SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Administration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Administration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Admin center display is updated frequently

The display of the Admin center such as SharePoint changes frequently, but it is very inconvenient.
    If you change the menu name or display position of the settings you have learned a lot, you will not understand and you will not be able to check and operate smoothly every time, which will hinder your work.

タイトル (日本語) 管理センターの表示を頻繁に更新することをやめてほしい
    内容 (日本語) :
    SharePoint などの管理センターの表示が頻繁に変わってしまうが非常に不便である。
    せっかく覚えた設定のメニュー名や表示位置などが変わってしまうと、分からなくなり毎回調べたりスムーズに操作ができないので仕事に支障が出る。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Change Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. It is difficult to understand the meaning of "Limited Access" displayed when checking the access permission level.

It is difficult to understand that "Limited Access" is displayed in the result of "Check Permissions".
    We Confuse because the name of the user who has not been granted permission level for the file or folder to be checked is displayed as "Limited Access"
    I would like you to display only the permissions of the file or folder you are checking, or to display it in easy-to-understand Japanese.

タイトル (日本語) :アクセス許可レベルの確認で表示される "制限付きアクセス" の表記が分かりづらい
    内容 (日本語):
    ドキュメント ライブラリ内のアイテムで一部固有の権限を設定している際に、ライブラリやアイテムの権限の確認を行うと、確認対象のアイテムにアクセス許可を直接付与していないユーザーの名前で "制限付きアクセス" と表示される動作が分かりづらい。
    権確認対象の権限のみを表示することや、日本語として分かりやすい文言で表示するよう改善してほしい。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Associate multiple sites with Hub sites in bulk

I have several sites that I want to associate with a hub site and it would be good to be able to select them all in one go to make an association with a hub site.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Changes and bloat

Why can't you stop changing arround on everything all the time, and stop bloating the solution Down With all those Things only a few needs. It's impossible for small businesses to keep up With all the graphical changes, feature changes, and once in a while changing back again!!! You should seiously consider a corporate Version (lot of features and lot of changes all the time) and a small business Version (fewer features and With a slower change rate).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. One admin Center

Can we have ONE ADMIN centre to avoid the confusion.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Track source of site creation

Now SharePoint site can be created from SharePoint App, Teams, Outlook etc. Looking for source office 365 service which triggered creation of existing SharePoint sites. This information is useful for any audit discussions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Laouy imporovement

Please get the layout to use the width of the browser, WHY are OK/Cancel buttons outside of my (FHD) screen???

And get the responsive layout to an acceptable level, a this moment it's unusable...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. healthy company

Microsoft should provide the companies of a good security system for the documents and websites and an easy oversight of needs of a director: writing letters, contact via mail and video. The rest, inside information and contacts belongs to the company.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Consistent labelling and navigation in Sharepoint Admin Center

Better align labelling of objects and features especially where the object is alive and there are stages to configuring and then using it. I.e. don't use one label at the point of setting up the object to then use a completely different label for the same value after it's been created. Consistent labelling of objects and features across views please i.e. App Secret is referred to when creating / connecting an App but after the app is created there's no reference to the App secret via the admin center. It can be retreived via some Powershell but for something that's…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. add an option to a specific file to be set as "Must check-out"

I have a file that I want to be accessed and updated, only if the user checks-out the file. I do not want others to be able to download a copy of this checked out file.
    I believe this can be done at Library level, but can't be done at file level.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base