SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Administration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Administration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Performance issue when using the sharepoint online site.

Performance drops down when trying to connect to the SharePoint online site. Microsoft Front line engineer have no visibility and no information if there is any patches updated from the Product Group.

I only get the below error message "Exception from HResult = 0x80131904"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Site Creation option bug

There is a bug on the SPO Admin Center / Settings page. when you use IE 11 to disable the Site Creation option. Action plan to reproduce:
    1. Open the https://<tenant>-admin.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/online/TenantSettings.aspx page.
    2. Choose the "Hide the Create site command" option.
    3. At the bottom of the page click OK.
    4. Go back to the page.
    5. Enable the "Show the Create site command to users who have permission to create sites" option.
    6. At the bottom of the page click OK.
    7. Go back to the page.

Note: The "Show the Create site command to users who have…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Office 365 SharePoint Tenant Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. change SPO tenant sync settings preventing ODFB MACs to scoping policy

SPO tenant client sync setting preventing MAC's from synchronising is currently a boolean on / off for the whole tenant;
    change this to be a scopeable policy based upon user identity

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. set-loglevel by server , add a -local parameter for set-loglevel

set-loglevel by server , add a -local parameter for set-loglevel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SharePoint PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. security boundary for sharing and security people picker

Similar to some other ideas around restricting the People Picker, I'd like to see the ability to scope the security/share picker.

For example, restricting the ability to share with anyone who does not already have access to the current site collection.

We already use the "restrict sharing to owners" and "restrict sharing to only people already in Azure AD" extensively, but the latter often falls short, as there are often times when Information Barriers or Client Confidentiality require further restrictions on not just who can share what, but who they can see in the share/security people picker.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. manage permissions at list and item level as part of role

Currently, there's a property called "Manage Permissions" at the Site Permissions level, when editing the Permission Levels.

We'd like to see this property applied at the List and Item level as well, so that we can take away the ability to change the permissions on Lists and Items (Documents or list items).

This allows us to restrict all security activity to just the site owners, rather than the creator of an individual document being able to share it with staff outside of who already has access to the current site, site collection or list/document library.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Site collection created with modern Team Site not displayed and no UI delete

The default template when creating new private site collections in the "classic" SharePoint Admin is now the modern Team Site. However, those site collections are not displayed there and are only visible in the preview of the new SharePoint Admin. Also when the site collection created with the modern Team Site gets deleted, it does not display in the "classic" SharePoint Admin recycle bin and again only visible in Deleted Sites of the preview.
    We need the following to be fixed:
    - if modern Team Site remains the default template, then those site collections need to display in the "classic"…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Office 365 SharePoint Tenant Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. SharePoint 2013 Server OS upgrade from Windows 2008 R2 to Windows 2012 R2

SharePoint 2013 Server OS upgrade from Windows 2008 R2 to Windows 2012 R2

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SharePoint Upgrade  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow Word documents hosted in SharePoint sites to be edited on IOS mobile devices likei Phones

I keep getting errors that the Word version is old and need to update the document to be able to edit. All versions are the same. I have been unable to accomplish this in WORD but can do it in Adobe as a PDF Any Idea why?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Embed Kontiki in Sharepoint

Hi,

I am tying to embed a Kontiki video to a sharepoint page and all I've got is this error (Embedding content from this website isn't allowed, but your admin can change this setting. They will need to add 'nestle.mc.kontiki.com' to the list of sites that are allowed.). With full control access I tried to add the site on the allowed list and I still can't find this feature because it's not available in my settings. Does anybody know how to solve this issue?

Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integration with Other products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Need ability to create the new SharePoint Hub site in SharePoint Online Admin

Why can't an individual who is a SharePoint Admin in the tenancy create a new Hub Site directly within the "New" toolbar button, just like a "Private Site Collection"?

