SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Administration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Administration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Type file filter for SharePoint

I need type file filter for SharePoint File Share please guide for me or expand your application. Thank so much

Mr.Korawit

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I need to be able to turn off double sharing

Maybe this is already possible, if so please point me in the right direction.

We're looking into using SharePoint as part of our Office 365 E3 plan. I tested the share functionality today, the idea being we may have specific folders we want to share with clients, that they may be able to view or to edit depending on the needs of the team.

So I tested it:

Folder owner shares to a non-Office 365 email address ("specific people").

The non-Office 365 email address receives the link to the folder, and can log in and access as required, and can't…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. get secondary admninistrator for all users profile

Hi,

It will be great to have a button, or powershell command to get all secondary administrator for all Users profile.

Because as a global admin, I'm able to give myself access by clicking on the "Acces File" button in Office365 User profile.

If I need this access temporarly , great, but how te remove myself from all users profile I checked a day clicking "Access File"?

Regards,

Regis Auda
    regis.auda@itergy.com

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make the default permission level the Accept button in the Access Request email configurable so we can choose to make it Read Only permissio

Make the default permission level that the Accept button in the Access Request email configurable so we can choose to make it grant Read Only permissions if we choose when we click Accept button.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. SharePoint Navigation Publication site - Navigation per rigths

Users can see in the navigation menu only the spaces to which they have access (as happens in group sites)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. admin menu site list display

It would be very helpful if we were able to chose on how may sites are displayed on the list, instead of having to switch pages

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. change SPO tenant sync settings preventing ODFB MACs to scoping policy

SPO tenant client sync setting preventing MAC's from synchronising is currently a boolean on / off for the whole tenant;
    change this to be a scopeable policy based upon user identity

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. security boundary for sharing and security people picker

Similar to some other ideas around restricting the People Picker, I'd like to see the ability to scope the security/share picker.

For example, restricting the ability to share with anyone who does not already have access to the current site collection.

We already use the "restrict sharing to owners" and "restrict sharing to only people already in Azure AD" extensively, but the latter often falls short, as there are often times when Information Barriers or Client Confidentiality require further restrictions on not just who can share what, but who they can see in the share/security people picker.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. manage permissions at list and item level as part of role

Currently, there's a property called "Manage Permissions" at the Site Permissions level, when editing the Permission Levels.

We'd like to see this property applied at the List and Item level as well, so that we can take away the ability to change the permissions on Lists and Items (Documents or list items).

This allows us to restrict all security activity to just the site owners, rather than the creator of an individual document being able to share it with staff outside of who already has access to the current site, site collection or list/document library.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. How to use EasyAuth in SharePoint

Please provide some documentation on how to use EasyAuth in SharePoint

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Sharing options as described in documentation

SharePoint Online is fine.

I liked the announcement that it is now possible to set a default link type for sharing. However the documentation https://support.office.com/en-us/article/change-the-default-link-type-when-users-get-links-for-sharing-81b763af-f301-4226-8842-8d13bd07face?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US says something different than the actual admin UI:

documentation: "Direct - only people who already have permission"
    Admin UI: "Direct - specific people"

I would like the functionality as described in the documentation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Site Colletion IP Restritions with Optional Login

Please add a feature were anonymous access is allowed from within specific IPs and it fallsback to username login for external users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Item level permission in Sharepoint Online

Using Sharepoint Designer, we ca create the workflow which breaks the item level permission and assign new using Impersonates attribute but the problem in this is it not works every time.

Facing an issue many times that workflow is not execute in proper manner. So there any alternative for this.

I have found different alternatives as follow:
    1. Azure service
    2. Custom service hosted on local machine
    3. Using javascript object model (called from page it self)
    4. By creating custom windows service which run every hour and set the permission
    5. Third party provider like Nintex

All above options…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Token Timeout

Provide 2 different Token Timeouts for User and Groups. With the default TokenTimeout settings, updates to Active Directory Groups aren't reflected until 24 hours after changes are made. This is a serious risk when a user's permissions are removed from a site. By allowing different settings for Users and Groups, we could refresh just the Group Token Timeout to a more acceptable time for my company without impacting the User Token Timeout.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Permissions with 'AND' operator

Add the option to mark the group as required when adding to a permissions list.
    This will allow for a logical 'AND' operation to better secure content.

For example, a group for 'HIPAA CERTIFIED USERS' is added as required to a variety of lists that have medically sensitive content. Removing the user from the list removes any access to the content regardless of other permissions to the list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When Users Depart the Organization, Automaticaly Remove External Shares They Created

When employees leave our organization, any external sharing that they did with external users will still remain in place. There is a case to be made that there is a signification security risk that an employee, while still employed, shared content from our Intranet with their own personal Microsoft account. When they leave the organization, their organizational account is deleted, preventing access to corporate data. However in this case, they would continue to have access via their own private Microsoft account that they had granted access to before their departure.

There should be a security setting surfaced to tenant admins…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Privacy in SharePoint document Library

Allow users to view and edit own file only on SharePoint document Library.

this feature is available in Custom list ( Settings > Advanced Settings : Item-level Permissions )

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow Guest Users with Ownerrights to select other guest users via B2B

Allow Guest Users who are owners of Sites to select other guest users in the picker. - this options does not seem to be available

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Anonymous users used to access the embedded JS add-ins in Excel Online now they cannot.

Excel files can host add-ins in them. And when the users opened the Excel file on Excel Online through a Edit No-signin link, they could activate the addin. Now they cannot. Only authenticated users can see these add-ins. This change in behavior causes problems to people like us who try to embed add-ins in Excel files and share them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. SharePoint can analyze XFF tag and put the client IP in the default audit logs

Found the default audit log of SharePoint doesn’t include the original IP address of the connecting clients if the connection is passed by a NLB. Currently, SharePoint 2016 only records the IP address of NLB instead of the client original IP. But the package of the connection between SharePoint and clients contains XFF tags which allow AP server to know the client IP address. Customer wish SharePoint can analyze XFF tag and put the client IP in the default audit logs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base