SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Administration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Administration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Keep username attached to an approved page when using publishing site with workflow

When a site is created using "Publish Site with Workflow", after a page is approved the modified by field says "system account" instead of the actual user who approved the page. This has been an issue in our 2010 farm as well. Would love to see this represented as the actual last modified username.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Auditing & Compliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. External audit and access shared documentation

I think it is necessary to create a report with documentation that has been shared with external users. Currently from the support department I indicate that Office 365 does not include this type of audit

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Auditing & Compliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Identify Export events in logs as exports rather than searches in the logs

Have Export events identified in the log as "Export" rather than current event type of "Search".

Based on running the report and then going back to the eDiscovery site and looking through the exports I have determined that I think entries in log as search events are exports that is not apparent. It would be much easier if we could filter on Item Type = Site Collection AND Event = Export

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Auditing & Compliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Central administration rights for web UI

I have setup where external suplier developing sharepoint apps. They should have only Read Interface to CA, which is possible to grant only for POSH. The Web UI is a step above.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. DLP Exception Reporting

Provide reporting to identify where users have chosen to allow an exception to DLP policies.

Even better would be to also define an approval workflow (or just a notification at minimum) to trigger immediately when an override is initiated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Security and Compliance site permission change alerts

It would be great to be able to target specific site collections for permission change event alerting in the Security and Compliance Center.

Currently right now you have to target the entire SharePoint Online tenant if you want to configure alerts around Site Collection Admin added and SharePoint site permissions change events which might not be required outside of sites that contain confidential data.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 3 4 6 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base