Instead, we have to use PowerShell and the client side object model (CSOM):
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/features/hub-site/hub-site-powershell

When the "hub site" is out of "Preview", will we have this ability? Or will be still need PowerShell and CSOM?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. product team could clearly document LVT limitations and best practices relative to the modern experience and predictive indexing. The user

Request that the product team clearly document LVT limitations and best practices relative to the modern experience and predictive indexing. The user experience is poor and unpredictable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. When select [ツール バーの表示] from [ツール バーの種類] of SharePoint Online list display form

SharePoint Online のリストの表示フォームの [ツール バーの種類] を [ツール バーの表示] に選択する場合、初期表示は、問題なく右上にページの遷移ボタンが表示されますが、次のページに遷移した後では、利用のブラウザーによって、その右上のページ遷移ボタンが消えたり、ページングができない事象が発生していますので、正常に表示し、動作できるようにしたい。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SharePoint Upgrade  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Excel Services Trusted Locations

In older versions of SharePoint you could add trusted locations for excel services - allowing the excel files with links to external data to update in the background without presenting warnings to users.

Bring back this feature or make it so that the site it's self is a trusted location automatically, so if I have a list and I pull data from that list into an excel file which is also on the site site and then display a chart also on the same site - I can have this auto updating without giving users warnings about external data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integration with Other products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Build OLAP database for Project Server 2016 very long time

Hi,

Our Project Server 2016 (on-premise), take a long time to build OLAP (about 7.5 hrs). Currently, data row on table [pjrep].[MSPEpmAssignmentByDay] about 2,000,000. I found big problem with view [pjrep].[MSPEpmAssignmentByDayOlapView00007829-4392-48B3-B533-5A5A4797E3C9]
    It's use table value function (TVF) to filter SiteId: [pjrep.MSPTVFEpmAssignmentByDay('487EED98-D954-4F64-9DAC-3A8821787318')

I'm read in https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/psssql/2010/10/28/query-performance-and-multi-statement-table-valued-functions/
    "But if you use multi-statement TVF, it’s treated as just like another table. Because there is no statistics available, SQL Server has to make some assumptions and in general provide low estimate. If your TVF returns only a few rows, it will be fine. But if you intend to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Database  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow preview mode for Doc files on Sharepoint

PDF files are enabled for a preview mode on SharePoint, which means that when I click on a PDF file I can click on 'Next' , 'Previous' buttons to move from one file to another within the sharepoint folder without having to close and open the files, but when I click on a word file it doesn't open it in the same preview mode

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Spontaneous Catalog Creation Template

Huhu,
    ich möchte ein template für einen Katalog erstellen, dem sehr schnell Fotos, Artikelnummern und Beschreibungstexte zugeordnet werden können. Der Eintrag soll in Form einer Liste erfolgen, die Ansicht soll aber die Größe der Bilder auf ein Maß begrenzen, dass Artikelnummer und Beschreibungstext noch Raum finden. Jederzeit sollen zusätzliche Referenzen als zusätzliche Spalten der Liste angelegt werden können, damit die Anzeige der Vielzahl von Bildern eingeschränkt werden kann. Die Menge solcher Attribute muss 20 nicht überschreiten.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Onedrive security feature for Business

Hi guys!

I would like to recommend a security feature which is to control when the colleagues are able to access the shared folders. Example from 9am - 6pm, Mondays - Fridays.

This is due to company's business requirement.

With Regards,

Stephen
    Network Administrator

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Auditing & Compliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add PowerShell Commands from SharePoint 2013 Like Get-SPWeb

I am finding that the SharePoint Online module is limiting me in some of the actions I can take as an administrator in comparison to SP 2013. One command that is missing is Get-SPWeb. You can get the site through Get-SPOSite but there is no Get-SPOWeb. I would use this to unlock locked files on the SharePoint server and other administrative functions. Please include more commands for SharePoint in PowerShell.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SharePoint PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Customization

When an OD4B account is deleted a message is sent to the deleted user manager. We want the data owner to make decisions on the user data (not IT) so this approach is great. However, the message is very generic and is confusing the user.
    It will be great if we will have the option to customize the message and provide some specific instructions to the manager specific for our company (including Help desk support number just in case).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base