SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Administration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Administration experience.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Lam post with building camara and prob

Drum that can keep an eye annthe city when the police is not a round and there are mounted annthe lam post to fill the bottom

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  SharePoint PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sync Assistant Attribute from Azure AD

The standard assistant field is not synced from Azure AD into the SharePoint UPS. This is a standard attribute that should be synced.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Profile Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Admin ability to view users recycle bin.

Admin ability to view users recycle bin. This is critical for criminal/legal investigations. Admins need to be able to view the content of recycle bin without modifying/restoring it. Or, allow admins to restore a user's recycle bin files to another location for further investigation.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Template of anything

I am running into issues not being able to make the site that I want into a template. You can only template some types of sites? And you can't duplicate sites? It needs to be easier to easily replicate any type of site.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Keep name of something shared private in the invite email

When you share or invite anyone to anything, it auto generates an email inviting them and include the name of what they're invited to. Normally, this makes sense, but it is a privacy violation if the name of the item is protected information.

For example, if I have a folder titled with a patient's name and share it, an auto generated email, that is NOT encrypted or secure, is sent out with that person's name (the folder name) in the subject line. This is a HIPAA issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow unused Onedrive space to be allocated to Sharepoint.

When employees need to collaborate over centralized files, Sharepoint is more effective than Onedrive. If users have extra space in Onedrive, it would be great to reallocate this Onedrive space to Sharepoint (at least some of the space, perhaps to a certain limit).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Method to confirm which sites guest users have access rights to on SharePoint Online

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    SharePoint Online においてゲストユーザーがどのサイトに対してアクセス権も持っているかを確認する方法
    Method to confirm which sites guest users have access rights to on SharePoint Online

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online はサイト単位で権限管理されているため、ゲストユーザーがどのサイトに対してアクセス権も持っているかを確認する場合、現時点ではそれぞれのサイトのユーザー情報リストにて確認する必要がある。
    多数の SharePoint サイトを扱う運用の場合、確認作業が煩雑になりすぎるため、ゲストユーザー単位で各 SharePoint サイトの権限付与状況を確認および編集できる機能の追加を希望する。
    Since sites on SharePoint Online have their access rights managed on a per-site basis, if you want to find which sites guest users have the rights to access, at present you have to look on each individual site’s user info list.
    If you have a lot of SharePoint sites, this takes a huge amount of work, so we would like a way to check which sites have are in a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Onedrive を他者に公開せずに、自分だけのストレージとして利用したい I want to use Onedrive as my own storage without exposing it to others

Onedrive for Business を他者に公開せずに、自分だけのストレージとして利用できるようにしたい。
    個人用 OneDrive だと容量制限がとても小さく、OneDrive for Business を個人の権限で他の人に見せないように設定する機能の実装を要望します。

I want to be able to use Onedrive for Business as my own storage without exposing it to others.
    Personal OneDrive has a very small capacity limit, and I would like to implement a function to set OneDrive for Business so that it cannot be seen by others with personal privileges.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Backup/Restore/High Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. term store powershell to move terms from system to term sets

Terms are added and show up in system and I can't go one by one with SharePoint Online lack of speed to move them to term sets. I need to move them to at least one where I can export them and then assign or import them in and assign to term sets. I don't use them as it is just so slow and horrible almost like they don't want us to use it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SharePoint PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I would like to see a preview option before publishing the site on sharepoint site

I wanted to see the site that I customize to have a preview option before publishing/ making it public. Because its really hard to see and edit if the pictures are on the correct position or size.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Visible retention

Within the active / deleted sites inside the SharePoint admin-center, there should be possibility to see which retention policy is applied. This could easily just be a column that one could add to the overview.

Same applies to the Office 365 groups

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Office 365 SharePoint Tenant Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SharePoint Upgrade  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Provide option to check out in Browser based editing and when editing properties of a document in a library

At the moment when existing documents are opened in the Browser for editing they cannot be checked-out, they have to be checked-out prior to attempting to edit in the browser, this is not intuitive or user friendly. Most users will want to act and then be prompted rather than having to remember the correct sequence of things when attempting to edit in the browser.

