SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Administration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Administration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Anonymous users used to access the embedded JS add-ins in Excel Online now they cannot.

Excel files can host add-ins in them. And when the users opened the Excel file on Excel Online through a Edit No-signin link, they could activate the addin. Now they cannot. Only authenticated users can see these add-ins. This change in behavior causes problems to people like us who try to embed add-ins in Excel files and share them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Native support for Oliver Carpentier's Fantastic 40 Webparts

Oliver Carpentier's fantastic 40 weparts makes SharePoint far more valuable. It should be baked into sharepoint.

https://github.com/OlivierCC/spfx-40-fantastics

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SharePoint Upgrade  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Better Ease of Customer Use

I have monthly Office 365. I am becoming familiar with SharePoint and occasionally enjoy the part time of becoming fluent in use of Office 365. Occasionally the monthly subscription leads to; why are you being difficult without asking for money? Although, integrating what should be limited by accessibility at most. Pages are not capable of an embed code working. Though descriptions state about web pages and types of embed codes. My practice webpage would not except a Microsoft Teams web address within the same Office 365 account. Not that I am not happy with other available websites for website creation.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. APp Monitoring should include useful information

The Apps/Monitor Apps settings page should track the actual installed locations of the Apps instead of just saying they have "1 installed location."
    Just telling me it's installed is basically useless. I want to know where it's installed and who installed it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Office 365 SharePoint Tenant Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Remove connection not working

Hi. Am unable to Remove Connection from Records Management.

It shows that the connection is removed, but when I navigate back to "Records Management" the connection is placed back there

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Office 365 SharePoint Tenant Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Unable to add custom image column in office 365 sites of modern upcoming events web parts

Hello,

How to add a custom image upload field/column in Event Modern web part in site pages of office 365 site.

I have created Image column and added to Event content type, but when I tried to add a new event, I am not able to get that image column.

I need to get the image from Events list to show in Home page of my site.

By default we have a banner image where we can upload there from "Add Event" page. But to show that image in home page. I am not getting clear image.The resolution i have…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Upload Picture Dialog Box

Dialog box for upload picture for user profiles seem to be broken

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Termen/labels eerst goedkeuren voor gebruik

Het zou handig zijn wanneer nieuwe termen moeten worden goedgekeurd door een bevoegde gebruiker.
    Dit om wildgroei aan termen/labels te voorkomen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Taxonomy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Disable access apps 2013 on prem just like Online

Give users the ability to disable site owners from creating new Access apps in SharePoint 2013. Don't kill existing ones running but prevent users from creating new ones

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  on-premise Central Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. About Office 365 Video (English follows Japanese)

VIDEOについてご質問

Office 365 Video にアップロードされた動画ファイルの順番とデザインを任意に変更できるようにしたい

About Office 365 Video
    I want to be able to change the order and the design of the video files which has been uploaded to Office 365 Video.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to do multiple check in and check outs

I believe this was a functionality that was removed from the modern UI, but it would be very helpful to have an option to do multiple check in and checks outs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Database  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Inline powershell

Implement an Office 365 Shell much like the Azure Shell recently released, this could contain the relevant modules for each Office 365 component or selectable to connect to that component.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. About sharing operation from SharePoint Online (English follows Japanese)

SPO Officeオンラインからの共有の操作について

[SharePoint Server ドキュメントを Office Onlineで開かれる状態で、ユーザーと共有する際に複数のアドレスを一括で入力できるようにしたい

About sharing operation from SharePoint Online
    Please make multiple addresses entered in bulk, when I open SharePoint server document from Office Online and share with users.
    It is really inconvenience now, since only one address can be entered at a time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow Survey Questions to dispaly horizontally

Allow Survey Questions to display horizontally. We receive a lot of requests from our users to display survey choice questions horizontally. The vertical responses consume a lot of page real estate and would be better arranged horizontally.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. About Announcement web parts in team site (English follows Japanese)

チームサイトの [お知らせ Web パーツ] について
    お知らせリストの [リストの設定] から [評価の設定]を有効にし、新 UI 上で [いいね!] に投票後ページを更新するとカウント数が投票前の数字に戻ってしまう。

クラシック UI 上みたいに [いいね!] に投票し、ページ更新してもカウント数が正しく反映できるようにしたい。

About Announcement web parts in team site
    When you enable “Rating Settings” in the “Announcements list”- “List Settings” section, click “Like!” on the Modern UI and update the vote page, the total number will strangely go back to the previous number.
    Please improve this feature and make the voted total number displayed correctly like the one in the Classic UI.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Provide us with a "Add current user" to primary/secondary site collection administrator upon creation

Most of the time when I create a site collection I add my current account to the primary site collection admin. Would be usefull to have a "Add current user" to save me from typing my user name. Somehing similar to SQL server setup.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  on-premise Central Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. You should be able top amend the formatting of subsites as well as one main site in a collection, example switching between seattle and oslo

You should be able top amend the templating of subsites as well as one main site in a collection, example switching between seattle and oslo layouts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Approval Workflow mobile view support please

Hi, i understand that approval workflow is not supported in mobile view. Would be good if this approval workflow is enable and a mobile compatibility in future. Also to improve the speed up of approval process ( currently keep loading a few seconds, and sometimes few minutes). Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. SharePoint Communication Sites Template

I would like to provision communication site through app. but I don't see any option (template or API) in present communication site. can you please consider this request and provide template and API in future.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The text entered in Excel Online cannot be displayed correctly

The text you entered in Excel Online has been interrupted by 30 columns (AD columns, BH columns, CL columns, DP columns...) and cannot be displayed.
    Please make the text can be displayed correctly even the text length beyond the width of the cell.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base