SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Administration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Administration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide us with the publishing information showing the detailed behavior of "multiple task process".

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):MyAnalytics の "多重タスク処理" について詳細な動作が分かる公開情報が欲しい。

Provide us with the publishing information showing the detailed behavior of "multiple task process".

■Description_JP (内容):MyAnalytics の "多重タスク処理" について現在ミーティング中のメール作成作業 (一定の時間を超えたもの) が多重タスクと見なされることをがわかったが、詳細が分かる公開情報が欲しい。
    一定の時間とはどの程度時間を経過したものか、メール作成作業とはメールの閲覧やメールの下書きを作成している時間も含まれるのかなどの情報が分かるようにしてほしい。 

When I look into MyAnalytics's "multiple task process", I find that the e-mail creation during the meetings is viewed as multitasking when its task processing time exceeds a fixed period of time. However, the menu of "multiple task process" does not indicates how long the e-mail writing is delayed while a given length of time is set or that the mail creation includes the viewing mails or the creation of mail

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable the control of the date to remove automatically the items from the 1st level of recycle bin by using SharePoint Online standard feat

■Title(件名):SharePoint Online の標準機能にて第 1 レベルのごみ箱からアイテムが自動削除される日数を制御できるようにしたい

Enable the control of the date to remove automatically the items from the 1st level of recycle bin by using SharePoint Online standard feature.

■Description_JP (内容):​SharePoint Online の第 1 レベルのごみ箱にアイテムが残っていると、外部ユーザーからもアクセスができるようになってしまう。外部ユーザーから第 1 レベルのごみ箱内のアイテムにアクセスができないようにするため、ごみ箱から自動削除される日数を制御できるように機能拡充を要望します。 

I am concerned that if the items remain in SharePoint Online's 1st level of recycling, the external users also can get accessed them. To avoid the access of external users to those items, I hope the feature to control the date.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Keep users informed about the specification change of a site.

■Title(件名):サイトの仕様変更による周知

Keep users informed about the specification change of a site.

■Description_JP (内容):サイトの仕様やUIが変わっていくことで以前まで行っていた操作のやり方がその都度わからなくなってしまう。ユーザーに仕様変更や機能追加を周知する機能や専用サイトを用意してほしい。予告なしに変更を行う動きを改善していただきたい。

Due to the specification and UI changes at every use of site, I am currently unable to have an idea of how to operate the site. To enhance user's recognition of behavior change, I hope that they will be provided with the feature or dedicated site in order to be aware of specification changes and additional functions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Expand the choices for retrieval object periods when searching the data based on access times with a Content Search Web Part.

■Title(件名):コンテンツ検索 Web パーツでの検索について

Expand the choices for retrieval object periods when searching the data based on access times with a Content Search Web Part.

■Description_JP (内容):コンテンツ検索 Web パーツを使用し、アクセス数を元に検索結果を抽出する際、対象期間が "全期間" と "2週間以内" しか設定できない。
    そのため、アクセス数を元に検索結果を抽出する際、対象期間の選択肢の幅を増やしていただく事を希望します。​

In case of extracting the search results based on the number of access along with a Content Search Web Part, I can set up the length of searching only as "All Time" and ”within two weeks”.

Therefore, I hope that I will be able to increase the range of choices for retrieval object periods when extracting the search results based on the number

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Editable top link bar for Modern Document Libraries

It is seemingly impossible at this time to modify the top link bar that is displayed when in a Modern Document Library. The link to the home site goes away when in a Modern Document Library, and there's seemingly no way to add it to the top link bar navigation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. A new column will not allow checkin with workflow enabled - The file has been modified by error

When you create a library in SharePoint and have any fields that require user input such as a new column, the workflow will not allow a document to be uploaded. In my case I was using a choice column, I went back in to test with a single line of text as well with the same results.

