SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Administration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Administration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Office 365 SharePoint Tenant Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Målgruppe kompileringstidspunkt

Redusere tiden mellom intervaller som målgrupper kompileres. En uke i dataverden er veldig lang tid.

Er spesielt slitsomt i utrulling-/testfasen

En knapp for å tvinge en kompilering hadde hjulpet mye.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Office 365 SharePoint Tenant Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sharing options as described in documentation

SharePoint Online is fine.

I liked the announcement that it is now possible to set a default link type for sharing. However the documentation https://support.office.com/en-us/article/change-the-default-link-type-when-users-get-links-for-sharing-81b763af-f301-4226-8842-8d13bd07face?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US says something different than the actual admin UI:

documentation: "Direct - only people who already have permission"
    Admin UI: "Direct - specific people"

I would like the functionality as described in the documentation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. site url aanpassen

Ik wil de url van een site kunnen aanpassen, net zoals dat bij SharePoint onprem kan, gewoon via Site instellingen -> Titel, beschrijving en logo.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Fix sharepoint

Share point doesn't work, FIX it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SharePoint Upgrade  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please create a facility for editing and deleting erroneous and defunct SharePoint Team Sites

There is currently not a way to edit or delete a SharePoint site once it is created. At present, there are SharePoint team sites created by prior teams that are no longer in use, or sites with misspellings that need editing, or sites that are returning 404 page not found errors. These are all littering our Dashboard and cannot be corrected or deleted. It is extremely frustrating.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SharePoint Upgrade  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fitler Site Collections with Project Web App Enabled

Filter Site collections that have Project Web App

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Displaying Lock/Unlock status of Site like in Classic Interface.

Place a lock icon symbol as present in classic view to show the status of a site, whether it is lock or not.

In new interface, we have to click on that radio button of that particular site, then after clicking on the name of the site, then only it is showing whether ii is locked or not.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bulk edit for new created sites

Make life easy for us, when we have created multiple sites via powershell it would be great if we could
    - change the admin or add an admin
    -delete test sites that are created

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Document version control in SharePoint offline sync doesn't work with Autodesk application

SharePoint Offline sync creates data duplication while working on Autodesk applications such as AutoCAD, Revit etc.

Data duplication occurs if the same CAD files are opened at both the location. It doesn't even pop-up that the files is in read-only mode and allow user to work on the opened file results in Data multiplication.

I agree that the Microsoft designed the applications based on their platform , but they should realize that the people around the world use this as a feature and expect compatibility with all other platforms.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Track source of site creation

Now SharePoint site can be created from SharePoint App, Teams, Outlook etc. Looking for source office 365 service which triggered creation of existing SharePoint sites. This information is useful for any audit discussions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Change Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Deleting individual Teams recycle bin at bulk through SharePoint Admin or Power Shell

Using Teams feature as an Document Management System become difficult as of now due to lack of improvements in SharePoint Admin Center thereby increases lot of dependencies on Users.

I suggest, and O365 Admin must be able to delete the Recycle Bin of individual Teams at Bulk either through Admin Center or Power shell.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. location of new sites

Thanks for the updated Admin Console.

I need to be able to specify where a site will be created (under /sites or under /teams), dynamically; I can currently change the default location in Office365 admin console, but that's not what I want. The default for my users should stay as I have it. But I need to be able to control where new sites go when I'm creating them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Support for dependent columns in Document Libraries and Lists

Allow dependent/conditional columns in Document Libraries and Lists
    (e.g. if dropdown1= choice1 then dropdown2= choiceGroup1, if dropdown1=choice2 then dropdown2=choiceGroup2 etc.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Wizard for creating a site or page

Wizard for creating a SharePoint online Site or Page. The reason for this is two-fold. One, a good first impression by implementing all the necessary considerations before creating a site, from Template, Apps, Positioning those Apps, permissions, Version control, and security verification. This would allow an Admin to go over that site with the wizard to see if any changes have been made especially to security by viewing the change logs. Lastly, to bring Sharepoint designer pages into the site administration. You can only view them by editing a URL. No link in site settings for viewing Designer pages.

Simply…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Addition of public facing profile

Develop a user controlled public facing profile that enables:
    1. user to generate and manage information (academic, personal, etc.);
    2. Allows the organisation (particularly those who offer opportunity to serve in differing capacities at local, state, national and international levels) to use the same information at a single click rather than retyping the information;
    3. allowing the organisation to activate and de-activate profiles (and specific roles) with a single click.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Last Modified Date in Sharepoint 2013 OnPrem

When i run a power shell to get-spweb lastmodifieddate for some obsolete sites that haven't been used in 8 months, but report says it has been used daily. Looks like daily system process is updating this. What is the fix for this we are using sp 2013.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. cumulative

Ability for a SharePoint cumulative updates to be applied inline for SharePoint on-prem without causing extensive downtime.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SharePoint Upgrade  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base