SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

About the search box on the upper left of the modern UI [site page]

User wants to search list items in the search box on the upper left of the [site page] for modern UI.

20 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

haiyan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On a modern experience list, the Search results are not consistent. It doesn't do "search as you type." Wildcard search (using * at the end of a word) doesn't seem to work at all.

• Matt “SpE” Spewak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes. In other words, I'd like the same "search as you type" experience from the search scope box on site pages that you get in the library search.

• Matt "SpE" Spewak, thank you for your feedback! I'd like to make sure I understood your feedback too. Are you saying that you'd like to be able to search from the site and scope your search to all libraries/lists on the site? If I did interpret correctly, could you give a little context on the situation when using this scope would help you?

• Matt “SpE” Spewak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, the modern search box has a much better user experience for users since it begins to show results as you type -- offering a "google" like experience which most users have come to expect. It would be great to enable this on the homepage and be able to set the context to all libraries/lists on the current site.

Feedback and Knowledge Base