Similarly the document properties pane can be displayed in a document library but it does not feature a check-out option so if any of the document properties need to be edited the document again needs to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Time needed to reflect users having been added to SharePoint groups

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    SharePoint グループにユーザーを追加した場合の反映時間について
    Time needed to reflect users having been added to SharePoint groups

■Description(内容):
    サイト コレクションの SharePoint グループにユーザーを追加した際、反映に時間を要する場合があります。
    時間経過により改善されますが、経過を確認することができないため、反映するまでの時間がなるべく短縮されるよう機能向上を強く希望します。​
    There are situations when time is needed when users are added to SharePoint groups in site collections.
    This is not a problem as time passes, but as there is no way to check the process, we strongly hope that this feature will be improved to decrease the time needed for new users to be reflected correctly as much as possible.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Office 365 SharePoint Tenant Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow us to trigger SharePoint Online User Profile Sync... and give us the ability to see the timer job schedule

Currently we can wait from 5 minutes to 48 hours to see User Profiles Properties Sync from AAD to the SharePoint Online User Profile Service.. I've even see it take 72 hours.

This is a problem, especially when we use manager fields to workflows and approval processes.

It would be nice to be able to tirgger a profile sync, and view the profile sync schedule to we are aware of the wait times.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Profile Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. bloatware of all kinds in the windows 10 core programs. JUST STOP

obviously Microsoft has too many employees, who keep their jobs installing bloatware of all kinds in the windows 10 core programs. JUST STOP. I AM SO OLD I REMEMBER WHEN YOU BOUGHT A MS PRODUCT, WHICH PERIODICALLY RECEIVED NEEDED UPDATES , SO THE SUITE BECAME THE CORE OPERATING OFFICE PRODUCT FOR MY OFFICES. NOW ALL WE HAVE IS A MYSTERIOUS PRODUCT THAT UPDATES EVERY MS PRODUCT EVERYDAY SO THAT ALL THEIR OFFICE PRODUCTS STOP WORKING. LOVE WIN 10 BUT YOU HAVE MADE IT A NIGHTMARE WITH YOUR ADD-ONS, UPDATES AND MISMANAGEMENT OF USERS ACCOUNTS. FORTUNATELY I'VE FOUND ALTERNATIVES............ AND WILL…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. bloatware of all kinds in the windows 10 core programs. JUST STOP

obviously Microsoft has too many employees, who keep their jobs installing bloatware of all kinds in the windows 10 core programs. JUST STOP. I AM SO OLD I REMEMBER WHEN YOU BOUGHT A MS PRODUCT, WHICH PERIODICALLY RECEIVED NEEDED UPDATES , SO THE SUITE BECAME THE CORE OPERATING OFFICE PRODUCT FOR MY OFFICES. NOW ALL WE HAVE IS A MYSTERIOUS PRODUCT THAT UPDATES EVERY MS PRODUCT EVERYDAY SO THAT ALL THEIR OFFICE PRODUCTS STOP WORKING. LOVE WIN 10 BUT YOU HAVE MADE IT A NIGHTMARE WITH YOUR ADD-ONS, UPDATES AND MISMANAGEMENT OF USERS ACCOUNTS. FORTUNATELY I'VE FOUND ALTERNATIVES............ AND WILL…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. chnage the default focus....

when clicking the help ? in sharepoint, the cursor does not default to the field where text is required, this wastes an operation, in that I have to click into the field before typing, make the text field box the default focus for the cursor. this occurs on all 3 tabs in the help dialog.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Migration Manager should respect default Content Type

The new Migration Manager should respect the default Content Type for documents when they it is specified in the destination Document Library (see Settings : Change New Button Order).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Change the messaging link in Delve to use Teams

Our tenant, and I think most tenants by now are using Teams, however the link to message users still uses Skype for Business. I think the tenant admins should be able to toggle this feature to utilize the Teams connection for the user.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base