Steps to replicate the issue.
    1. Create new document library
    2. Upload a document using the “Upload”
    3. See it works
    4. Add a workflow using SharePoint Designer 2013
    5. Upload a document using the “Upload”
    6. See it works
    7. Add a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow new external users to set up optionally the receiving of confirmation code if invited.

■Title(件名):外部ユーザーを新規で招待する際の確認コードについて

Allow new external users to set up optionally the receiving of confirmation code if invited.

■Description_JP (内容):MC121153 に記載されている機能の "確認コード" による認証について、以前の動作に戻せるようにしてほしい。 新しく展開された機能について、求めていない動作の場合もあるので、ユーザー側が設定で利用するかどうか選択できるようにしてほしい。

I hope the behavior concerning the ”confirmation code” of the feature described in MC121153 to be restored where it originally was. As far as the newly deployed feature is concerned, I must point out that not all the users are currently calling for its usage, and therefore I hope those users to be allowed to select its setting depending on their need.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow setting the activity expiration date of "Alerts View" selectively.

■Title(件名):"Security & Compliance" の [アラートの表示] について

Allow setting the activity expiration date of "Alerts View" selectively.

■Description_JP (内容):​"Security & Compliance" の [アラートの表示] のアクティビティの有効期限を任意に設定できるようにしてほしい。金曜日にアラートが上がったものを月曜日に確認できないのでは意味がない。 

Please make it possible to selectively set the activity expiration date of "Alerts View" of "Security & Compliance". In the case of the user cannot confirm on Monday that the alert went up on last Friday, it seems that this function does not make any sense. Thus, I hope the function will be improved and it'll be easier to use for users.

Thank you for your continued support.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Implement the feature enabling to check the version of site collection.

■Title(件名):サイト コレクションのバージョンについて

Implement the feature enabling to check the version of site collection.

■Description_JP (内容):SharePoint 管理センター上にて サイト コレクションのバージョンを一覧で確認できない。
    そのため、SharePoint 管理センター上にて一覧でサイト コレクションのバージョンを確認できる機能の実装を希望いたします。

I am unable to check the list of the site collection's version within SharePoint admin center, and therefore I hope the feature to be implemented that could enable me to confirm its version there.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Improve the behavior enabling the access to SharePoint having an active session even in using an expired password.

■Title(件名):パスワードの有効期限が切れても、セッションが残っていると SharePoint へのアクセスが可能となる状況の改善を希望します

Improve the behavior enabling the access to SharePoint having an active session even in using an expired password.

■Description_JP (内容): ユーザーが SharePoint へアクセスし、セッションが残っている状態で、パスワードの有効期限が切れても、パスワードを変更することなく SharePoint へのアクセスが可能となってしまうため、セキュリティ上の観点から、セッションが残っていてもパスワードの有効期限が切れたユーザーへはパスワードの変更を求め、資格情報の再入力が必要となる動作となるよう要望いたします。

I am aware that the user having an expired password gets accessed SharePoint whose session is active can access there without changing its password. Within SharePoint having an active session, therefore, I hope that behavior to be improved that could prompt the users with their expired passwords to change them and to enter their credentials again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Shorten the time to find the contents of the Security and Compliance in Office 365 admin center.

■Title(件名):コンテンツの検索にかかる時間について

Shorten the time to output the search results of the Security and Compliance in Office365 admin center.

■Description_JP (内容): Office365 管理センター内セキュリティ と コンプライアンスのコンテンツの検索にて検索した結果の出力に掛かる所要時間が長い。そのため、コンテンツの検索にて検索した結果の出力に掛かる時間の短縮を希望します。

I would say that it takes long time to output the contents of the security & compliance within Office 365 admin center, and therefore I hope the time to find those results to be shorten.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. make the content search settings enabled with the permission of security and compliance at the initial setting for a global administrator.

■Title(件名):コンテンツの検索について

Regarding to the content search settings.

