SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Administration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Administration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. User information not reflected in Delve if fields are saved with blanks

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    ユーザー情報の項目を空白で保存した場合 Delve に反映されない
    User information not reflected in Delve if fields are saved as blanks

■Description(内容):
    Exchange 管理センター から "役職" 等の ユーザー プロファイルの項目にて文字列を削除し空欄の状態に変更した場合、Delve 画面へ 24 時間以上経過しても反映されない動作となっています。
    文字列を入力して変更した場合は即時反映される為、未入力で保存したい場合には、"-" など記号を入力し回避する必要があります。プロファイル情報にて不要な記号が表示されていることにより、ユーザーの疑問を抱かせる可能があり、その状態が続くのは望ましくない為、未入力で保存した場合でも内容が同期がされるよう機能の提供を希望します。
    If text are deleted and saved as blanks for user profile fields like "Job" etc in Exchange Admin Center, the changes will not be reflected on Delve screens even if 24 hours have passed.
    If there are changes to text these changes will be reflected immediately, so if users want to save without any input, they have to input symbols like "-" to avoid the problem. Users may…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable Site Collection Administrators to retrieve Office 365 audit logs

■Title(件名):
    サイト コレクション管理者の役割だけで、Office 365 監査ログを取得できるようにする
    Enable Site Collection Administrators to retrieve Office 365 audit logs

■Description(内容):
    現在、Office 365 監査ログを取得するには、Exchange Online で閲覧限定の監査ログまたは監査ログの役割が割り当てられている必要があります。
    サイト コレクションの監査ログの機能変更に伴い、Exchange Online の管理者ロールが割り当たっていない、サイト コレクションの管理者でも、サイトのログを取得できるように機能の拡充を要望します。
    Currently in order to retrieve Office 365 audit logs a user needs to have either the read-only audit log or the audit log role assigned in Exchange Online.
    Along with the changes in the Site Collection audit log feature, we hope that Site Collection administrators can be allowed to retrieve site logs even without the Exchange Online administrator role being assigned.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. "shared with us"

Please make "shared with us" optional and not a mandatory link in left-hand navigation -- we don't use it, and it confuses our users.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. SharePoint Online storage limit notification settings

■Title(件名):
    SharePoint Online 使用容量の上限の通知先の設定
    SharePoint Online storage limit notification settings

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online のサイト コレクションの使用容量の上限の通知を管理者以外の任意のユーザーにも通知できるような設定や機能の追加を希望します。
    I hope a feature/setting gets added so that the SharePoint Online site collection storage limit usage notifications can be sent to any desired user and not just the administrator.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Regarding the maximum single file size that can be uploaded to Stream

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Stream にアップロード可能な 1 ファイルごとの容量について
    Regarding the maximum single file size that can be uploaded to Stream

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Stream にてアップロード可能な 1 ファイルごとの容量は 50GB ですが、この容量を制限する機能の拡充を希望いたします。
    Currently, the largest file that can be uploaded to Microsoft Stream is 50GB, but I would like to be able to set a different limit for this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Look up filed from a list with over 5000 items

Once I try to add a look up column from a list that has over 5000 items the form show an error message that the content of the field I have created cannot be displayed because the list has reached the 5000 items threshold.
    I think this should be increased on SPO or maybe removed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Give me a feature displaying warning messages while moving folders in SharePoint Online

(English follows Japanese)

• Title: SharePoint Online のフォルダー移動時の警告ダイアログ表示

• Description:
      SharePoint Online でフォルダーをドラッグ アンド ドロップで他のフォルダー内に移動する際「このフォルダーを移動してもよろしいですか」などの警告メッセージを表示する機能の実装を要望します。

I want to have a feature to display a warning message, such as "Do you want to move this folder?" while moving a folder into another folder by drag and drop.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. classic site migration to modern identifier

if you create a classic site template STS#0 is used. The template ID was long time a good identifier for business reports using ps for example with get-sposite. Now if you enable modern features ore enable o365 group template iD not changed so you can not report more in easy way. With get-spo or pnp or graph you should be able to see sites which are later updated to modern sites (and when), which sites are later updated with o365 groups (and when) or which are HUB sites.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The address of linked documents in Excel is changed when moved to SharePoint library

As we have been moving Excel files to a SharePoint Team Site Library from on-prem storage, we noticed the address of any linked documents in a spreadsheet migrated to the library is changing from a drive letter designation to a web address https: location. We mapped the same drive letter to the library and the folder structure is identical to the previous on-prem location yet SharePoint, Excel or perhaps OneDrive is changing the address. Further more, it is not changing it accurately and eliminating two portions of the path that represent the team site name and document library name! We…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. reset frequent sites

