i have…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Inline powershell

Implement an Office 365 Shell much like the Azure Shell recently released, this could contain the relevant modules for each Office 365 component or selectable to connect to that component.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Error Message needs to be more intuitive when a site collection is created in SPO

When we create new site collection (on SharePoint Online), on availability of same name as Group site it gives "Access Denied" message; it is confusing, instead message should be more meaningful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. SharePoint Online Admin Center

Here are my experiments and findings so far:
    As global admin
    1) From the SharePoint Admin Settings, selected the "Hide users from creating site". This disabled the option to create a site from SharePoint for both users as well as Admins(not the requirement)

2) Workaround: Create groups from Admin Portal and get connected to the site created along with it, but even users can do so by creating groups from OWA and following the same procedure. This also results in creation of a new site enabled for users. In order to curb this we should restrict users from creating even…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. No license for folder management

I was unable to manage folders (copy from a subsite to another) in our Team Site without having to purchase a license or having a non-admin licensed user's account manage them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Change the Sync Client for SharePoint Default to "Start the New Client"

More and more companies use the cloud than on-premise. The default setting for the sync client for SharePoint is the "Old Client". Which is crazy because anyone trying to use the new client or load more than 5,000 files onto a sharepoint site results in a failure, or worse, they end up in a neverending loop of errors and app failures trying to load the new app > then the old app > then the new app. Why isn't the default set for the widest audience?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Performanze

Performanz !!!!!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base