SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Administration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Administration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The text entered in Excel Online cannot be displayed correctly

The text you entered in Excel Online has been interrupted by 30 columns (AD columns, BH columns, CL columns, DP columns...) and cannot be displayed.
    Please make the text can be displayed correctly even the text length beyond the width of the cell.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Customizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop breaking Quicklaunch Drag and Drop link functionality

D&D used to work for the quicklaunch like magic. It was quick and it was easy. Now it's broken and it gets progressively worse. One day you need to edit an item once and then drag and drop will work on it, the next day it's completely broken. I don't think anyone has to explain how garbage it is trying to use the SharePoint backend menus for trying to customize anything to do with UX...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Make the personal information seen function can be managed altogether in Administration page.

Because personal information can be seen in each function, it is difficult to manage.
    It would be really helpful if it can be managed altogether in one place of Administration page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make activities to be saved more longer than 90 days

You can search for activities that have run within 90 days in the Office 365 audit log, but other company’s products can be saved more than five years.
    So I really want that activities can be saved more longer instead of only 90 days in Office 365.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. JPG file is changing "created time" automatically

After uploading a JPG file from Internet Explorer, the “created time” will be displayed the time which in the image’s properties for a while.
    But after one day, when I confirm the file from “Open with Explorer” in the library, the “created time” of the JPG file is overwritten by the file’s uploaded time.
    But office files and PNG files do not cause this issue.
    It would be really helpful if the JPG file can also be remained to the time which in the image’s properties by “Open with Explorer” like any other types of the file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Provide a workflow option (one that works) for newsfeed(microfeed)

Current workarounds for creating newsfeed workflows does not work(list workflow or site workflow using SharePoint designer 2013). It would be better to introduce a workflow settings option similar to other lists wherein "create a workflow in sharepoint designer" is readily available.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hi Team, There is no option on sharepoint sites for users to ask for read/write permissions if they already have read-only access.

Hi Team, There is no option on sharepoint sites for users to ask for read/write permissions if they already have read-only access. The only option left to them is they need to inform owner by verbally or email which doesn't sound good

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Build Access collaboration site

Just put Access online to build custom collaboration sites. Someone like Access 2010

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Minimizar Calendario

Que los calendarios cuando los publicamos en un sitio se puedan minimizar como el resto de listas.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. App Launcher on prem 2.0

I really appreciated you bringing App launcher to on-premises, but you gave us the first generation of app launcher, and O365 is already many versions ahead which allows end-users to customized it and search within. As enterprise we like to embrace the App launcher, but really need the last version that has all the newest updated changes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow the ability to hide the OneDrive tile in the App Launcher in SharePoint Server 2016

By default the OneDrive tile is provisioned in the App Launcher in SharePoint Server 2016. If there is a need to suppress this tile for a period of time there is no way to do that without using CSS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow External Content Types to be Shared Columns in Document Sets.

Allow documents to inherit External Content Type columns from Document Sets. I'm trying to integrate CRM with SharePoint, and decided Document Sets were the way to go for each of my clients. I created an ECT for CRM and added it to my Document Set content type. However, I cannot make the ECT columns "shared columns" so I had to create a workflow to copy the data into a text column that is inheritable.

I have thousands of clients being updated daily, so now I'm resorting to Scheduled Tasks and Workflows to do a job that should be built-in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I found a bug for sharepoint 2013

Hi
    if you select Oslo layout ( that is a very beautiful layout) and you want add parameters in any list, you must use share point designer but this (List View Tools ---- Options--- Parameters ) tab are not show.!!!

I found out quite by chance, I have a test site with Seattle layout and when i want to create parameters, I was very comfortable.

for more details show this link:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/bb1890f9-3391-4629-ab87-10c899b60737/oslo-site-layout-have-a-problem-with-sharepoint-designer?forum=sharepointgeneral#a2594e05-32ec-4f00-bafd-746e56e4b7ed

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Creating Personal Views (Not Public Views) - User Friendly Suggestion for the Webpage Experience

Document Library:

As a user who will need to have many shortcuts, the process to create views is not seamless. The intuitive methodology would be to set filters, then save view somehow.

Current Status Quo for personal views is either creating a public one, then templating a personal off of it, then deleting public

-or-

Going through a very menu intensive and manual process with high precision (keying exact Enterprise Tags and such). I would hope to have a user friendly interfacing for creating these views as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Title as Name field

the option to set the Title field in doc libraries views as the Name

so

Title (linked to document with edit menu)
    Title (for use in forms)
    Title (linked to document)

becomes available in views without programming

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Customizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Custom tile not available

365 office Custom tile not available/ not possible to customize because it requires Exchange Online mailbox assigned. Like to add a SharePoint tile but unable due to the above reason.

Why should users be forced to subscribe to Exchange online to enable tile customization?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Quick launch is showing not what is configured in Navigation on new document library and Site content experience

In new Site Content and Document library experience Quick launch (left navigation) is showing not what is configured in Site Settings -> navigation. It looks like there are no way to control what it shows.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Use custom master page on new document library and Site content experience

Custom master page is not used in newly introduced Document Library experience and Site content experience. If we are using custom master page and then user goes to Site Content or Document Library it looks like he has end up in different place (because it looks differently).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. For SharePoint Site Mailbox App, please add the ability to set a default CC email.

Right now, when we create a new email message, the CC email address has to be entered manually in the SharePoint "Site Mailbox App". Some users can be forgetful and not entering the project's email in the CC box; we just want a quick way in the "Options" panel to set this email by default, so that a copy of the email will always be sent to the project's Mailbox.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base