SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Administration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Administration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SharePoint 2019 Flaw when opening documents in Edge & IE

SharePoint 2019 On Prem Out of the Box does not behave well when opening documents. By default Edge will open documents read only and to a temporary local location on your client. If you work on that document and save it, there is no notification that this is not saving back to sharepoint. Then when you close the browser, you lose your work.
    So far following a support call with Microsoft I was advised to install Office Online Server, and was not given confirmation that this flaw will be fixed. I know you are trying to push us to the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Integration with Other products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. OneDrive allow more than 1 SharePointOmPremFrontDoorURL

We have multiple web applications that are migrating to SP2019 soon. In our development, we came across this post: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/install/new-onedrive-sync-client which will allow us to set the SharePointOnPremFrontDoorUrl to a single web application. We need to allow multiple SharePointOnPremFrontDoorUrl values. Example:

WebApp1: portal.company.com
    WebApp2: hub.company.com
    WebApp3: intranet.company.com
    WebApp4: Etcetera.company.com
    We want users to be able to sync files and folders to any or all of the web applications. We want them to all show up in the same tenant if possible, or we can create multiple On Prem tenants (SharePointOnPremTenantName) as needed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integration with Other products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow OneDrive to Sync Libraries shared from external Tenants

Make the OneDrive Sync Client able to sync Libraries that are shared from external Office 365 Tenants and allow Microsoft accounts to sync SharePoint Libraries.

We need this functionality to help discourage our corporate employees from turning to other products that we don't have control over (like DropBox).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add Office Support for XML Files

Excel XML files (.xml) won't open from a SharePoint library via the browser (IE 11). Office returns an error saying "This action couldn't be performed because Office doesn't recognize the command it was given." But they do open from the File Explorer (after using Open with Explorer from the library ribbon), so I guess the problem isn't with Office but rather with the way SharePoint is passing the link to Office. That should be fixed.
    I posted a question in the SharePoint 2013 - General Discussions and Questions forum and a Microsoft Contingent Staff member verified the failing behaviour and…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Integration with Other products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Export Excel Workbook Permissions When Migrating to SharePoint

When migrating from existing user files to SharePoint. Their Excel Workbook permissions do not also migrate.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. "Google Analytics" tag should be enbedded in SPO by default

Google Analytics is often used for analytics purpose. Currently SPO have to be customized to embed "Aoogle Analytics" tag. But it should become default option because Google Analytics is used more and more.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. SharePoint synced libraries allows required columns and check-in - OneDrive Client fix

Since the new OneDrive client was updated earlier in the year it has resulted in not being able to synced libraries which have required columns. You can sync them but all the local files are read only and have the green lock symbol against them. We really need to use sync and required columns, they are key pieces of functionality. Please can the OneDrive client be fixed to allow this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Better stated plateforms compatibility. l

How does 2016SPO different than 2013SPO by adapting tge service on s chromebook? since now it comes handy in android i expecting some good news for chrome ss well....lol

by a user has been misinstructed by 2013 wizard, and fighting btw MS os environment snd Goog's dumb droid agents...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bug Fix: SharePoint Store: Sort by Rating

When sorting the SharePoint Store by ratings, it sorts by the NUMBER of ratings, not the ACTUAL rating.

So, for example, the "All" bucket currently displays apps with the following rating: 2, 5, 5, 5, 4, 2, 5, 3, 5. If, however, you look at the NUMBER of ratings, they are sorted by: 41, 37, 35, 32, 32, 30, 28, 28, 27.

I can understand factoring the number of ratings into the sort order. After all, an app with one five star rating isn't particularly qualified. But the expectation when I sort by ratings is that I'm going to see…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bug Fix: SharePoint Store: Searching for Apps

When searching the SharePoint Store for apps, the default sort order (by relevance) is not very intuitive, especially when searching for otherwise common words.

For example, searching for "Document Library" returns two pages of app results without "Document Library" in the title (though, presumably, they have these words in the description or other metadata).

As another example, one might think that searching for "List Carousel" would have the app named "List Carousel" displayed first. Instead, it's fourth, after "Corporate News App", "Apptex Designer", and "Image Carousel".

I don't doubt that these are relevant results in each instance. But it'd be…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Unable to attach large files in the InfoPath forms limitation is set to 5MB ,we need to have this increased

Unable to attach large files in the InfoPath forms limitation is set to 5MB ,we need to have this increased

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. SharePoint compatability

Dear Monali,

Thanks for all you do – I appreciate your always consistent follow-up. This is not a support issue, it’s a marketing and technology issue. Microsoft has got to realize that we do not live in a Microsoft world, we need to send documents in different formats. Like in all things MS will eventually fix it and get it right, at least I hope so. But in the interim this issue continues to frustrate loyal MS customers like myself. I am trying to roll out at least 200K users to MS 365 Exchange and Office 201X and then going…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make Project Server enterprise resource pool federation friendly and independent of Active Directory

Project Server 2013 Enterprise Resource Pool synchronization people picker requires a local Active Directory connection to look up users and AD groups.
    Please eliminate this reliance on looking up users on a local Active Directory and make the Enterprise Resource pool / management people picker fully claims aware.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg982985.aspx#section_configsynchro

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. How to increase the number of objects in SmartArt PowerPoin if the need for the number of objects more than one thousand five hundred or mor

How to increase the number of objects in SmartArt PowerPoin if the need for the number of objects more than one thousand five hundred or more objects and thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Integration with Other products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. MS Word Form & Content Controls

MS Word Form & Content Controls

In essence the matter lies in Word Form data rendering in the SPO Browser Mode vs. Edit in Word. We block Edit in Word as the users need to collaborate, but are barred from download. Users are required to Edit in Browser.

I have tried various workarounds, including attempts at modifying Word Options and adjusting SPO settings - all fruitless. What is going here and is there any resolution? I am even game for finding a script to automate an "open, save, and close" process in the background. Having an admin manually open each…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. How to display a pop-up on runtime for SSRS 2016 reports (Paginated) integrated with SharePoint 2016

Hi All,

I have a requirement wherein "pop up should display for the SSRS report which takes more than 2 minutes to run". We have SSRS 2016 environment in SharePoint 2016 Integrated mode.

We need to display a message in the pop-up that " This report is taking more than 2 minutes to run so you will get the report on your email once it is completed" with "OK" button, once user clicks OK, page should get closed and user will get the report on his/her email after the completion. This is only applicable for all the reports which are…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Embed Hoopla TV on SharePoint site

It would be great if we could embed our Hoopla TV channel on our main SharePoint site. I am unsure why we are not able to do this; we are able to embed it in our Teams channels. Is this something that is forthcoming?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. visio

On classic page, I can insert a Visio drawing (and later update it). I would like the same utility for modern pages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Embed Kontiki in Sharepoint

Hi,

I am tying to embed a Kontiki video to a sharepoint page and all I've got is this error (Embedding content from this website isn't allowed, but your admin can change this setting. They will need to add 'nestle.mc.kontiki.com' to the list of sites that are allowed.). With full control access I tried to add the site on the allowed list and I still can't find this feature because it's not available in my settings. Does anybody know how to solve this issue?

Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Excel Services Trusted Locations

In older versions of SharePoint you could add trusted locations for excel services - allowing the excel files with links to external data to update in the background without presenting warnings to users.

Bring back this feature or make it so that the site it's self is a trusted location automatically, so if I have a list and I pull data from that list into an excel file which is also on the site site and then display a chart also on the same site - I can have this auto updating without giving users warnings about external data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base