I suggest you ....

Allow search result to return promoted link to a URL (not federated search in Bing)

In the search settings I would like to be able to return a URL that is not a remote (or local) SharePoint site, nor a federated search through Bing or Google. I would like to set up a search query so that it return a promoted link to a URL based on specific search terms. This would be helpful to tie together the various systems that we run alongside SharePoint and Office 365.

1 vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

HarzicN shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback!
    I’m not sure I’ve understood your idea completely. Is what you’re describing different from the option to add a promoted result that’s described in “Manage query rules” on support.office.com:

1. In the Actions section, specify the action to take when the query rule fires. Specify one of the following:

• To promote individual results so that they appear towards the top of search results, click Add Promoted Result (in SharePoint 2010 Products this was called Best Bets).
      – In the dialog box, in the Title field, type the name that you want to give this promoted result.
      – In the URL field, type the URL of the result that should be promoted. Choose Render the URL as a banner instead of as a hyperlink.
      – Click Save.

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...