SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Modern SharePoint Search Center

Please release a Modern SharePoint Search Center also, which supports setting up a dedicated responsible search evironment that works cross browser and allows us to search for managed properties and drill through the results with e.g. search refiners.

Besides modern Team site publishing pages, new modern web parts, modern libraries and lists currently in preview and modern publishing sites planned for H1 calendar 2017, I haven't found any information regarding a modern SharePoint Search Center yet.

158 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Harold Van de Kamp shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I concur, the modern search center needs to be able to allow for result filtering by custom managed properties. Lack of this functionality rules out the use of modern search as global (intranet-wide) search center.

• Elissa Klotz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We built our Classic Wiki site with the tags/custom search refiners, and trained end users to use them. Now we are being pressured to move to modern sites and take on a cost of custom work to get the same out of the box functionality that we had with classic sites. So we are stuck--no business justification for budget for custom work on a current out of box feature and our end users won't adopt the modern sites without them.

• Debanshu Debroy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am not sure why would Microsoft drop some of the good functionalities from the Classic site. Without Search refiners (filters), the platform is barely effective. Users are used to Amazon like search experience. Please add this feature to the modern site as soon as possible or at least provide an ETA so we can plan for it. Otherwise, we are stuck with Classic site.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring custom refiners in modern search page or let me know how to redirect to classic search center while searching from modern page

• Rene Henriksen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are so many improvements that could be done to the Modern Search Experience -> and even more to the Modern Search Administration.

The option to not include Best Bets is baffling. No way to expand/reduce search scopes, no search box webpart...

And next to no administration. Where can I see the frequently searched words, how many resulted in actually finding something and so much more!

Feedback and Knowledge Base