Make it possible to reset the Frequent Sites in order to remove obsolete site. Currently, even deleted sites show up here and do not go away.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. About the notification mail in calendar and task list

予定表やタスクリストの通知メールについて

予定表やタスクリストで、指定の時刻やタスクの期限になったときに通知メールを送信するように設定したい

About the notification mail in calendar and task list
    I want to set my calendar or task list to send a notification email when it is specified time or the date by which the task is due.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. CheckIn missing in ModernUI as Admin

Currently it is only possible to CheckIn Documents that are CheckedOut by another User through the Classic Experience since the CheckIn Button is not available in the ModernUI (If it's not you that checked out the Document).

Please add the CheckIn Function to ModernUI if you're an Admin and need to overwrite a CheckedOut Document. (not discard CheckOut)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Site creation and custom content types

When creating a classic SharePoint site, custom content types are there upon site creation, but when creating modern sites either via sharepoint or teams, the custom content types are expected to appear within 8 hours but may take up to 48 hours. Normally they appear within an hour, but not always. It would be great if modern sites worked like classic and they were there immediately, but if that is not possible, it would be nice to have a power shell command at the site level that could request a content type sync to happen immediately for that individual site.…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Feedback button annoying

take the feedback message off.. it is covering up critical buttons on my screen!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Expand the feature to search for the "FilePreviewed after specifying it through the activity by using Office 365 audit log.

■Title(件名):Office 365 監査ログで "FilePreviewed" をアクティビティから指定して検索を行えるようにしたい。

Expand the feature to search for the "FilePreviewed after specifying it through the activity by using Office 365 audit log.

■Description_JP (内容):Office 365 監査ログで "FilePreviewed" はシステム アクティビティのためユーザー アクティビティに表示されず指定が行えない。 "FilePreviewed" をアクティビティから指定して検索を行えるように機能拡充を要望します。

I am currently unable to specify "FilePreviewed" by using Office 365 audit log because it is not displayed in the user activity due to the system activity. Therefore, I hope the relevant feature will be expanded to specify "FilePreviewed” through activity and make a search for it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Implement SharePoint Online feature to search for the synonyms.

■Title(件名):SharePoint Online の検索における類義語検索をできるようにしてほしい。

Implement SharePoint Online feature to search for the synonyms.

■Description_JP (内容):現在オンプレミスの SharePoint では類義語検索を実行できるが、SharePoint Online では機能の提供がない。また近しい動作を実現できそうな代替案等も一切ない状況の為、利便性を向上させるためにも SharePoint Online で類義語検索を実装して​​ほしい。

I am currently able to perform the synonym search in on-premises SharePoint, but none of its search feature is available in SharePoint Online. Moreover, there is no alternative option to realize a favorable behavior. To enhance the convenience of SharePoint Online, I hope the feature of synonym search to be implemented.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make the feature of “Share” and “Invite” which are under development unavailable

開発中である [共有] と [招待] 機能を使わせないよう

Microsoft Stream について、開発中である [共有] と [招待] 機能がきちんとリリースされるまで、使わせないように制限する

Make the feature of “Share” and “Invite” which are under development unavailable
    Please make the feature of “Share” and “Invite” in Microsoft Stream which are under development unavailable until they are properly released.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Move between document libraries

Please allow moving folders and documents from one document library to another without loosing versions, dates, "changed by" and "created by" in Exchange Online.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. expand the app launcher feature enabling me to add an app into a navigation bar.

■Title(件名):新アプリ ランチャーにてナビゲーション バーへアプリ追加機能の実装

Regarding the feature to add an app into the navigation bar along with a new app launcher.

■Description_JP (内容): 先行リリース許可テナントにおいて、新しい アプリ ランチャーが提供されたが、旧 アプリ ランチャーにて利用可能であったナビゲーション バーにアプリを追加する機能が利用不可となっている。運用上​ナビゲーション バーに追加​を行って業務利用をしていたため、影響が大きい。今後ナビゲーション バーに追加する機能の実装を希望します。 

A new app launcher has been available within the tenant allowed of its advance release. However, I am aware of the incapability to add an app into the navigation bar provided within a classic app launcher. I would say this could cause a great impact on our business requiring us for the app added into a navigation bar. Therefore, I hope the feature to be implemented

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base