SharePoint Search

I suggest you ....

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. About the search box on the upper left of the modern UI [site page]

User wants to search list items in the search box on the upper left of the [site page] for modern UI.

19 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • enable searching within doc libraries and folders

I would like to be able to narrow my search to a specific document library or folder so that the search returns results only from the doc library or folder and any folders or subfolders below them.

13 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Auto Classification of Documents During Indexing

Currently we have a large amount of file share and SharePoint data that contains Personally Identifiable Information and Sensitive Data. It would be ideal to be able to auto tag documents at the index level to filter out those documents in Search results. Additionally, it would also allow for tagging documents in a positive way, for more refined searching.

4 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Redirect link for modern search in modern team sites to classic search center

Hello. Can you please add a redirect link to the modern team sites, as well as the classic team sites with modern page experience, that the users can also use the classic search center which is customizable to fit the users’ needs?
          You have already added a redirect link to the classic search center within the document libraries when you search for something. But this link is not everywhere available in a modern team site.

3 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • The capable of searching contents of attachment in Custom List

We find out that sometimes the contents of files which has been attached to Custom List can be searched and sometimes cannot.
            I want to know which one is correct in the specification of SharePoint Online, is the capable of searching correct or the incapable of searching correct.

3 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! We understand that is can be confusing. Search in SharePoint has some documented limits that have to be considered when explaining the issues that you see.
              First, the supported file types: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj219530.aspx
              Second, the limits of the parsed content of a file: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Search-limits-for-SharePoint-Online-7c06e9ed-98b6-4304-a900-14773a8fa32f
              If the files you have in the Custom List exceed these limits, or are of a different filetype that what is supported, then the content is not searchable.
              I hope this explains why you are not seeing search results from these files. If your files are within the limits and of the correct filetype, please give us more information, so we can consider if this is a bug or by design.

• Provide same functionality as in Sharepoint 2007 to search on libraries on sites

We logged a call earlier this week regarding searches for users and were disappointed to discover there is less functionality in SharePoint online to the point where development/customisation is now required to allow searches on libraries?? Please can you consider putting this back in? If a user is searching a library for documents with specific context, they dont want to be presented with a list of over 500 documents from every library on their team site, especially if they are a technical author for a specific software development area.

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)