SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Administration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Administration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

I suggest you ....

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow the ability to hide the OneDrive tile in the App Launcher in SharePoint Server 2016

By default the OneDrive tile is provisioned in the App Launcher in SharePoint Server 2016. If there is a need to suppress this tile for a period of time there is no way to do that without using CSS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Customizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Navigation problem using Managed Metadata

While using Managed Metadata, users that aren't not admin CAN see every sites even if they don't have the access. This could be quite a problem when you have many users that are trying to reach their site and when they don't know where to go and if they have access.
    The security is OK, users will be redirected to a page telling them they don't have access to but is there any ways to simply hide these sites where they don't have access like Structural Navigation do.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Change default Security settings for creating new Team Sites

Hi We want to be able to set our own default settings for when a user generates a team site. At the moment the default is public we need to change the default to group members only, which I feel is the right approach with people haivng to change the security to increase access control.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Regarding the auto created site collection while creating Office365 group

I am aware that site collection is created automatically when I create Office365 group, but I do wish not to have it auto created while making Office 365 group.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow External Content Types to be Shared Columns in Document Sets.

Allow documents to inherit External Content Type columns from Document Sets. I'm trying to integrate CRM with SharePoint, and decided Document Sets were the way to go for each of my clients. I created an ECT for CRM and added it to my Document Set content type. However, I cannot make the ECT columns "shared columns" so I had to create a workflow to copy the data into a text column that is inheritable.

I have thousands of clients being updated daily, so now I'm resorting to Scheduled Tasks and Workflows to do a job that should be built-in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow administrators to view emails that have been sent an invite link with no sign-in required

Allow administrators to view emails that have been sent an invite link with no sign-in required. Currently, there is no way to view who has edit/view access to folders if they have been sent the link with no sing-in required. It would be nice to see who has access and be able to remove their access, if possible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SharePoint Upgrade  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Change access delegation notification criteria

Access Delegation should check for a profile before notifying a manager that user's OneDrive data will be deleted in 30 days. We receive lots of false notifications as a result.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Office 365 SharePoint Tenant Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Web App Policy

There are support administrators that require access to be admins on all One Drive for Business sites that should NOT have access to SharePoint administration or any other SharePoint team sites.

Likewise, there are support administrators that will need to have access to all SharePoint team sites that should not have access to SharePoint Administrator or the One Drive for Business sites.

The only way to achieve this today is by scheduling a daily script to run against the target URLs to add the needed groups to the site collection administrators group, to ensure that newly created sites have the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Auditing & Compliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Granular management of Add-Ins

Today, when you add an Add-in from a particular sites collection in SharePoint Online, the Add-in becomes visible and available in your whole SharePoint Online environment.
    It would be benefic if Admins of the SharePoint Online tenant were able to centrally manage Add-ins (no matter if they were added through the SharePoint store from any sites collection or through the App Catalog) and have the possibility to define:
    - on which site collections installed Add-ins are made available - Most important request
    - who can add this Add-in (list of users or AD group)
    It will introduce better governance capabilities…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Office 365 SharePoint Tenant Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Outlook attached documents should be transferred to ShaprePoint library

There should be an option for attached Outlook documents transferred to SharePoint library

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. this shouldn't take long

Please change the snarky canned message that popups during certain CA processes from:

"This shouldn't take long..."

to

"This really shouldn't be taking this long!!!"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  on-premise Central Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Provide an option to turn off SP Designer caching while developing..or remove it entirely as it's pointless.

I've turned off the caching option in SPD settings but I still don't see changes that are made to js/css files unless I add a query parameter to the referenced url. This is a very tedious multistep process because master pages have to be checked out, and then approved all over again.
    Msft tells me "not all caching can be turned off" but can't explain why which is utterly absurd. The caching process seems to be poorly thought out: it seems to cache "some" files to a local machine (at %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WebsiteCache) only when working in SPD which would be the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Improve the "SharePoint activity" report

Office 365 Admins can see the "SharePoint activity" report from Office 365 Admin center.
    And it shows the "Files viewed or edited" (number of count) for each users and we think that it is not an useful info for admins as it does not show which files or which site collection the file is stored in.
    We hope that the report can show which site/site collection the user has accessed and how many times they have accessed that specific site.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Wish to use OneDrive for Business synchronizing client within roaming profil

I am using some roaming profiles since my users move within their facilities and they sign in with their own users' accounts from the PCs set in their destinations. Consequently, I would like to use a synchronizing client even in the roaming profiles we use because I want to operate the files on Cloud with IE browse no matter which PCs my users sign in with.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SharePoint PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Subsites Notification

It would be good to have an alert on site collection when it's reaching the recommended limit i.e. 2000 sub sites. Even better have it customized which means that I could recieve a notification when total number of sub sites within site collection is at 700 for example.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Let me connect with the same engineer on various problems.

I have talked with several support engineers. Although I have not been dissatisfied with any of them, there is one in particular, Doron Friedlander, who has been exceptionally beneficial for the level of marketing that I am doing. I would like to have the option of reconnecting with him regarding future challenges.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Can we use this Audit log search to list all Users that have Accessed SharePoint Online site pages .aspx

Can we use this Audit log search to list all Users that have Accessed SharePoint Online site pages .aspx

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Auditing & Compliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Improve properties order

Can you please make it easier to change the order of the properties? Now it is too labourintensive to bring a property from top to a new group at the bottom of the list, because:

1. use of up/down -> drag/drop would be much faster
    2. changing order sometimes results in unexpected 'jumps' of a property, mostly back to it's original posision. Quite annoying....

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Profile Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Extend site collection recycle bin to 90 days

We really need site collections to "survive" for longer than 30 days without being removed from the recycle bin. This would eliminate our need to consider third party site backup solutions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base