SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Administration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Administration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Security and Compliance site permission change alerts

It would be great to be able to target specific site collections for permission change event alerting in the Security and Compliance Center.

Currently right now you have to target the entire SharePoint Online tenant if you want to configure alerts around Site Collection Admin added and SharePoint site permissions change events which might not be required outside of sites that contain confidential data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Auditing & Compliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Modern Communication Template Top Navigation Does Not Update with PnP Commands

Please allow the modern templates top navigation bar to reflect all changes pushed out using the PnPNavigation commands. At this time the navigation links seems to be disconnected and editable independently.

This issue does NOT happen with the modern team site. Those links update correctly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. any

any

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Item level permission in Sharepoint Online

Using Sharepoint Designer, we ca create the workflow which breaks the item level permission and assign new using Impersonates attribute but the problem in this is it not works every time.

Facing an issue many times that workflow is not execute in proper manner. So there any alternative for this.

I have found different alternatives as follow:
    1. Azure service
    2. Custom service hosted on local machine
    3. Using javascript object model (called from page it self)
    4. By creating custom windows service which run every hour and set the permission
    5. Third party provider like Nintex

All above options…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please update documentation

Please keep documentation up to date. This article led our users down the incorrect path for managing Site Access Request settings.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Set-up-and-manage-access-requests-94b26e0b-2822-49d4-929a-8455698654b3#__toc374462556

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Use GUIDs for Site Columns Instead of Names

I would like you to alter how site columns are handled so that I can create custom new columns with the same name as the base columns, such as Department and Location. GUIDs should be used to keep track of the columns, and not by the actual name when used to create the column.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Taxonomy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Check in / out GDPR compliance and integrity endpoint for full accountability

Check in / out GDPR compliance and integrity endpoint for full accountability RMS / ATP

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Auditing & Compliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Giving up on SharePoint

I just want to say that I'm giving up on SharePoint. Without a GUI interface in SharePoint Designer, I can't accomplish the attention to detail that I could before. I work for local government and most people in this industry just use their shared network drive. I used to push SharePoint but, without being a coder or programmer, I can't show them what SharePoint is capable of. Our IT department only uses it agency wide projects. A regular end user like me is wasting their time. Back to Excel and shared drives, I go.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Scrollfunktion Admincenter

Ich kann im Admincenter nicht scrollen. Eine Scrollfunktion sollte doch auf jeder Seite funktionieren. Browser: Chrome

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow Admins to customize Document library folder icon from library setting

Currently there is no out-of-box way to customize the folder icon, it will be nice if allow user to choose custom folder icon in SharePoint directly from library/site setting

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. map to sharePoint online Library with a GPO

SharePoint online does not have the ability to map ( by GPO) to a library.

I don't want a synch client. I want the ability to set up a policy that attaches a library to everyone in a AD security group

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Post the Swagger definitions of the User Profiles and Web APIs on a CDN

I'm not sure if tenant-specific information would be included in a Swagger definition, but it seems there should be publicly-available Swagger definitions (in JSON and YAML) of the User Profiles and Web APIs so they can be more easily tapped into. If there are lines that need to be configured for specific tenants, provide instructions on how to do so.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integration with Other products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Token Timeout

Provide 2 different Token Timeouts for User and Groups. With the default TokenTimeout settings, updates to Active Directory Groups aren't reflected until 24 hours after changes are made. This is a serious risk when a user's permissions are removed from a site. By allowing different settings for Users and Groups, we could refresh just the Group Token Timeout to a more acceptable time for my company without impacting the User Token Timeout.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Zuverlässigkeit

Bitte bringen Sie die bestehenden Dienste erst einmal dazu zuverlässig zu laufen bevor Sie neue hinzunehmen. Danke

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Office 365 SharePoint Tenant Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow multiple template documents to be associated with a content type

Optionally allow content types to point to a templates library, and include all documents associated with the content type in that library in a sub-menu when you click New.

Consider for example a content type called Report. The same content type would probably be used for many different types of reports.

It would also be nice to allow templates from a number of different libraries to be included. That way you could provide for corporate templates, departmental templates, and team or site templates.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Fix Query Builder dialog

Many times when I want to run the Query Builder, the dialog box appears and has nothing but the title in it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Office 365 SharePoint Tenant Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Improve the feature to duplicate the view of Blog site page.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):ブログ サイトのトップページのビューを複製できるようにしたい

Improve the feature to duplicate the view of Blog site page.

■Description_JP (内容):ブログ サイトのトップページのビューが標準機能では複製ができないため、標準機能内でもブログ サイトのビューを複製できるよう機能改善を要望します。

I am currently unable to duplicate the view of Blog site's top page by using the standard feature, and therefore I hope the feature will be improved to do so.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Improve the error concerning Delve's Android app.

■Title(件名):Delve の Android アプリエラーの改善について

Improve the error concerning Delve's Android app.

■Description_JP (内容):Android 端末 ( OS Version 7.0) にて Delve アプリを使用しているが、フリーズしてアプリが落ち​る等​頻繁に動作が止まる事象が発生しています。
    また操作中に、"コンテンツの取得に問題が発生しました。後でもう一度やり直してください。" とのエラーメッセージが頻繁に表示されます。この事象については別端末においても発生していることを確認しているため、アプリ起因との認識をもっています。 Delve アプリ は非常に便利であるため、このような事象が発生するのはとても残念です。​早急な改善を求めます。

I currently experience the incident that Delve app in Android device( OS Version 7.0) does not work frequently just as is frozen and fallen. An error also occurs frequently, stating that ”Couldn't get any content right now. Please try again later.” I acknowledge that the app causes this incident because I confirm that the incident happens in different device as well. It is really regrettable that this happens in spite of

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sort admin center categories alphabetically

could you please sort the left column in the admin center alphabetically ? It would be easier to search for the desired section...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Improve the behavior regarding Web sites added to Teams app' tab.

■Title(件名):Teams アプリのタブに Web サイトを追加した場合について

Improve the behavior regarding Web sites added to Teams app' tab.

■Description_JP (内容):Teams アプリのタブにWeb サイトを登録した場合におきまして表示されるサイトや表示されないサイトがあり、既定の動作として現在稼働しておりますが、サイトの種別を問わず、タブに登録したサイトが表示できるようにしてほしい。

When it comes to the registration of Web sites to Teams app's tab, I am currently aware that some sites are displayed and others are not shown and also recognize that the displayed or non-displayed Web sites are running as default behavior. For the convenience of the use of Teams app's tab, I hope that the Web sites registered to its tab will be shown regardless of the types of site.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base