SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Reindex User Profiles option

When crawling user profiles there is no control over when crawls happen or when changed details are picked up. When changing Managed Properties you never know when these changes are applied as user profiles aren't changed and therefore continuous crawls will not run.

I propose that an option to reindex user profiles is added to Office 365/SharePoint Online so that all user profiles are reindexed during the next crawl. Similar to reindex list for lists and libraries in SharePoint.

More details:

https://veenstra.me.uk/2016/04/19/office-365-crawling-user-profiles-in-sharepoint-online/

161 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Pieter Veenstra shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Surely a feature as basic as the ability to run a crawl on user profiles should be available to begin with but unfortunately it's just one of a long list of useful functions, that were heavily utilised in on-premise SP, yet unavailable in SP Online.

• Geoff Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to see this feature added too. It's frustrating having to wait for an unknown time to see profile property changes reflected in search results.

• Kyle Bakker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see this expanded to make it easy to request a full crawl as well, instead of having to put a ticket in, waiting for the response, going through all the motions with MS Support to convince them you need a crawl, because of the 10 or 20 times i have done this, simply telling them that I have created new managed properties and mapped crawled properties to does not seem to be enough without answering a bunch of questions and providing a screenshots. Ugh! Thanks for posting this Pieter! I hope it gets some traction.

Feedback and Knowledge Base