■Description_JP (内容):Office 365 管理センター内コンテンツの検索にて、全体管理者であってもセキュリティ と コンプライアンスのアクセス許可で権限を割り当てていないと検索結果のプレビューが表示されない。そのため、全体管理者であればセキュリティ と コンプライアンスのアクセス許可の権限を最初から割り当てられている事を希望します

Even the global administrator, we recognize that the preview of the search result will not be displayed unless the authorization is assigned by security and compliance access permission by searching for content in the Office 365 Admin Center.

For improving usability, we would like to have the functions assigned to the permissions to access security and compliance at the initial setting for the global administrator.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. hide the last question of survey app.

■Title(件名):アンケートアプリの最後の質問を表示出来ないようにして欲しい

Wishing the display of survey app' s last question to be disabled.

■Description_JP (内容): アンケートアプリを使用しているが、質問を段階的に作成しているが、運用上最後の質問を表示出来ないようにする必要があります。現時点の動作では出来ないとのことであるため機能の拡充をお願いします。

I need to hide the menu the last question of survey app when creating its phased questions. However, I am aware of the current incapability of doing that, and therefore, I hope the feature to be expanded that could disable the display of last question.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. make the function set up, which could enable to hide the action menu such as Edit during the display of an item.

■Title(件名):ユーザーがアイテムを表示する際に編集などのアクション メニュー項目を表示しない設定の実装について

Regarding the setting disabling to show the action menu such as Edit in case of user's display of an item.

■Description_JP (内容): SharePoint Onlineのリストの設定にて、アイテムを編集、削除できるのは本人のみという設定をした場合、投稿権限を持つユーザーが他人のアイテムを開いたときに削除ボタンや、保存ボタンなどが表示される動作と確認しましたしかしながら、実際操作ができないのは理解していますが、ユーザーが混乱するため、編集などのアクション メニュー項目自体を表示しない設定があれば、現時点で利用できる機能をユーザーで理解し易くなるため機能の実装をお願いいたします。

When I set up the condition that only the user concerned is capable of editing and deleting an item along with SharePoint Online's list setting, I am aware of the behavior enabling to show the deletion or retention button in case the user having the right to post opens an item. At the same time, I realize that I will be unable to operate any buttons shown, which could

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Sort by Name in Storage Metrics

I have a few hundred subsites and I am looking for a name of one to see how large it is in Storage Metrics (both on Premises and in Office 365) and I see that neither have the ability to sort A-Z or Z-A for the "Name" column. I can though sort by the Total Size. I just want to know where the F is or the Q without having to go through 17 pages! I found it on page 14! US...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. add the feature enabling to delete the file and site along with the contents retention setting applied to SharePoint Online site collection.

■Title(件名):コンテンツ保持設定について

Regarding contents retention setting

■Description_JP (内容):コンテンツ保持設定を SharePoint Online サイト コレクションに適用した場合であっても、例外的にファイルやサイトを削除できる機能があると設定の手間が省け、業務効率が良くなるため機能追加を希望します。

To enhance our work efficiency, I hope the additional feature to be implemented that could enable to delete exceptionally the files and sites even in the case of applying contents retention setting to SharePoint collection, which would be helpful in reducing the trouble in setting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow Survey Questions to dispaly horizontally

Allow Survey Questions to display horizontally. We receive a lot of requests from our users to display survey choice questions horizontally. The vertical responses consume a lot of page real estate and would be better arranged horizontally.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Approval Workflow mobile view support please

Hi, i understand that approval workflow is not supported in mobile view. Would be good if this approval workflow is enable and a mobile compatibility in future. Also to improve the speed up of approval process ( currently keep loading a few seconds, and sometimes few minutes). Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 完全无法正常使用

无法正常连接sharepoint库

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Let it remain Modern UI, after inserting a Modern UI document library,

When inserting a Modern UI document library as a Web Part on your home page, I want it to remain to Modern UI displayed.
    For now, when you insert a Modern UI document library as a Web Part on your home page, it displays Classic UI.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base