SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Administration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Administration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. About setting to use SMS with notification function

User wants to hide the setting part or clarify that it can not be used for unavailable functions like the "text message (SMS)" function in the notification setting delivery method

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The file’s name changes to a messy code when using decompression software to download files

If you download multiple files using decompression software, the file’s name will change to a messy code.
    I really want this function can be improved.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. About the required property items on Modern UI Document Library

I hope that the files which uploaded to document library can only be uploaded after entering the necessary items.
    On Classic UI, by enabling the “content type” and turning on the check-out function, the above operations can be achieved.
    On Modern UI, even you make the same settings, the uploaded document is uploaded as it is, and it is necessary to submit the required items later by manual.
    I hope that also on Modern UI, when the same settings has been made, the pop-up page with the required property items can appeared and be written.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The views which from Views available at this location cannot be selected

There’s a setting called Per-Location View Settings in List and Library.
    When I try to make settings to the folder, the views which from Views available at this location cannot be selected.
    The issue has only happened on IE not including Google Chrome and Firefox.
    It would be really helpful if the issue can also be resolved on IE.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Throttling override in Office 365

This is in regards to the throttles mentioned here,

http://msdn.microsoft.com/EN-US/library/office/dn889829%28v=office.15%29.aspx

My suggestion is, have these throttles in place as default. But for services hosted only in Azure (effectively making you safer from DDoS), allow a tenant wide permission level that gives you much higher throttle limits. Also Azure will block all requests > 1 minute, so keep that in place.

There are many scenarios where the 1RPS throttle is just too too low.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Property on user object to show if AD account is disabled

When an employee quit his/her job we disable the user`s AD account. This should be reflected onto the user object, so we can use REST queries to filter out all "old" users.

As far as I know, today, there is no way of retrieving all "active" users from siteusers.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Currently the maximum number of unique security scopes set for a list cannot exceed 50,000.

Currently the maximum number of unique security scopes set for a list cannot exceed 50,000. Is there a plan to set this limit higher in SharePoint 2016?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Workflow Manager

Workflow Manager Configurations with Https and with Load balancer is not easy thing, needs simplifying and clear description.
    Restore Scope command was having issue that I am following up with Microsoft Engineers

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Batch control in Migration Manager

I would like to be able to get a better view of migrations in the new migration manager. The possibility to Open/collapse batches with the same name. Both to get a better overview of the overall status and to collapse when done. If you have 30K users then its hard to get an overview on the status, unless you export it to a csv file.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. SharePoint Online と OneDrive for Bussiness で双方間での同期ができる機能がほしい I want the ability to synchronize between SharePoint Online and OneDrive for

SharePoint Online と OneDrive for Bussiness のクラウド上で双方間でのファイルの同期機能を実装してほしい。

ローカル上での同期ではなく、SharePoint Online で作成・偏執したファイルを OneDrive for Bussiness でも同期が出来るようにしてほしい。
    早期の実現をお願いします。

I want you to implement a file synchronization function between the two on the SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Bussiness clouds.

Instead of synchronizing locally, I want to be able to synchronize files created and paranoid in SharePoint Online with OneDrive for Bussiness.
    I would like an early realization.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Control the SharePoint site template selections to be shown

I would request to controlling function to show/hide preferred templates in the Template Selection, which shows the available templates only and hide undesirable ones via SharePoint Online admin center.

Because, when the site administrator creates a site through SharePoint Online admin center, the administrator selects < Select template later… > in the Custom tab, so the administrator selects a template after site creation, however there are some templates that we do not let them use.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make it possible to view OneDrive for Business usage trends by months in Usage page in Microsoft 365 admin center

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    OneDrive 利用状況の表示について

Make it possible to view OneDrive for Business usage trends by months in Usage page in Microsoft 365 admin center

■Description(内容):
    現在のMicrosoft 365管理センターにてOneDrive for Businessの利用状況を頻繁に使用しております。
    どれだけのユーザーが使用しているのかを常に把握し情報を記載する必要があるため、 [管理センター] - [レポート] - [使用状況] より毎回確認をしております。
    現在のOffice 365の動作では表示形式を変更が 7 日間、30 日間、90 日間、180 日間のみとなっており月表示にする事ができません。
    例として2018/12/01から2018/12/31までをグラフ表示する事ができれば、作業効率の大幅な向上が見込めるため機能の拡張を希望します。

We always check the usage of OneDrive for Business from Microsoft 365 admin center to know the information how many users using the service. The report can be viewed for trends over the last 7days, 30days 90days, or 180days, but it would be much better if we could know the monthly usage trends instead.…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The 'Shared With' column in sharepoint document library is not getting updated when there is change in sharing with different set of users

The 'Shared With' column in sharepoint document library is not getting updated when there is change in sharing with different set of users in different ways.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I like the sharepoint tool for migration but it supports only on premise to online could you include Online to Online Migration..

I like the sharepoint tool for migration but it supports only on premise to online could you include Online to Online Migration..

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Improve on the [Calendar Overlay] feature in SharePoint Online.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):SharePoint Online の予定表の重ね合わせ機能の改善について

Improve on the [Calendar Overlay] feature in SharePoint Online.

■Description_JP (内容):SharePoint Online の予定表では、[予定表の重ね合わせ] 機能で、他の予定表を重ね合わせることができるが、重ね合わせの対象の予定表を変更した場合、カレンダー上は変更後のアイテム (予定) が反映されるものの、アイテムをクリックすると前回設定していた予定表のアイテムが表示される動作となり混乱を招く。この動作について、重ね合わせの対象の予定表を変更した場合に、表示されるアイテムが置き換わるよう機能の改善を強く希望します。 

I am able to overlap another calendar within SharePoint Online's calendar along with its [Calendar Overlay] feature. When I make a change for the calendar targeted for overlap, however, I find the calendars previously set displayed by clicking them although its modified item (calendar) is shown seemingly. That confuses me, and therefore I strongly hope its feature to be improved so as to replace a displayed item with the one that I intend to change.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add default expiry to OneDrive shares

Hello,

In OneDrive administration there is a setting "Links must expire within this number of days".
    It seems this settings is also and automatically the default expiry period for all shares created from then on.
    What I would like to see is that the existing setting (B) would stay and would define the maximum share time possible. Another setting (A) would be the default share expiry.
    For instance setting A=30 days and B=365 days would have following result:
    All shares created would have a default expiry of 30 (A) days. For some more long term project the users could increase…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow site administrators to change site column names

Allow site administrators to change site column names. Currently (as tested with Microsoft via case #: 617052394241040), site administrators can create site columns, but only a user with site collection administrator privileges or above can change existing site column names. I think that if you are allowing someone to create a site column, that same type of user should have the ability to change the column's name, type, description, etc.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Site collections listing, search and navigration

In the site collection listing of the SharePoint admin centre show the title name given to the site, the primary site collection owner and also a count of the number of subsites (0-x), type of site template used (i.e. teamsite, publishing site, bi, project site) and date&time of last updated and date created. How about some navigration filters like 'most recent' which lists sites created within the past quarter, 'most activity' listing the top 5 - 10 sites in use.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Provide the ability to turn off List Alerts

I would like to see MS come up with a way to be able to turn off list alerts, so that when the list reaches the 5000 item limit threshold, when we remove old items (items that wont ever be touched again), it doesn't send out emails to each user who has them configured.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Need a function which can confirm reports of views and visitors in app and content

There is no such kind of reports that can confirm views and visitors of app or content.
    It would be really helpful if content or app on SharePoint Online can be automatically generated a list report of views and visitors, ex. Announcement app etc.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base